Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. 16:07 - May 5 with 2432 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why do I find them so unsatisfying?

Brighton just took one, with a bonus no look, and initially missed.

I just don’t get what advantage is to be gained?
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 17:07 - May 7 with 340 viewsAntti_Heinola

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 12:12 - May 6 by LazyFan

The science was done, and Kevin Gallen was involved.

As they say in the video, if the penalty is taken properly, then it's unsavable, even if the keeper knows which corner it's going in out of the four.

Source here:

Also, I noticed that the best pen takers, the ones who have the highest score ratios, all hammer their pens. Ray Stewart a player from West Ham in the 80s/90s always hit them in the same place every time, but it was hit hard and so fast that even though all the keepers knew it was going there, they could not save it.

This shuffle is trying to get the keeper to dive early, and then somehow, using your amazing skill, you put it the other way. If I was a keeper and saw certain players doing this, I would start faking my dive early and then go the other way, also gives them time to possibly save the one down the middle.

I am waiting for a keeper in like the World Cup to save a pen down the middle by booting it straight back out in contempt to really make the taker look foolish.

Except, if you're a genius like Helguson, he'd beat you every time.

Bare bones.

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 11:32 - May 8 with 199 viewsTheChef

I also thought the longer you took to take a penalty, the more likely you were to miss.

But I think the stats show that actually your chances of scoring increase? Rather than rushing and hitting your pen as soon as the ref blows their whistle.

I'm sure someone on here shared that info before.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 11:47 - May 8 with 180 viewsdenhamhoop2

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 14:41 - May 7 by Esox_Lucius

Kerry Dixon by a mile... that's what he missed it by.

100% it's the second worst penalty I've ever seen just behind Chris Waddle's lash into orbit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024