Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National league 22:32 - May 2 with 4894 viewsstowmarketrange

I just saw the national league playoff final this Sunday is between Bromley and Solihull moors,one of which will be playing in the EFL next season.
I think Marcus Bignott used to be at Solihull,so do we support them or hope to get Bromley in the league cup next season?
National league on 16:56 - May 3 with 1373 viewsTwoHalves

National league on 15:06 - May 3 by qpr1976

Quite the ‘Contingent’.

Siouxsie & Severin, don’t recognise any others.
I thought young William Idol was part of that crew too ?
[Post edited 3 May 15:06]

Was a couple of years below young William at Ravensbourne School (just down the road from Bromley’s ground). ‘Billy Idol’, as he came to be known, was William Broad in real life. Used to look like John Denver. Gary O’Neil attended the same school too apparently, although that was after my time.

Would echo dmm’s remarks about the Bromley Boys film versus book. Books were much better.
[Post edited 3 May 16:59]
National league on 17:22 - May 3 with 1316 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

National league on 15:50 - May 3 by Boston

He was, but that pic is only half of 'em.

Didn't know any of them personally, but knew who they were, chatted to some occasionally. Tragically the girl at the top on the right hand side (she worked for Malcolm & Viviennr) died of some sort of cancer within months of this photo being taken.
[Post edited 3 May 15:54]

Wasnt one of them named Simon Barker? Or wasn’t he part of the Bromley Contingent, just a Punk Pioneer?
National league on 17:25 - May 3 with 1304 viewsperpignanR

National league on 15:27 - May 3 by dmm

The book The Bromley Boys by Dave Roberts is a fun read and much better than the film. If you were a kid following football in the 60s/70s you'd find it rather nostalgic and relate to Dave's story.

All Dave Robert’s books are a great read and highly recommended. Hadn’t realised he has passed on.
National league on 18:06 - May 3 with 1249 viewsgolborne

National league on 10:12 - May 3 by Antti_Heinola

Interesting. I've been around Bromley before on match days and while not seen any trouble, I've frequently seen groups of men who are old enough to know better and probably don't go to Chelsea anymore desperately looking for trouble. They have a bit of a reputation in non-league circles, don't they? Or am i dreaming it?

Haha - they have a few yoot who are barely past their first shave, but I'm sure if you sneezed loud enough they'd run a mile. Funny to watch them go though the (non violent) motions though.
Re the pitch, the ground is surrounded by useless boggy land full of horses. Reason being the water table is all over the shop. Not a great place for a grass pitch..
National league on 19:35 - May 3 with 1149 viewsBoston

National league on 17:22 - May 3 by Ghost_on_the_Westway

Wasnt one of them named Simon Barker? Or wasn’t he part of the Bromley Contingent, just a Punk Pioneer?

Simon was the name of the bloke who lugged a camera around taking pics at the gigs. So, probably.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

National league on 19:52 - May 3 with 1111 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Spackman! Apologies!
[Post edited 3 May 20:08]
National league on 18:23 - May 5 with 905 viewsdmm

Bromley win the play off final. I'll definitely get along next season to see how they get on.
National league on 18:32 - May 5 with 880 viewswelwynranger

National league on 18:23 - May 5 by dmm

Bromley win the play off final. I'll definitely get along next season to see how they get on.

Yea. Watched it.
Good game.
One for the neutrals.
I thought Bromley were the better team
Fabulous shot that hit the post in extfa time.
First 5 pens were awful.
Login to get fewer ads

National league on 19:59 - May 5 with 758 viewsEsox_Lucius

National league on 15:06 - May 3 by qpr1976

Quite the ‘Contingent’.

Siouxsie & Severin, don’t recognise any others.
I thought young William Idol was part of that crew too ?
[Post edited 3 May 15:06]

Toyah?

The grass is always greener.

National league on 20:23 - May 5 with 716 viewsHammersmithR

Bit of a random one. Was on my way to Euston yesterday to get the train up to Coventry. The fella next to me on the tube as I got on at Hammersmith was wearing a Bromley FC tracksuit. Turns out he’s their centre forward and was on his way to their team hotel by Hyde Park. Turns out he knows a few of our players like Chair, Kakay and Willock. He was at Arsenal with Eze. He lives in the Bush and we had a good chat about Zamora scoring that goal at Wembley. I saw he started on the bench today but came on near the end in 90 mins. I said to him ‘you’re gonna score at Wembley’. Lo and behold he scores one of the pens today. He was a really nice fella and it’s great they got their promotion today. Be nice to get them in the cup next season.
National league on 20:31 - May 5 with 696 viewsted_hendrix

National league on 20:23 - May 5 by HammersmithR

Bit of a random one. Was on my way to Euston yesterday to get the train up to Coventry. The fella next to me on the tube as I got on at Hammersmith was wearing a Bromley FC tracksuit. Turns out he’s their centre forward and was on his way to their team hotel by Hyde Park. Turns out he knows a few of our players like Chair, Kakay and Willock. He was at Arsenal with Eze. He lives in the Bush and we had a good chat about Zamora scoring that goal at Wembley. I saw he started on the bench today but came on near the end in 90 mins. I said to him ‘you’re gonna score at Wembley’. Lo and behold he scores one of the pens today. He was a really nice fella and it’s great they got their promotion today. Be nice to get them in the cup next season.

Great stuff Mate thanks for posting.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

National league on 11:07 - May 6 with 489 viewsQPR_Nippon

National league on 20:23 - May 5 by HammersmithR

Great to hear, thanks for sharing. That nice fella you spoke to actually goes by that name, or at least that’s how he’s referred to by Bromley fans. Olufela ‘Fela’ Olamola, got a pretty decent goal scoring record this season (10 in 20 starts) even though he’s mainly been an understudy/2nd striker to Michael Cheek, who’s a National League goalscoring legend (and scored Bromley’s goals yesterday).

I go and watch Bromley regularly as I live nearby and really enjoy the match day experience there. I was at Wembley yesterday, thinking how it was nearly 10 years to the day since I was last there for a play-off final (I think some of you might remember it☺️) Another brilliant day out - if similarly stressful - but what a moment this was. Love the smirk Byron Webster gives to the Moors fans behind the goal before dispatching the winning penalty!

National league on 15:25 - May 6 with 343 viewsWatford_Ranger

Rangers loan player in defence for Braintree right now. Trent Randall. Looks quite good for the level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024