Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Rosenior 13:57 - May 7 with 7787 viewsaston_hoop

Sacked as Hull City boss according to reports. Fair or not?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Liam Rosenior on 13:59 - May 7 with 3844 viewsLongsufferingR

Well I have to say I could never understand the adulation. He had mixed results having spent a lot of money on players who could (or have) play in the PL.
Liam Rosenior on 14:13 - May 7 with 3697 viewsJuzzie

Football is no longer a sport, an entertainment. It's a 'results business'. They spent a lot of money and I'd imagine the target was top 6.

No top 6..... bye-bye Manager.

I thinks it's harsh but that's how it is these days.
Liam Rosenior on 14:20 - May 7 with 3644 viewsNed_Kennedys

Spent big on transfers and loan signings but didn’t reach play offs and out in earliest rounds in both cups: not a successful season really.
Signed a new 3 year contract in December though so would get a nice big payoff if they did sack him 5 months later.
Liam Rosenior on 14:21 - May 7 with 3640 viewsNorthernr

Spent a lot of money and didn't go up, and as Derby, Sheff Wed etc showed you can't keep spending a lot of money and not getting promoted, particularly once the Lewis-Potter fee rolls out of their three year cycle.
Liam Rosenior on 14:22 - May 7 with 3624 viewsE17hoop

Mick Beale is warming up the laptop and updating the PowerPoint as we speak.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Liam Rosenior on 14:24 - May 7 with 3603 viewsNed_Kennedys

Liam Rosenior on 14:22 - May 7 by E17hoop

Mick Beale is warming up the laptop and updating the PowerPoint as we speak.

Steve Bruce and Big Sam ready and waiting……
Liam Rosenior on 14:25 - May 7 with 3589 viewsconnell10

Can't stand the sour faced git , so I'm pretty happy if true.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Liam Rosenior on 14:26 - May 7 with 3577 viewsHunterhoop

Liam Rosenior on 14:21 - May 7 by Northernr

Spent a lot of money and didn't go up, and as Derby, Sheff Wed etc showed you can't keep spending a lot of money and not getting promoted, particularly once the Lewis-Potter fee rolls out of their three year cycle.

Middlesbrough, Stoke, and obviously West Brom must be entering that scenario now. Cardiff should also be fcuked financially now, shouldn’t they. No idea where they keep finding spending money from.
Login to get fewer ads

Liam Rosenior on 14:32 - May 7 with 3494 viewsLblock

If true I'd imagine he'll be a candidate for the Brum job?

They appointed Rooney so maybe they'll actually go for the fella who pulled the levers and pressed the buttons for that fat puppet????

I think he's alright

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Liam Rosenior on 14:38 - May 7 with 3456 viewsdm97

Pretty simple equation - spend a hell of a lot (especially on dead weight expensive loans) + no promo = sack. See, albeit a lesser scale, QPR 21/22.

Brum is a good shout. Sort of manager who would be crap on a shoe string, good when they have the right tools (ergo a wad of cash). Bit of a Russell “play b is do plan a better” Martin type.

Thankful for our mixed style Marti!
[Post edited 7 May 14:39]
Liam Rosenior on 14:42 - May 7 with 3411 viewsloftboy

Strange decision IMHO, was t he being put forward as manger of the year a couple of months ago?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Liam Rosenior on 14:42 - May 7 with 3408 viewsbosh67

They took us to pieces so how bad must he be? Football is mad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Liam Rosenior on 14:47 - May 7 with 3371 viewsTomMorgz7

Yet apparently did well enough to be shortlisted for manager of the season...?
Liam Rosenior on 14:48 - May 7 with 3360 viewsBostonR

How long do we wait before Rohl and Marti are mentioned as their preferred targets?
Liam Rosenior on 14:52 - May 7 with 3314 viewsNorthernr

Liam Rosenior on 14:48 - May 7 by BostonR

How long do we wait before Rohl and Marti are mentioned as their preferred targets?

Yeh just saying on the group chat, every club like that sacking their manager this summer is going to terrify me.

I'm clinging to the fact people seem to be talking about Rohl more than Cifuentes, and I think Hull might go big name and foreign this time and chuck an absolute packet at it next season.

