Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fans 22:46 - May 5 with 2851 viewsHayesender

Sorry to start another thread on this, but I think we all deserve a massive pat on the back.

To think we've had more fans through the turnstiles than that wonderful season under Warnock in 10/11 is nothing short of incredible

We must be sado masochists

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Our fans on 23:03 - May 5 with 2804 viewscolinallcars

That's absolutely stunning. I feel proud & humble to call myself a QPR fan.
Our fans on 23:15 - May 5 with 2782 viewsqprxtc

Weirdo nutstains. Probably all flatearthers.

God bless their gorgeous bones.
Our fans on 23:33 - May 5 with 2729 viewsted_hendrix

What the hell Is It wth this bloody club?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our fans on 01:25 - May 6 with 2596 viewsnumptydumpty

I will bet our average away fans attendance numbers are one of the highest in recent years also.

Real numbers to take to Hammersmith Council to suggest we will have no issues filling the 30 to 40 thousand stadium, once we are settled comfortably in the Premier league

What did I just say !!!!

Help me please, big fat Tony !!!! 😆

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Our fans on 07:05 - May 6 with 2451 viewsdmm

I am one of those who attended both seasons and I continue to love the second tier of English football.
Our fans on 08:07 - May 6 with 2389 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I wonder what the average would have been if, instead of looking at the third tier all season, we had been up the other end and now in the POs.

Does anyone know what the averages were for the Gaz part of the season compared to when HRH King Marti arrived?

Tremendous stat in the OP, but numbers alone don't adequately convey the actual intensity of that support.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Our fans on 08:38 - May 6 with 2337 viewsdaveB

Our fans on 08:07 - May 6 by PlanetHonneywood

I wonder what the average would have been if, instead of looking at the third tier all season, we had been up the other end and now in the POs.

Does anyone know what the averages were for the Gaz part of the season compared to when HRH King Marti arrived?

Tremendous stat in the OP, but numbers alone don't adequately convey the actual intensity of that support.

weirdly crowds were pretty good under Ainsworth as well, 15932 for the league games although we did have sold out away ends in most of them

I think it's a mixture of things why the crowds are so good, having lots to play for so games matter gets bums on seats, the safe standing area has really improved this year with the introduction of all the flags etc, feels like a real buzz around the ground now. Of course the Marti factor having a manager we all believe in really helps and has felt like less midweek games than recent years.

When you consider we've won more away than home games again and our home record is awful really it's been an incredible effort by the fans

Away support also superb considering the running battle with an abysmal train service in this country. I wish when it's sold out people would just sit/stand in their seats, again on Saturday we had people in our seats refusing to move so ended up squashed up in a row with several other people sharing seats but that's a minor quibble.
Our fans on 08:39 - May 6 with 2335 viewsstowmarketrange

Our fans on 08:07 - May 6 by PlanetHonneywood

In the 6 homes games under Ainsworth we averaged 15,932,so not really much less than the rest of the season,which I guess was around the 16,500 mark.But the feel good factor was a lot better under Marti.
The remaining 17 home games had an average of 16,995,so 1,063 more on average under Marti.
[Post edited 6 May 15:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Our fans on 08:41 - May 6 with 2330 viewsessextaxiboy

They needed us and we turned up home and away . Supporter … it’s in the name
Our fans on 08:53 - May 6 with 2306 viewsFrankRightguard

Our fans on 08:38 - May 6 by daveB

weirdly crowds were pretty good under Ainsworth as well, 15932 for the league games although we did have sold out away ends in most of them

I think it's a mixture of things why the crowds are so good, having lots to play for so games matter gets bums on seats, the safe standing area has really improved this year with the introduction of all the flags etc, feels like a real buzz around the ground now. Of course the Marti factor having a manager we all believe in really helps and has felt like less midweek games than recent years.

When you consider we've won more away than home games again and our home record is awful really it's been an incredible effort by the fans

Away support also superb considering the running battle with an abysmal train service in this country. I wish when it's sold out people would just sit/stand in their seats, again on Saturday we had people in our seats refusing to move so ended up squashed up in a row with several other people sharing seats but that's a minor quibble.

I’ve only done a handful of away games this season but what really struck me was that the next generation is there and there in numbers. For a club that has been disappointing on field for a long time it’s really encouraging to see.
Our fans on 20:55 - May 6 with 2038 viewsderbyhoop

Just seen avg attendances across Championship.
17 teams had a higher average attendance than our capacity.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our fans on 22:48 - May 6 with 1925 viewsPunteR

We was in serious trouble and i think the fans dug in when it mattered.

I hope the owners recognise this.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Our fans on 08:27 - May 7 with 1776 viewsdutch

Think there are also other factors at home. Noticeable increase in foreign fans, not the prem league glory hunter types, but groups of largely men who want an old school football experience and love coming to HQ. Scandinavians, Germans etc who come, love it, come again and bring their mates.

As for the young kids, which I love to see, price is important. They can (just about) afford to go to games, which their mates who support the scum or Arsenal or even Fulham can't. And once here they are hooked by the atmosphere, intensity and proximity. All reasons to keep Loftus Road
Our fans on 10:26 - May 7 with 1656 viewslondonscottish

At home, it has been strangely nuts over the last two seasons; for long periods crowd sizes have been in inverse proportion to the quality of the football on show.

