Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know, I Know 01:15 - Apr 29 with 2782 viewsBoston

...but I'm too fcking lazy to work out Marti's win / points achieved percentages, anyone with no life got that stat?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I know, I Know on 08:50 - Apr 29 with 2595 viewssaxbend

31 league games, 12 wins, 9 draws. That's 45 points

1.45 points per game (corresponds to 66.8 points over a 46 game season, so not quite top six but definitely top half)

Win percentage 38.7%
I know, I Know on 10:15 - Apr 29 with 2439 viewsMonkey_Roots

I haven't got the stats, but then again my brain desn't work very well with numbers and percentages.

Here's how I can best correlate the transformation...

Get a mate with some 1210's and stick Benny Hill theme tune on the right turntable, play it for a couple of minutes... then whip out a copy of 'Recuerdos de la Alhambra' by Andrés Segovia and stick it on the left turntable... don't cross-fade it, as that would be an insult to Marti's impact, just whack it straight across to the left and close your eyes.
I know, I Know on 10:20 - Apr 29 with 2408 viewsdaveB

His numbers are impressive but it's even more impressive when you consider it's basically the same team that Ainsworth had, only 2 regular additions were Anderson and Hayden
I know, I Know on 10:32 - Apr 29 with 2372 viewssilky

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

I know, I Know on 10:47 - Apr 29 with 2309 viewshubble

I know, I Know on 10:20 - Apr 29 by daveB

His numbers are impressive but it's even more impressive when you consider it's basically the same team that Ainsworth had, only 2 regular additions were Anderson and Hayden

And not only that, he came in when the team was on its arse, bereft of confidence and hope. To achieve that PPG ratio under those circumstances is extraordinary.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

I know, I Know on 14:34 - Apr 29 with 2101 viewsMonkey_Roots

I'm a bit worried that he won't stay that long... It looks as though he's only ever had a year or so in of his managerial positions. Obviously he's going to get noticed at some point...
I know, I Know on 14:54 - Apr 29 with 2039 viewskensalriser

I know, I Know on 14:34 - Apr 29 by Monkey_Roots

I'm a bit worried that he won't stay that long... It looks as though he's only ever had a year or so in of his managerial positions. Obviously he's going to get noticed at some point...

Has he done better than the Ipswich or Wednesday managers though?

Obviously he's ambitious but equally obviously he's a bit smarter than Beale...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I know, I Know on 15:02 - Apr 29 with 1999 viewsMrSheen

I know, I Know on 08:50 - Apr 29 by saxbend

31 league games, 12 wins, 9 draws. That's 45 points

1.45 points per game (corresponds to 66.8 points over a 46 game season, so not quite top six but definitely top half)

Win percentage 38.7%

32 in 18 since Watford, that's 1.78 a game, or 82 over a season!
Login to get fewer ads

I know, I Know on 15:06 - Apr 29 with 1977 viewsThGrimRanger

his first couple of months should be ignored because he came in with no pre-conceived ideas, with a squad low on confidence needing to learn to play to his methods.

He also gave all players a clean slate. It took him a little while to figure out that Dozzell, Kakay and Kelman should be nowhere near the first team or the bench for that matter. Also what we were missing and what our best team looked like.

Since beginning of Feb we've won 8, drew 6 and lost 4 which is a shade below a 50% win rate. That's what I'll judge him on.
[Post edited 29 Apr 15:08]

TheGrimRanger

I know, I Know on 16:03 - Apr 29 with 1830 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I know, I Know on 22:31 - Apr 29 with 1496 viewsenfieldargh

All this without a fully functional forward line

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

I know, I Know on 10:33 - Apr 30 with 1282 viewsTheChef

The key was getting Cook and JCS fit and playing every match.

Hard to say whether under Ainsworth they were properly injured or didn't really fancy it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I know, I Know on 11:14 - Apr 30 with 1192 viewsAntti_Heinola

I know, I Know on 10:33 - Apr 30 by TheChef

The key was getting Cook and JCS fit and playing every match.

Hard to say whether under Ainsworth they were properly injured or didn't really fancy it.

It was important for sure, but if it was just about picking players anyone could do it. In Clive's piece about Marti when he joined us, there was this comment from Neil Banks in Sweden who'd watched MC's team, and I think sums it up perfectly:

'“He is very methodical. Gets his players so well drilled, they know exactly where they are expected to be on the pitch, know where each player will be when a pass is made. This may sound like common sense, but only when seeing it in action you sometimes see players playing a pass like they were blindfolded knowing that the pass will reach its intended target. '

That is absolutely exactly what happened to our team under MC. You compare that to when Gaz was in charge: players looking up for a pass and not knowing where to go, who to pass to, and no one being there for them to pass to. Players told to press but not when or how, so we had occasional single players haring out of midfield to hassle a right back, who passes it past them, and we had this giant space in the middle of the park that teams simply strode through again and again and again. It was horrific. Now, even if we play poorly, you never see such fundamental nonsense as that happening.