Be nice if Sunderland could get that Still deal over the line.
Liam Rosenior on 15:06 - May 7 with 3224 viewsaston_hoop

A part of me thinks they'll go for the Cardiff manager just because he's Turkish and done a season in the Championship. Hull job could be a hiding to nothing, they'll lose their only defender in Jacob Greaves this summer for free, the loans go, Philogene has a buy-back at Villa which they may fancy with a Champions League campaign ahead so lots of extra games.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Liam Rosenior on 15:09 - May 7 with 3195 viewsdm97

Rohl is probably a “hotter” appointment right now, and this Hull ownership look like they want to be seen, heard and the rest so wouldn’t be surprised if they test Chansiri’s mettle/Rohl’s ambition.

Definitely not rationalising to avoid worrying they come for Marti.

Edit: Rohl already lives up there…
[Post edited 7 May 15:09]
Liam Rosenior on 15:37 - May 7 with 3030 viewsAntti_Heinola

Liam Rosenior on 14:52 - May 7 by Northernr

Yeh just saying on the group chat, every club like that sacking their manager this summer is going to terrify me.

I'm clinging to the fact people seem to be talking about Rohl more than Cifuentes, and I think Hull might go big name and foreign this time and chuck an absolute packet at it next season.

I can't see Marti going to another Champ club unless it's like a sort of Southampton or Leeds type scenario.
Gulp.

Bare bones.

Liam Rosenior on 15:39 - May 7 with 3020 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Liam Rosenior on 14:52 - May 7 by Northernr

If I was an owner of a club wanting promotion / playoff right now I wouldn’t be looking at Marti or Rohl.

Not because they aren’t talented or haven’t pulled off the miraculous, but because they’re are better (and cheaper I assume) managers that can turn a top 12 club into a top 6 one.

I’d be more worried about losing Marti to a sensible club looking to rebuild themselves in a sustainable way over a long term. The way West Brom, Norwich, Burnley, or Southampton used to be.
Liam Rosenior on 16:07 - May 7 with 2826 viewskensalriser

I don't think there's any question that it looks as though Rohl did a better job than Marti. They really did look absolutely fcked when he took over and he had a nutcase owner to contend with too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Liam Rosenior on 16:20 - May 7 with 2736 viewsdaveB

not surprised but think Rosenior is a good manager, they did spend a fair bit but 7th isn't awful for them and could have built on it next year.
Liam Rosenior on 16:24 - May 7 with 2707 viewsfraserc

Liam Rosenior on 16:07 - May 7 by kensalriser

I don't think there's any question that it looks as though Rohl did a better job than Marti. They really did look absolutely fcked when he took over and he had a nutcase owner to contend with too.

Benjamin Bloom did his championship manager ratings video, and Marti came in third behind Ruhl, even though Marti has a higher PPG. I think that is mostly down to Sheff Wednesday being even more of a basket case than we were at the beginning of the season.
Liam Rosenior on 16:25 - May 7 with 2698 viewsWatford_Ranger

Liam Rosenior on 14:48 - May 7 by BostonR

Conversely if Cifuentes goes then we could do worse than Rosenior.
Liam Rosenior on 16:39 - May 7 with 2631 viewsBostonR

Liam Rosenior on 16:25 - May 7 by Watford_Ranger

Conversely if Cifuentes goes then we could do worse than Rosenior.

He seems a solid coach but he had some excellent players to select from. Marti just seems to have that Sexton/Venables touch about himself.
He’s intelligent,a genuine change agent and has real belief in his way of doing things. It’s obvious how good he is when you look at what he achieved this season. So important that we persuade him to stay. Hopefully, Dunne’s contract extension is a sign of Marti telling the squad he’s hanging about.
Liam Rosenior on 16:55 - May 7 with 2535 viewsJimboqpr

Seems a bit stupid to extend his contract by 3 years in Dec, only to sack him 5 months later! He didn't miss out on playoffs by too much and probably deserved another summer to build on what they did in his first full season. I think Rosenior will do well somewhere given the chance though. He seems like a good coach who stays level headed and he's only in his late 30s still.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024