Having said that, the standing area in the Lower Loft had been nothing short of a transformational; it's changed that part of the ground from an area that noone wanted to go to to one that's absolutely rammed every game.

Kudos to the club for creating that and to the people who campaigned for it in the first place.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Our fans on 10:51 - May 7 with 1630 viewsPaddyhoops

At Coventry last Saturday my brother in law and niece took our seats right up in the corner where they were four separate seats .
As soon as I sat down a little kid took his place on the end seat beside me. His brother, mum and dad were sat a metre away across the aisle.
The kid immediately struck up a conversation with me and throughout the game kept up the chat going . He gave me a Facinating insight into what it was like to be QPR supporter in a primary school in Mill Hill surrounded by Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham fans.
His joy at our two goals and win was infectious and for an 11 year old kid he was wise beyond his years .
His mum apologised to me for him being such a chatterbox.
There was no need for an apology. I just said he was a credit to her and her husband.
In a world full of glory hunting kids . He was a maverick. A bit like us all.
The future is in safe hands.
Our fans on 12:38 - May 7 with 1513 viewsRangersw12

Our fans on 10:26 - May 7 by londonscottish

At home, it has been strangely nuts over the last two seasons; for long periods crowd sizes have been in inverse proportion to the quality of the football on show.

Having said that, the standing area in the Lower Loft had been nothing short of a transformational; it's changed that part of the ground from an area that noone wanted to go to to one that's absolutely rammed every game.

Kudos to the club for creating that and to the people who campaigned for it in the first place.

It will be interesting to see if they will look to extend the safe standing area and have more 50/50 split in the lower loft .
Our fans on 12:46 - May 7 with 1453 viewslondonscottish

Our fans on 12:38 - May 7 by Rangersw12

It will be interesting to see if they will look to extend the safe standing area and have more 50/50 split in the lower loft .

Yes; it would be great to extend it part way or all the way but people who want the family seats wouldn't want it.

Personally, I've never been a fan of the family stand I only got the seats because there was a rumour that they might become standing seats and so they did.

When my son was six he was with me in the upper loft. Much more fun.

Anyway, it suits me but not everyone.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Our fans on 17:16 - May 7 with 1278 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Are EFL / Non League fan attendances up on average everywhere too? Is this fairly unique to QPR or are we just one boat in a rising tide?

I wonder if there has been some self reflection on behalf of some Premiership fans who have decide decided that that circus doesn’t give them what they want anymore.
[Post edited 7 May 17:24]
Our fans on 17:53 - May 7 with 1228 viewsMick_S

Our fans on 17:16 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Are EFL / Non League fan attendances up on average everywhere too? Is this fairly unique to QPR or are we just one boat in a rising tide?

I wonder if there has been some self reflection on behalf of some Premiership fans who have decide decided that that circus doesn’t give them what they want anymore.
[Post edited 7 May 17:24]

It’s a guess, baz, regarding older fans that now come to Rangers as opposed to elsewhere. The young ‘uns coming through are partly there for the buzz which has been mainly fantastic after the Cifuentes appointment, but many of them are Rangers, and there’s room for more. Long may it continue. Can’t agree enough what standing in the lower Loft has done for our club. I hope it does creep across, and whilst on the subject - keep the lower School end ours too. Stuff ‘em; it’s our club and if we keep shifting the tickets, they should be ours.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Our fans on 18:08 - May 7 with 1199 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Our fans on 17:53 - May 7 by Mick_S

It’s a guess, baz, regarding older fans that now come to Rangers as opposed to elsewhere. The young ‘uns coming through are partly there for the buzz which has been mainly fantastic after the Cifuentes appointment, but many of them are Rangers, and there’s room for more. Long may it continue. Can’t agree enough what standing in the lower Loft has done for our club. I hope it does creep across, and whilst on the subject - keep the lower School end ours too. Stuff ‘em; it’s our club and if we keep shifting the tickets, they should be ours.

Yeah I didn’t even consider standing or the Loft Flags.

That will certainly have helped!
Our fans on 22:14 - May 7 with 1069 viewsLanhoop

Just seen this… average attendence as a percentage of capacity.

Our fans on 22:50 - May 7 with 1015 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Our fans on 22:14 - May 7 by Lanhoop

Just seen this… average attendence as a percentage of capacity.

Fcking Rotherham by the way.

They make them different up there.
Our fans on 15:18 - May 8 with 764 viewsBeejnewark

Our fans on 22:50 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Nowt much else to do in Rotherham, to be fair
Our fans on 16:50 - May 8 with 663 viewsLanhoop

Our fans on 22:50 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Their 12,000 capacity means that for 88.8% they need 10,760 to turn up. Assume 1000 away fans and that's down to 9,760 masochists.
Our fans on 18:35 - May 8 with 566 viewsSuperhoops2808

For me, the home support has been superb, but the people who really deserve a pat on the back is the many away supporters (of which I know you are one Dave) that have travelled miles around the country all whilst the team was playing properly sh1t

So for me they are the real heroes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024