Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR New Deals 17:48 - May 8 with 7879 viewsfraserc

Looks like Dixon-Bonner and Joe Walsh are in line for new contracts according to WLS:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-tips-dixon-bonner-for-bright-futur

Looks like they did enough at Coventry if that was Marti getting a look at them before the season ended.
QPR New Deals on 13:50 - May 9 with 3004 viewsAndybrat

QPR New Deals on 08:41 - May 9 by Northernr

I've been surprised he wasn't used more. Impressed when used early in Cifuentes time here and seems like much more his sort of midfielder than some of the others we've got. Perhaps prioritised experience and physicality in a relegation battle.

Got skill and speed so could replace a certain Mr Willock? Jimmy Dunne at RB anything is possible
QPR New Deals on 14:06 - May 9 with 2906 viewsmart_Goblin

Based on nothing but gut feeling and reading between the lines but it seems Olise is the main source of interest over Eze at the moment. I think the bigger bids will come in for Olise and I can’t see Palace selling both .
Only my opinion of course but I’ve heard the club are waiting for this to happen to help with incomings/wages etc . I suspect it might be a longer wait than we might have hoped.
QPR New Deals on 14:53 - May 9 with 2741 viewsrobith

QPR New Deals on 13:41 - May 9 by Stainrod

The reason Dykes takes so few shots is because he lacks all positional sense so for a centre forward never attacks the near post or follows up a shot. A predator gets so many “cheap” goals that way.

But I fear some fans are being way too optimistic thinking we can “get rid” - who on earth would buy?

We have three - possibly four - strikers under contract. This could significantly reduce the chance of landing a striker (other than possibly a loan) for yet another season.

Our search for a striker continues…

I'm usually of the crew who'd be saying it's not FIFA and you can't just flog players without a buyer - BUT - Dykes will come up in a lot of analytics that his Scotland numbers are way better than ours and there's a the chance a manager will say "I can change him"
QPR New Deals on 15:07 - May 9 with 2676 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hopefully next season we will be able to mount a challenge without any loanees, unless their club is picking up the full tab. We DO have some decent players in the Dev squad and U18's and I would be much happier developing them, even if it is to sell, than a player improving at ours and making their parent club a good killing.

The grass is always greener.

QPR New Deals on 16:34 - May 9 with 2511 viewsNorthernr

QPR New Deals on 12:52 - May 9 by lassel

I suspect that he was just unfortunately the odd man out for Cifuentes’ pragmatism.

Obviously Hodge we had to take as it was a freebie but I’m sure Marti thought he could add to the squad but it quickly became clear that we *had* to ply 2x holding midfielders infront of the back 4 which left Hodge, EDB, Dykes, Andersen looking at the same slot behind the front man.

I worry he might find himself in the same position next season in a 4-3-3 also - I see him as possibly being able to play in the midfield 3, maybe false 9 in a fluid front 3? I’d be amazed (based on no info!) if West Ham aren’t ringing our phone off the hook though to take Callum Marshall for the season and I wouldn’t be surprised if Chelsea were looking at Marti as someone they’d trust with Leo Castledine for the season..

I dunno, I’m rambling I guess but while I like EDB I fear he might end up being a nearly man here

A snippet from the end of term reports to add to this.
Hayden and Colback have by far and away the best win percentages in the squad of the regular starters...
Hayden 46.67, Colback 42.857, Cook 41.667, JCS 39.394

EDB - 25%.
QPR New Deals on 16:45 - May 9 with 2456 viewsconnell10

Drew been let go.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

QPR New Deals on 17:15 - May 9 with 2347 viewsPunteR

QPR New Deals on 13:10 - May 9 by Padulas_Shampoo

I know this is all stating the bleeding obvious... But Dykes' return of 7 goals wasn't THAT bad considering how many shots he had - 60. Chair meanwhile led QPR with a whopping 115 shots, almost double that of Dykes and only scored one more goal.

Now part of that is playing time and another part of that is perhaps Dykes' reluctance to shoot / lack of confidence but ultimately Chair scored a goal with 6% of his shots whilst Dykes scored with 10% of his.

Taking away set pieces over the last few months of the season our most potent goal threat by some way were shots from around the edge of the box - almost exclusively from Chair. I'd like to think Marti will try to address that with pattern of play installations or whatever Nourry would call them in preseason.

When you compare our top goalscorers amongst the league's top goalscorers, Dykes does ok in terms of goals per shot conversion, he just takes nowhere near as many shots as an effective player. Meanwhile Chair is right up there in terms of shots but didn't score from many of them - relatively.

This has to change next year as you'd imagine this is completely unsustainable over another season. This year if you shut us down from set pieces and you shut down our edge of the box shots, you can chalk up a clean sheet with little outlay.

Anyway I found this marginally interesting so thought I'd share!

