Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'67 shirt 22:57 - Dec 4 with 3118 viewspompeyhoop

Why did we wear a plain white shirt with no emblem?

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

'67 shirt on 13:58 - Dec 5 with 3026 viewsW7Ranger

I asked this before but I'll be farked if I can remember what the answer was!!

'67 shirt on 14:03 - Dec 5 with 2991 viewssmegma

Were the shirts ordered from Lotto and turned up about 6 months later ?
'67 shirt on 14:04 - Dec 5 with 2990 viewskingo

Both teams changed their complete kits, I think it was to do with it being televised.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

'67 shirt on 14:44 - Dec 5 with 2943 viewsKevinPR

'67 shirt on 14:03 - Dec 5 by smegma

Were the shirts ordered from Lotto and turned up about 6 months later ?

Unlikely. If that were the case the shirt the would be plastered with emblems.
'67 shirt on 14:44 - Dec 5 with 2941 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Laundry day. Happens to us all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

'67 shirt on 15:28 - Dec 5 with 2890 viewsbosh67

The emblems hadn't been agreed positioning wise and gaffer tape hadn't been invented.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

'67 shirt on 15:29 - Dec 5 with 2890 viewsJim

'67 shirt on 14:04 - Dec 5 by kingo

Both teams changed their complete kits, I think it was to do with it being televised.

Wasn't televised live - there was a full programme of league matches that day including Chels*** v Foolham which finished 0-0.

First League Cup final at Wembley with previous finalists including the might of Rotherham and Rochdale.

Two years after us Swindon won it.
'67 shirt on 15:33 - Dec 5 with 2876 viewsNoDiddley

Didn't think our shirts had a badge in 67,also as we were blue & white hoops & they were blue & white stripes it must have been an easy alternative. By the way they played in all Red not blue as people think.
Login to get fewer ads

'67 shirt on 15:54 - Dec 5 with 2841 viewsHollowayRanger

werent they new shirts which they washed only for the blue hoops to come off in the wash!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

'67 shirt on 16:53 - Dec 5 with 2800 viewsRangersw12

'67 shirt on 15:29 - Dec 5 by Jim

Wasn't televised live - there was a full programme of league matches that day including Chels*** v Foolham which finished 0-0.

First League Cup final at Wembley with previous finalists including the might of Rotherham and Rochdale.

You really are an irritating c*nt

Get a life you plum and go on your own board
'67 shirt on 17:01 - Dec 5 with 2783 viewsQPRDave

Can i ask a question along the same sort of lines, why did Rangers & Spurs both change strips for the FA cup final in 82?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
'67 shirt on 17:03 - Dec 5 with 2778 viewsStanisgod

'67 shirt on 15:29 - Dec 5 by Jim

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

'67 shirt on 19:26 - Dec 5 with 2687 viewsLofthope

The original question, in part, asked why no emblems?

In those days it was not uncommon for top teams to have no club badges / emblems on their shirts. It just wouldn't have been an issue. Look at old pictures of ManUre in that era for example.

Not sure when the kit changes were agreed, but in that era getting a whole load of especially made kits would have been a bit of a hassle, so I suspect they just bought 'off the shelf' kits.
'67 shirt on 21:57 - Dec 5 with 2619 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

'67 shirt on 15:33 - Dec 5 by NoDiddley

Didn't think our shirts had a badge in 67,also as we were blue & white hoops & they were blue & white stripes it must have been an easy alternative. By the way they played in all Red not blue as people think.

It was as simple as we both changed kits on '67. We chose white they chose red with no badge as was the norm back then. Game was not shown live, merely featured with highlights later on BBC Match of the Day. In 82' both teams couldn't agree on kits so both changed but we did wear blue and white hooped track suit tops on the walk out for presentations.
'67 shirt on 22:11 - Dec 5 with 2589 viewsVancouverHoop

'67 shirt on 17:01 - Dec 5 by QPRDave

Can i ask a question along the same sort of lines, why did Rangers & Spurs both change strips for the FA cup final in 82?

I'm not sure when it was changed but for many years there was a rule – or maybe just a convention/tradition – that in an FA Cup tie when there was a colour clash both teams changed. It didn't matter whether it was the final or an earlier round.

Note the run of finalists from 1932—35 here:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/FA_Cup_Finals/1930-1939.
'67 shirt on 22:59 - Dec 5 with 2547 viewsGloryHunter

Why do teams change strips anyway? Eg why did Villa change last Saturday? The only clash was their usual white shorts, but they could have kept their home shirts and socks. This really annoys me.

I was at the '67 final, by the way. I never thought to question the strip change at the time - I assumed it was just a special change for Wembley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024