Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Kane 08:28 - May 9 with 2064 viewsstevec

Is there such a thing as a Jonah?

Think I read somewhere last time Bayern failed to win the Bundesliga he was on loan at Millwall.
Harry Kane on 09:13 - May 9 with 1936 viewsdaveB

He couldn't have done much more, scored 44 goals was brilliant last night then the manager got cocky changed the system and took him off with the game won and they messed it up.

They were also robbed at the end by an awful offside decision

I find the stick he gets on social media a bit sad, he's had/having a great career
[Post edited 9 May 9:15]
Harry Kane on 09:46 - May 9 with 1852 viewsstowmarketrange

Their first trophy less season since 2012.Munich twinned with Tottenham.
Harry Kane on 10:01 - May 9 with 1824 viewsKonk

This is his first season playing in a side that is expected to win trophies, so not sure how he can be considered a Jonah. It's not like he's spent his whole career at Real Madrid and playing for France or someone. Pretty sure he's have won something other than golden boots if his transfer to Man City had gone through.

England: only trophy ever won was in 1966
Tottenham: last trophy was the league cup in 2008 and before that the FA cup in 1991.

213 goals in 317 games for Tottenham (record goal scorer)
62 goals in 89 games for England (record goal scorer)
44 goals for Bayern in his debut season

You could argue that his goals have taken England and Tottenham closer to winning trophies than either side would normally expect to be (Semi and Final with England, League runners-up and CL finalists with Tottenham).

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Harry Kane on 10:34 - May 9 with 1744 viewsGaryBannister86

Harry Kane on 09:13 - May 9 by daveB

He couldn't have done much more, scored 44 goals was brilliant last night then the manager got cocky changed the system and took him off with the game won and they messed it up.

I find the stick he gets on social media a bit sad, he's had/having a great career

Me too. But it is the way of England, sadly.

All our great players - Rooney, Shearer, Beckham, etc - slagged off mercilessly.

They only get appreciated once they die / get ill.
Harry Kane on 10:54 - May 9 with 1666 viewsbosh67

Kane is hardly to blame for their lack of trophies this season. Without him they wouldn't have even got close.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Harry Kane on 12:19 - May 9 with 1475 viewsLblock

Hoping Harry picks up some silverware this summer and not just top scorer things either

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Harry Kane on 12:29 - May 9 with 1419 viewshoops_legend

People are so boring with this trophy less Harry Kane posts. He is achieving a lot more than 99% of other players so let’s not get on the best England striker of all time
Harry Kane on 12:45 - May 9 with 1358 viewsJuzzie

I don't get this social media fixation with him, it's getting really weird and like everyone is bullying in a kind of 'safety in numbers' way.

The guy has had a phenomenal season, banging in goals that we could only dream of and breaking records left, right and centre. He's not a midfielder, defender or goalkeeper and he's not responsible for players in those positions and not responsible for Bayern losing games.

This probably doesn't come as a surprise to anyone but one thing I've ascertained over the years during the rise of social media is how fkin' weird people are.

[Post edited 9 May 13:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Harry Kane on 15:37 - May 9 with 1143 viewsstevec

Harry Kane on 12:45 - May 9 by Juzzie

I don't get this social media fixation with him, it's getting really weird and like everyone is bullying in a kind of 'safety in numbers' way.

The guy has had a phenomenal season, banging in goals that we could only dream of and breaking records left, right and centre. He's not a midfielder, defender or goalkeeper and he's not responsible for players in those positions and not responsible for Bayern losing games.

This probably doesn't come as a surprise to anyone but one thing I've ascertained over the years during the rise of social media is how fkin' weird people are.

[Post edited 9 May 13:27]

To be honest, apart from this, I don’t do social media.

Got a Tottenham mate who I’ve been baiting for years on this and OSW (One Season Wonder) as I refer to him. Rattles him every time, despite the fact he’s clearly not a one season wonder, so can’t help meself.
Harry Kane on 16:36 - May 9 with 1051 viewsJuzzie

Harry Kane on 15:37 - May 9 by stevec

To be honest, apart from this, I don’t do social media.

Got a Tottenham mate who I’ve been baiting for years on this and OSW (One Season Wonder) as I refer to him. Rattles him every time, despite the fact he’s clearly not a one season wonder, so can’t help meself.

Same here. LFW and Facebook (which is really just endless boring pics of my kids as I have friends & family all over the place - I use it as an online scrapbook really) is all I do.
Cannot be @rsed with X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, tiktok, onlyfans (oh, whooops!) and so on.
Harry Kane on 17:56 - May 9 with 949 viewsJuzzie

Shades of World Cup 1970 when England were 2-0 up v Germany in the 1/4 final and Ramsey took off Bobby Charlton 2 mins after they pulled one back then took off Peters (another forward thinking player) and Germany scored their equaliser a minute later! We lost 3-2 (aet).

When will managers understand 'attack is the best form of defence'? By doing what they did they just invite pressure that probably wasn't there beforehand.
Harry Kane on 01:26 - May 10 with 734 viewsCLAREMAN1995

excellent post here Dave IMO.
Every country in football would be thrilled to have Harry Kane not just for his goals but his leadership and looks like a quality person.
Watched the last 15 minutes when BM were leading , saw Harry Kane getting pulled off and said to my daughter " stupid move this game could go to penalties and HK is one of the top PK takers in history ".
The next few minutes were pure madness with the mistake by Nuer and the go ahead goal for RM.
This was checked multiple times to make sure yet the Ref blew his whistle the second he saw the BY offside despite the regulations of letting the play go on .
It felt wrong and like a fix to be honest.
Pep took off Haaland and KDB against Madrid when that was pretty much a gaurntee to go to penalties also maybe he is just over thinking it
Harry Kane on 02:17 - May 10 with 718 viewsjtuck

Good call to liken stupid Kane substitution to 1970 England W Germany WC Q-final.

Also, vividly recall then Villa boss Stephen Gerrard pulling off Phillipe Coutinho who had been absolutely brilliant in title deciding game at Man City in 2022 just after he had put Villa 0-2 up on 69 minutes. His plan...doubtless backed by one Mick Beale.. to 'shut up shop' and 'hold on to what we've got' had me shouting at TV. Man City of course come back to get 4th title in 5 years.

LAranger

Harry Kane on 02:42 - May 10 with 704 viewsSydneyRs

Agree, the endless trophy jokes about him are so lazy and boring. The same idiots posting them will be desperate for him to help England to success in the summer.

Great player who stayed loyal to a club for many years, despite that club never being likely to win the top honours due to the billionaire domination of English football throughout his career. If that's something to be sneered at then I don't know what to say.

Leverkusen having the season of their lives this year is unfortunate for him, but I'm sure he'll win things with Bayern.
Harry Kane on 07:18 - May 10 with 588 viewsWatford_Ranger

Think it’s more a case of a great player let down by inept teammates. Expect similar will happen this summer due to a combination of the manager and the defence. Leverkusen had a ludicrous season that won’t be repeated so if he stays there another year or two he’ll win the league almost certainly.
Harry Kane on 07:55 - May 10 with 537 viewskingsburyR

Not sure how Kane can be blamed for Neur's brain fart in dropping a ball that was hit into his midriff. Shocking error but to take both their forwards off was an absolute howler.

I have no doubt BM will win the league next year. Unfortunately Leverkusen's performance this year will mean that the big boys are now circling and that team will be pulled to bits.

Kane will end up up with some silverware by the time he retires.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024