You're right: those two were key, but not *the* key.

Bare bones.

I know, I Know on 11:18 - Apr 30 with 1177 viewsGaryBannister86

I know, I Know on 11:14 - Apr 30 by Antti_Heinola

It was important for sure, but if it was just about picking players anyone could do it. In Clive's piece about Marti when he joined us, there was this comment from Neil Banks in Sweden who'd watched MC's team, and I think sums it up perfectly:

'“He is very methodical. Gets his players so well drilled, they know exactly where they are expected to be on the pitch, know where each player will be when a pass is made. This may sound like common sense, but only when seeing it in action you sometimes see players playing a pass like they were blindfolded knowing that the pass will reach its intended target. '

That is absolutely exactly what happened to our team under MC. You compare that to when Gaz was in charge: players looking up for a pass and not knowing where to go, who to pass to, and no one being there for them to pass to. Players told to press but not when or how, so we had occasional single players haring out of midfield to hassle a right back, who passes it past them, and we had this giant space in the middle of the park that teams simply strode through again and again and again. It was horrific. Now, even if we play poorly, you never see such fundamental nonsense as that happening.

True, Antti, but it's hard not to miss the main Ainsworth tactic of the Paul Smyth Long Throw That Doesn't Get To The Six Yard Box.
[Post edited 30 Apr 11:23]
I know, I Know on 11:23 - Apr 30 with 1159 viewsWatford_Ranger

1.75 ppg from Feb which is 80.5 when extrapolated which is firm playoff form. The Warnock team got 88 and the Redknapp team 80.
I know, I Know on 11:33 - Apr 30 with 1123 viewsTheChef

I know, I Know on 11:14 - Apr 30 by Antti_Heinola

Oh absolutely, establishing a pattern of play and getting the players' buy in so they knew their role to a tee was what made the difference vs. Ainsworth; ultimately the players didn't believe in him/his methods.

Although stats for games with and without Cook speak for themselves.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I know, I Know on 11:41 - Apr 30 with 1093 viewsnumptydumpty

I know, I Know on 11:23 - Apr 30 by Watford_Ranger

1.75 ppg from Feb which is 80.5 when extrapolated which is firm playoff form. The Warnock team got 88 and the Redknapp team 80.

45 Points from 31 games

45 / 31 = 1.45 points per game

If it was over the 46 game season we would have got 67 points

ie 46 x 1.45 = 66,7 pts

So with the current table that is 8th or 9th

However his impact is greater than that ie he took over a squad bereft of any confidence and in appalling form and yet still managed to get this squad to an 8th or 9th position.

If he has the whole season with a few new additions and two or three out the other way, who knows what he could achieve. You would be assuming he could get vastly improved results considering he managed to get a relegation doomed squad to perform so well so quickly.

The great thing for us having Marti, know finally makes us an attractive proposition for up and coming players with talent to come to, both on permanent deals and loans alike, and the right sorts a la Hayden, Cook etc so could see some great incomings in the summer transfer window.

The futures bright the futures Marti !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I know, I Know on 12:01 - Apr 30 with 1042 viewsWatford_Ranger

I know, I Know on 11:41 - Apr 30 by numptydumpty

45 Points from 31 games

45 / 31 = 1.45 points per game

If it was over the 46 game season we would have got 67 points

ie 46 x 1.45 = 66,7 pts

So with the current table that is 8th or 9th

However his impact is greater than that ie he took over a squad bereft of any confidence and in appalling form and yet still managed to get this squad to an 8th or 9th position.

If he has the whole season with a few new additions and two or three out the other way, who knows what he could achieve. You would be assuming he could get vastly improved results considering he managed to get a relegation doomed squad to perform so well so quickly.

The great thing for us having Marti, know finally makes us an attractive proposition for up and coming players with talent to come to, both on permanent deals and loans alike, and the right sorts a la Hayden, Cook etc so could see some great incomings in the summer transfer window.

The futures bright the futures Marti !!!

Yeah that’s why I had a look from Feb. The relatively low tally until then can easily be excused for having to deal with the aftermath of the Ainsworth debacle.
I know, I Know on 12:21 - Apr 30 with 982 viewsSydneyRs

All of this with no strikers too.
I know, I Know on 14:53 - Apr 30 with 833 viewsCamberleyR

I know, I Know on 14:54 - Apr 29 by kensalriser

Has he done better than the Ipswich or Wednesday managers though?

Obviously he's ambitious but equally obviously he's a bit smarter than Beale...

MC just shades Rohl.

Rohl - 47 points from 34 = 1.38 PPG
MC - 45 points from 31 = 1.45 PPG

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:02 - Apr 30 with 809 viewsstainrods_elbow

I know, I Know on 10:20 - Apr 29 by daveB

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

I know, I Know on 19:05 - Apr 30 with 674 viewsSuperhoops2808

I know, I Know on 22:31 - Apr 29 by enfieldargh

All this without a fully functional forward line

And some here would say the worst GK in the league
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024