Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke-Salter 14:50 - May 4 with 3360 viewsSydneyRs

Unused today, being prepared for sale?
Clarke-Salter on 14:53 - May 4 with 3315 viewsrbee

Perhaps or just simply being rested.

I am sure we can fill a dozen or so pages debating it though.
Clarke-Salter on 14:53 - May 4 with 3311 viewsHAYESBOY

Possibly, but could also be just resting him as no need to risk an injury for pre season. Dunne not used either.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Clarke-Salter on 14:57 - May 4 with 3226 viewsdmm

My thought was Cifuentes wanted a good look at Fox playing CB. He was one of our best players today and didn't need replacing.
Clarke-Salter on 15:02 - May 4 with 3165 viewsbosh67

Fox is solid but it would be nice to keep the whole defensive line if we can now as it's obviously up to the task.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Clarke-Salter on 15:02 - May 4 with 3161 viewsTonto

Wouldn't read too much onto today's team, other than Begovic sure as he'll ain't being retained.

We were safe, some fringe players played. That's about it

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Clarke-Salter on 15:09 - May 4 with 3097 viewsQuillPenRiot

Clarke-Salter on 15:02 - May 4 by bosh67

Fox is solid but it would be nice to keep the whole defensive line if we can now as it's obviously up to the task.

Well the question of if we sell JCS what do we need to get…Fox did well, opens up the possibilities
Clarke-Salter on 15:20 - May 4 with 2991 viewsterryb

He has been going off in recent matches.

I suspect he has a niggle which wasn't worth risking.
Clarke-Salter on 15:30 - May 4 with 2865 viewsTonto

Clarke-Salter on 15:20 - May 4 by terryb

He has been going off in recent matches.

I suspect he has a niggle which wasn't worth risking.

That was usually when we went 3 at the back though rather than injury wasn't it?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke-Salter on 15:39 - May 4 with 2807 viewsderbyhoop

I feel JCS had been carrying a niggly injury for the last few games, so MC didn't want to jeopardise a possible transfer. If we can get £5m we sell. Not bad for a player who cost us nothing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Clarke-Salter on 15:41 - May 4 with 2789 viewsmart_Goblin

He’s been doing press shots for the new kit at HQ this week which tells me that for the moment the club expect him to stay .
Clarke-Salter on 15:54 - May 4 with 2695 viewscolinallcars

We've all had derogatory things to say about JCS but since the start of the calendar year he has been
remarkable.
My ideal would be to get a good season from him then sell on for a hefty price tag.
Clarke-Salter on 17:13 - May 4 with 2348 viewssaxbend

Doesn't say anything about JCS. But I think we can say that Archer is going to be released and that we will try to get Hayden back next season.
Clarke-Salter on 17:23 - May 4 with 2306 viewsLblock

Was a fierce critic of JCS before but…. Credit where it’s due…. He has been fantastic after Martí bedded in and his partnership with Cookie did remind me of Richard Dunne and Ned at times

Fair play that man

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Clarke-Salter on 18:13 - May 4 with 2086 viewsslmrstid

I dont think its anything more than a few players who have probably been working very hard but been squad players these last few months being given the chance to have a full game today, when there was nothing riding on it for the club. Same goes for Cannon/Walsh/Dixon-Bonner etc.

Nothing more, nothing less IMO.
[Post edited 4 May 18:17]
Clarke-Salter on 23:27 - May 4 with 1568 viewsQPRConor2000

I think it's more of managing his minutes really.

Marti Probably wanted to give some fringe players a go to see what they were like.

I dont think it's anything to worry about.
Clarke-Salter on 07:12 - May 5 with 1277 viewshoops_legend

He is injury prone - so why play him in a dead rubber - i think that’s all there is to it!

He will be lining up for us with Cook next season
Clarke-Salter on 08:41 - May 5 with 1128 viewsrichpr

He's been very good this year and has benefited from playing next to Cook. I think we should cash in while he is fit and we will be OK with Fox and Dunne to play alongside Cook next year. Use the cash to get a striker. Also get rid of Dykes if anyone mad enough to sign him. Same applies to Armstrong who has gone backwards this year and definitely doesn't fit in with MC style of play.
Clarke-Salter on 08:51 - May 5 with 1072 viewsThGrimRanger

if the price is right then sell him. but it needs to be a very decent price because since he’s put the injury woes behind him he looks like a rolls royce centre back at this level.

we were one pulled hamstring in 2024 to either him or Cook away from relegation this season

TheGrimRanger

Clarke-Salter on 09:59 - May 5 with 968 viewsWatford_Ranger

Maybe a goodbye for Fox if he wants more games somewhere. Maybe Salter has been carrying a knock through the games we needed him. No point speculating really. If we get a serious offer he’ll go and we’ll find someone else.
Clarke-Salter on 10:01 - May 5 with 953 viewsGaryBannister86

Clarke-Salter on 08:51 - May 5 by ThGrimRanger

if the price is right then sell him. but it needs to be a very decent price because since he’s put the injury woes behind him he looks like a rolls royce centre back at this level.

we were one pulled hamstring in 2024 to either him or Cook away from relegation this season

Totally agree. An injury to either one of those for two games or more, we would have been really struggling. So fair play to the medics too.
Clarke-Salter on 10:29 - May 5 with 883 viewsQPROslo

Clarke-Salter on 08:41 - May 5 by richpr

He's been very good this year and has benefited from playing next to Cook. I think we should cash in while he is fit and we will be OK with Fox and Dunne to play alongside Cook next year. Use the cash to get a striker. Also get rid of Dykes if anyone mad enough to sign him. Same applies to Armstrong who has gone backwards this year and definitely doesn't fit in with MC style of play.

I think all this is dependent on where we are financially / FFP wise for next season, and where we are in the Championship table. We've ended up safe but not by much, so we need to be very careful not to reduce the quality of the squad by for example replacing our better players like JCS, with Fox who is solid but not going to get much quicker at his age, and with FFP well in mind. Astute signings and sales will be needed. I think Armstrong has improved considerably this season myself, both in his hold up play and otherwise, obviously he's got a way to go but he's still a young player.
Clarke-Salter on 11:16 - May 5 with 749 viewsRangersw12

Cash in on JCS whilst his stock is high and then try and get a pacy striker in ( if they exist ) .

We shouldn't be worried about selling players especially a 26 year old injury prone centre half.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024