Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Sky Deal thread 13:02 - May 8 with 6645 viewsHayesender

Just been sent this in a text.

BREAKING: Sky Sports will show EVERY match on the opening weekend of the 24/25 EFL season, as part of a deal to broadcast more than 1,000 games during the campaign.

The traditional 3pm blackout rules will not apply for the first match-day.

WELL THEN! 👀👀👀

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Opening day of the season on 12:49 - May 9 with 757 viewsfrancisbowles

Opening day of the season on 11:02 - May 9 by Northernr

Interesting to see what happens with QPR+ internationally because atm when we have a live Sky game it can only operate in "EFL dark markets" i.e. places where they haven't sold the rights to a broadcaster i.e. Vanuatu. For somebody like Oslo above that would mean a QPR+ subscription would be missing "at least 20 games" because Sky have guaranteed to show at least that many QPR matches.

Just guesswork at present, but most other countries will probably only show one match, so as long as it isn't us, I would imagine, the other games should still be available on QPR+ internationally.
Opening day of the season on 08:47 - May 10 with 498 viewsbaz_qpr

I don't go to away games (I'd end up being divorced) but I do now watch every away game and I pay for it (thank the lord for VPN)

In principle I dont have issue with Sky showing more games or showing games on a Saturday. I do however have a big issue with 12:30 games. I see no reason anymore not to offer these games at 3pm. I don't believe it would affect attendances, going to a "live game" being in the ground is a different experience, watching football on TV is like watching a gig on TV, its ok but its not the same. I think the two can coincide.

But 12:30 Saturday, 5pm Saturday, 12:30 Sunday I hate these kick off times, they are awkward, they infringe on kids sport times, they also usually produce crap games and crap atmospheres
New Sky Deal thread on 10:22 - May 10 with 409 viewsTheChef

Well - let's see how average attendances look come the end of next season...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024