Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present 01:29 - May 3 with 1645 viewsstainrods_elbow

As written up in AKUTRs by yours truly, Martyn 'Buzzer' Busby ended up randomly painting my flat in Crouch End in the late 1990s.

Anyone better that?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 05:59 - May 3 with 1505 viewscharmr

Can’t beat that Mr Elbow however.

Refereed a game in North Harrow, probably at Kodaks, coached by the great Tony (never recall seeing him make a save copyright) Roberts.

Never uttered a single syllable in acknowledgement of my existence other then to bereft my somewhat laboured skills in officiating. He knew I was Rangers as well as we’d spoken a few times in Ruislip Manor. He was into selling time shares in Florida.
Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 06:03 - May 3 with 1494 viewscharmr

Part 2

As a family we used to go to Hurley and park up on the Thames on sundays. I was very young and remember my Dad talking to a guy parked next to us called Tony Hazel. I think he had a maroon coloured car. They chatted for ages. Got to know his son quite well later on as he was the manager of goals in Hayes.
Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 06:58 - May 3 with 1441 viewspaulhoop2

Had dinner with Mike keen once at the ritz in Shepherd’s Bush was a regular haunt for the 1970s squad actually long after retirement

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 07:24 - May 3 with 1391 viewsslmrstid

My Dad has a semi retirement job delivering lease cars around the country (and picking up old ones in return).

He came across Adam Miller in Essex about 6 months ago. Said this guy was a proper cocky salesman type, saw my Dad wearing a QPR jacket and gave it the big one about how he used to play for QPR. My Dad, being my Dad, had forgotten all about him and thought he was a big bullsh*tting type until he got home and looked him up.
Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 09:02 - May 3 with 1259 viewsTheChef

Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 06:03 - May 3 by charmr

Part 2

As a family we used to go to Hurley and park up on the Thames on sundays. I was very young and remember my Dad talking to a guy parked next to us called Tony Hazel. I think he had a maroon coloured car. They chatted for ages. Got to know his son quite well later on as he was the manager of goals in Hayes.

Is that Andy? He also played quite a few games for ASB.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 09:29 - May 3 with 1195 viewsloftboy

Refereed Mickey Walsh playing for Hungerford Vets at Hanworth Villa, Jimmy Quinn was upfront, was absolutely gutted as Macca used to play for them but he was unavailable that day.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 10:45 - May 3 with 1028 viewsPBLOCK

Random one

Working in the Wetherspoons in Southend while at college around 1998/99

Bloke comes in and I think that’s Brian Morris (QPR physio at the time) came in ordered a small red and some food

Started chatting and said the reserves were at Southend that night had a good chat then left him alone he gets up and leaves then reappears 5 mins later and asks if I wanted a full set first team training kit ((Le Coq Sportiff)

Top man
Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 12:09 - May 3 with 887 viewsGuppy22

I met Clint hill queuing up in the Tower of London soon after Redknapp was sacked. He was on his own and happy to chat, my ex wife and eldest daughter didn’t have a clue but made my day
Login to get fewer ads

Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 12:28 - May 3 with 833 viewsNorthernr

Switched Monday night sevens league to Paradise Park in Finsbury Park a couple of years back.

Got our absolute ars handed to us in our first game, like 10-0 or something daft, and we're not a bad side (albeit getting on in years).

Oppo had quite a handy striker... Hogan Ephraim.

Still have to play against him twice a season but luckily I've done enough to occasionally be asked to fill in for his team when their keeper is away, so I get to be on the fun side of the thrashings every now and again.

Nice lad.
Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 13:01 - May 3 with 738 viewsStevenageRanger

Hogan posts on X a fair bit (or did) Always seems pretty swirched on.

He left us when he 26/27 years old and has then never really played consistently anywhere since. Seems a waste of a decent footballer.

I assume he made enough money in his 4 year contract with us to last him a lifetime!
Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 13:09 - May 3 with 689 viewsslmrstid

Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 13:01 - May 3 by StevenageRanger

Hogan posts on X a fair bit (or did) Always seems pretty swirched on.

He left us when he 26/27 years old and has then never really played consistently anywhere since. Seems a waste of a decent footballer.

I assume he made enough money in his 4 year contract with us to last him a lifetime!

He's said before in interviews that he lost his love of the game, didnt get much satisfaction playing in League 2 watching the ball fly over his head for 90 minutes, so just gave up.

Fair play in a sense as I'm sure he could have earned a decent living in football still.
Strangest (but true) encounters with Rs players, past or present on 13:23 - May 3 with 625 viewsizlingtonhoop

12 or so years ago Junior Iz was attending a holiday goalkeeping camp in Wanstead, under a qpr coach, Martin Something - very nice bloke from Middlesbrough. The camp was attached to a school run by Peter Hucker himself.

Somehow they fell out. And Pete stopped accommodating the goalkeepers...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024