Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corners 15:56 - Nov 30 with 3127 viewsFerdy

Has anyone noticed how we never stick anyone in front of the keeper at corners. I have noticed on at least 3 or 4 occasions this season where this would have most likely resulted in a goal.

Even if it doesn't result in a goal directly it usually prevents the keeper from being able to come out and claim the ball cleanly. Someone like Mackie could pick up at least 4 or 5 goals a season by just standing there and waiting for bits and pieces.

This is by no means our biggest tactical problem but it really P!ssed me off when it happened again at Sunderland in the week.

Corners on 15:58 - Nov 30 with 3121 viewsWokingR

I hadn't noticed us put anyone in the box at all !
Corners on 16:06 - Nov 30 with 3111 viewsbosh67

Corners on 15:58 - Nov 30 by WokingR

I hadn't noticed us put anyone in the box at all !

This!

Against Southampton we defended every corner bar one with 11 men and they still scored. When we got corners we had 7 players outside the box, in case they broke away and scored, and they did.

Most of our corners for the last two seasons have been, and I use a technical word here, sh*t.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Corners on 17:15 - Nov 30 with 3077 viewsbaz_qpr

What has really annoyed me is that Granero and Adel have been coached out of whipping the ball in for this horrible floating corner and the short one.

When was the last time we scored from a corner?
Corners on 17:18 - Nov 30 with 3075 viewsbosh67

Corners on 17:15 - Nov 30 by baz_qpr

What has really annoyed me is that Granero and Adel have been coached out of whipping the ball in for this horrible floating corner and the short one.

I think from this image, it was during Agincourt.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Corners on 17:34 - Nov 30 with 3055 viewseastside_r

Corners on 17:15 - Nov 30 by baz_qpr

Cisse . Home against Stoke?

Also our last league win.
Corners on 19:30 - Nov 30 with 3023 viewsAgedR

It was a tactical ploy from Hughes. He refrained from putting anyone on the keeper, as he had given express instructions to a multitude of otherwise talented footballers, to, under no circumstances, beat the first man.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Corners on 19:35 - Nov 30 with 3017 viewsWestbourneR

Derry's header vs Liverpool was the only one that was intentional. Cisse's was a scramble of chance.

Our corners have been abysmal ever since we got promoted.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Corners on 19:35 - Nov 30 with 3016 viewsDylanP

Score from corners? We can't even get the ball over from the corner. When was the last time a corner beat the first ban at the front post? Also, if we are going to play corners to the front post, why aren't we putting someone at the front post to flick the ball on? Corners have been a complete waste of time this year. we have been completely terrible from them.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Login to get fewer ads

Corners on 19:38 - Nov 30 with 3015 viewsThaiHoop

Seems to me the best place we can stick a player on our corners is somewhere about half way between the kicker and the near post coz that's where most of the bloody things are going!
Corners on 19:39 - Nov 30 with 3013 viewsWatford_Ranger

Does the goal at United count as scoring from a corner?

I'm being pedantic though- every corner Taarabt tried to cross in was abysmal. The one that beat the first man ended up being cleared off the line. With Mbia, Nelsen and Hill attacking the ball we should be making far more of set pieces in general.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024