Another way of looking at it, is those shots could be converted to crosses/passes/assists if Dykes made decent runs into better areas perhaps.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR New Deals on 18:02 - May 9 with 2240 viewsStreathamRanger

QPR New Deals on 14:06 - May 9 by mart_Goblin

Based on nothing but gut feeling and reading between the lines but it seems Olise is the main source of interest over Eze at the moment. I think the bigger bids will come in for Olise and I can’t see Palace selling both .
Only my opinion of course but I’ve heard the club are waiting for this to happen to help with incomings/wages etc . I suspect it might be a longer wait than we might have hoped.

There does seem to be a bit more interest in Olise. They don't have to sell and some Palace fans tell me they're more likely to sell Guehi for 50-60 million as he's easier to replace. Lose Eze and or Olise and they're a completely different side. All depends on any release clauses in those new contracts they signed.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR New Deals on 18:18 - May 9 with 2200 viewsMatch82

QPR New Deals on 13:35 - May 9 by Hunterhoop

This is interesting, and my main conclusion is Chair should be scoring, especially when you look at comparable players in the league.

However, you’re missing the main point on Dykes. Why does he have so few shots?!

It’s because he doesn’t anticipate very well and get into positions from which he can shoot! It is not that he just turns down shots repeatedly. He doesn’t get himself into a position with the ball at his foot/head to have an effort. That’s because he doesn’t anticipate and read the game well.

That is exactly why we need to replace.

It’s like the old saying, a forward getting into good positions and missing is fine. They’ll get some luck and come good. You should be worried when they aren’t getting into the positions to score. That is Lyndon Dykes.

If anyone offers £1m or more, I’d accept and reinvest.

100% agree.

Dykes problem isn't conversion of shots to goals it's awareness and movement to get into a position to have those shots in the first place.
QPR New Deals on 09:21 - May 10 with 1801 viewsTheChef

QPR New Deals on 13:41 - May 9 by Stainrod

The reason Dykes takes so few shots is because he lacks all positional sense so for a centre forward never attacks the near post or follows up a shot. A predator gets so many “cheap” goals that way.

But I fear some fans are being way too optimistic thinking we can “get rid” - who on earth would buy?

We have three - possibly four - strikers under contract. This could significantly reduce the chance of landing a striker (other than possibly a loan) for yet another season.

Our search for a striker continues…

I still have some sympathy for Dykes because we don't play to his strengths and sling crosses in for him (Kakay the exception!) - it's hard to keep making the right runs when the likes of Chair and Willock keep checking back in rather then delivering the ball.

Can't fault his effort in his time with us but I think for his sake he needs to move on to a new club who might get the best out of him.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR New Deals on 09:26 - May 10 with 1792 viewsLazyFan

QPR New Deals on 16:34 - May 9 by Northernr

A snippet from the end of term reports to add to this.
Hayden and Colback have by far and away the best win percentages in the squad of the regular starters...
Hayden 46.67, Colback 42.857, Cook 41.667, JCS 39.394

EDB - 25%.

Great states but poor EDB got chucked in when things were tough so, context maybe different.

Can you tell us about Hodge?
I have missed some obvious news, was Hodge injured for the last few months and that's why he was not on the bench or something else? Was he sent back early.

He scored a goal, was on the sub's bench, started another, I think and then disappeared. I do notice that Hodge and Uncle are never in the same place at the same time. hmmmm

zzzzzzzzzz

QPR New Deals on 09:27 - May 10 with 1783 viewsbaz_qpr

QPR New Deals on 09:21 - May 10 by TheChef

I still have some sympathy for Dykes because we don't play to his strengths and sling crosses in for him (Kakay the exception!) - it's hard to keep making the right runs when the likes of Chair and Willock keep checking back in rather then delivering the ball.

Can't fault his effort in his time with us but I think for his sake he needs to move on to a new club who might get the best out of him.

If there is one thing you can guarantee it's that Dykes will 9 times out of 10 make the wrong run. I think its time for him to move on and hopefully he has a blinding euros
QPR New Deals on 09:33 - May 10 with 1764 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR New Deals on 09:27 - May 10 by baz_qpr

If there is one thing you can guarantee it's that Dykes will 9 times out of 10 make the wrong run. I think its time for him to move on and hopefully he has a blinding euros

Yeah it's a myth we don't cross it. We do, it's just that he's hardly ever there. Also, they often look up and see him hiding behind two defenders: I don't blame them for checking back half the time.
Interesting that a lot of his headed goals tend to come from crosses not across the face of the goal, or pulled back, but crossed diagonally from a position further back on the pitch (Swansea equaliser being a classic). His goal from the corner v Leeds was a very, very rare goal where he attacked the near post. The contrast to Charlie Austin there is enormous.

