Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irish Cafu 15:53 - May 7 with 2948 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ain't going nowhere

Bare bones.

Irish Cafu on 16:01 - May 7 with 2852 viewsNed_Kennedys

The club’s one year extension has been triggered but you’d hope negotiations for a longer renewal are taking place as well.
Irish Cafu on 16:11 - May 7 with 2716 viewsSpanishranger

That is good news. Hope some other follow him - Chair, Cook, JCS, Colback, Fox and Hayden if he’s available.
Irish Cafu on 16:20 - May 7 with 2613 viewsA40Bosh

Great news!!!

We are going to have to accept, I guess, that unless Eze is sold early in the window by CP, which may change the financial landscape a little, then a balance is going to be needed between keeping some breathing room in the P&S position and keeping the band together for next season.

Will bigger clubs be ready to make a punt on JCS based on his staying fit for most of one season and come in for him - if so we do have learn learn when to cash in.

The ideal situation is that the coffers are not totally depleted and we keep who MC really wants and unfortunately offload others such as Ossie Kakay to free up the wage bill

Jimmy Dunne falls in to the really should keep, so this is a great piece of news going in to the summer

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Irish Cafu on 16:24 - May 7 with 2569 viewscolinallcars

It shows how much interest I have in football other than QPR - I had to google Cafu.
Irish Cafu on 16:45 - May 7 with 2423 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great news
Irish Cafu on 16:50 - May 7 with 2390 viewsStevenageRanger

It was always going to happen with an option. As mentioned, would be good to get tied down to a further year (or two) on top of that. It may be happening.

Who else do we have with a contract up (apart from Willock) that we done have any option on.
Irish Cafu on 17:01 - May 7 with 2338 viewsderbyhoop

Good move.
It would have been even better if it had been a new 2 or 3vyear deal.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Irish Cafu on 17:06 - May 7 with 2298 viewsAntti_Heinola

Irish Cafu on 16:11 - May 7 by Spanishranger

That is good news. Hope some other follow him - Chair, Cook, JCS, Colback, Fox and Hayden if he’s available.

Well, Cook, Colback and Fox all have a year to run. I think that's enough for them for now. JCS has 2 years left.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Irish Cafu on 17:08 - May 7 with 2279 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Jimmy Dunne appreciation society is a very recent formation! Some thread searching will attest to that.

Well done JD.
Irish Cafu on 17:18 - May 7 with 2210 viewsNed_Kennedys

Irish Cafu on 17:08 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

The Jimmy Dunne appreciation society is a very recent formation! Some thread searching will attest to that.

Well done JD.

That’s a positive take on his new contract……
Irish Cafu on 17:39 - May 7 with 2102 viewsaston_hoop

Are we doing released/retained one player per day? I reckon it'll be Joe Walsh getting an extension tomorrow

Good news though, his re-invention under MC has been very welcome

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Irish Cafu on 17:50 - May 7 with 2038 viewsessextaxiboy

Irish Cafu on 17:39 - May 7 by aston_hoop

Are we doing released/retained one player per day? I reckon it'll be Joe Walsh getting an extension tomorrow

Good news though, his re-invention under MC has been very welcome

One for the departure lounge tomorrow I think ...Dozzell or Drewe
[Post edited 7 May 17:50]
Irish Cafu on 17:52 - May 7 with 2018 viewsAntti_Heinola

Irish Cafu on 16:24 - May 7 by colinallcars

It shows how much interest I have in football other than QPR - I had to google Cafu.

This physically hurts me.

Bare bones.

Irish Cafu on 18:58 - May 7 with 1782 viewsbosh67

Really good news. Hopefully he may then sign a proper extension for a few more years.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Irish Cafu on 00:41 - May 8 with 1383 viewsDannyPaddox

Jimmy Dunne, Jimmy Dunne. Jimmy Jimmy!
Irish Cafu on 01:18 - May 8 with 1324 viewsBoston

My airline pilot mate tells me it has the most difficult runway to land on in Europe.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Irish Cafu on 01:21 - May 8 with 1324 viewsfraserc

Hopefully you didn't get the Rotherham midfielder who has just been released. As has Grant Hall!
Irish Cafu on 01:42 - May 8 with 1305 viewssimmo

Triggering his extension makes sense for all involved and is thoroughly well deserved for Jimmy, who was crucial in the run in.

It would have been interesting to see if he was extended regardless of the 1 year option though, and it also makes me curious as to who is ultimately making these contract decisions on players. Jimmy for example is not really the Marti style player he would want for his ideal system, as great a job he did at RB solving a few problems at once. But the club may prioritise other aspects of his game/personality/future value.... With no DoF but clearly a similar system in place, the retained list and future signings will be really interesting.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Irish Cafu on 02:39 - May 8 with 1259 viewsSydneyRs

Have heard that Cafu is currently actively encouraging people to refer to him as the Brazilian Jimmy Dunne.
Irish Cafu on 09:00 - May 8 with 886 viewsrobith

Irish Cafu on 17:06 - May 7 by Antti_Heinola

Well, Cook, Colback and Fox all have a year to run. I think that's enough for them for now. JCS has 2 years left.

No, Antti. We must be doling out contracts non stop, until I no longer like the player at which point the club are fools for not insisting they play for free
Irish Cafu on 10:02 - May 8 with 722 viewshook_hoops

Irish Cafu on 00:41 - May 8 by DannyPaddox

Jimmy Dunne, Jimmy Dunne. Jimmy Jimmy!

Yes, this would be a great ditty for JD. We need a little catchy song for all our favourite players, I'm sure it would make them feel more "connected" with the fans.
Irish Cafu on 10:49 - May 8 with 613 viewsrichpr

The turning point for our season after MC took over was losing at Stoke where we played 5 5ft0 players and lost out to a poor team that scored yet again from a set piece. MC brought back Dunne at full back to bolster our height in defence and it turned out to be masterstroke. We didn't really look back after that with Dunne, Cook and JCS being pretty invincible defending set pieces and scoring from set pieces. Dunne has gone on improving ever since and he can clearly play on the deck as well. I feared he might be done for pace v Leeds but, instead, he was superb.

He is a must keep and deserves a new contract. He has become the R's Dan Burn and will be worth a few mill in the next few years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024