Bare bones.

QPR New Deals on 12:32 - May 12 with 1318 viewsNorthLondonR

Alfie Lloyd extension:

QPR New Deals on 00:21 - May 13 with 945 viewsDylanP

QPR New Deals on 10:17 - May 9 by cpgerber

we could get lucky and have 30m to spend if Eze, Chair and JCS moves all go through for the figures going around. Could do pretty decent squad revamp with that.

But personally I would like us to see some tweaks built around at least 5 or 6 we have now. A rip it up and start again approach always scares me.

Save some money for January to strengthen then if needed.

I suppose it all depends on what the club’s realistic target is for this season. A sensible approach imho would be to steady the ship, get us a safe mid table finish and then build from there.

Chair isn't moving on. Who would spend decent money on a player that has a conviction hanging over his head? He is also more limited than we adoring fans like to admit. He always cuts back to that sweet right foot, which makes him predictable, and so, in spite of his buckets of talent, he only really shines when teams underestimate him.

Also, to be honest, Willock isn't going to be picked up on some big money transfer either. I hate to say that, as on his day Willock is such a joy. But he just hasn't been good enough. For us as fans who watch every game, we see the good that Willock brings to the table and overlook the rest. But if you are an outsider, all you see are hours and hours of tape of Willock doing absolutely nothing. Nobody is going to be putting down real money for a player who only puts in effort for 15 minutes a game
[Post edited 13 May 0:36]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

QPR New Deals on 00:32 - May 13 with 922 viewsDylanP

QPR New Deals on 13:10 - May 9 by Padulas_Shampoo

I know this is all stating the bleeding obvious... But Dykes' return of 7 goals wasn't THAT bad considering how many shots he had - 60. Chair meanwhile led QPR with a whopping 115 shots, almost double that of Dykes and only scored one more goal.

Now part of that is playing time and another part of that is perhaps Dykes' reluctance to shoot / lack of confidence but ultimately Chair scored a goal with 6% of his shots whilst Dykes scored with 10% of his.

Taking away set pieces over the last few months of the season our most potent goal threat by some way were shots from around the edge of the box - almost exclusively from Chair. I'd like to think Marti will try to address that with pattern of play installations or whatever Nourry would call them in preseason.

When you compare our top goalscorers amongst the league's top goalscorers, Dykes does ok in terms of goals per shot conversion, he just takes nowhere near as many shots as an effective player. Meanwhile Chair is right up there in terms of shots but didn't score from many of them - relatively.

This has to change next year as you'd imagine this is completely unsustainable over another season. This year if you shut us down from set pieces and you shut down our edge of the box shots, you can chalk up a clean sheet with little outlay.

Anyway I found this marginally interesting so thought I'd share!

Completely disagree. Dykes return of 7 goals was diabolical. He didn't have many shots because he always hides from the ball. He runs around and huffs and puffs but he is never in a useful position, never cutting to the front post, never making a darting run to the penalty spot, never turning up at the back post just when he is needed. He is always hanging back, just outside the box hoping that nobody notices. Chair, on the other hand, always take the initiative, always take leadership, and that is why he has so many shots. Its fair to say we could probably do with a better return on all those shots but you can't fault the commitment or leadership that Chair shows. Also, lets not forget that Dykes is a striker and Chair is an attacking midfielder -- Dykes job is to score goals pure and simple, whereas Chair's job is to create goals either by scoring or setting them up. And, for that matter, one reason that we don't throw enough shots into the box, is that the outside men have learnt that nobody will be there to get on the end of the crosses, because Dykes will be hiding when the ball comes in
[Post edited 13 May 0:42]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

QPR New Deals on 01:03 - May 13 with 892 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

QPR New Deals on 09:21 - May 10 by TheChef

Never lose sight of the fact that Dykes was, is and doubtless always will be sh*t.
Releasing him on a free would be good business, let alone getting actual currency.

Phil_i_P

QPR New Deals on 06:32 - May 13 with 744 viewsdmm

QPR New Deals on 00:21 - May 13 by DylanP

Chair isn't moving on. Who would spend decent money on a player that has a conviction hanging over his head? He is also more limited than we adoring fans like to admit. He always cuts back to that sweet right foot, which makes him predictable, and so, in spite of his buckets of talent, he only really shines when teams underestimate him.

Also, to be honest, Willock isn't going to be picked up on some big money transfer either. I hate to say that, as on his day Willock is such a joy. But he just hasn't been good enough. For us as fans who watch every game, we see the good that Willock brings to the table and overlook the rest. But if you are an outsider, all you see are hours and hours of tape of Willock doing absolutely nothing. Nobody is going to be putting down real money for a player who only puts in effort for 15 minutes a game
[Post edited 13 May 0:36]

Willock is at the end of hos contract and will move on a free.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024