Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal music 21:25 - Feb 12 with 5671 viewshoopsa07

Not that we've heard it much this season but I'm constantly told that I should be embarrassed by the fact that QPR play goal music, other fans say that it kills the atmosphere or that it's only there to boost the "lack of noise". Doesn't bother me though I actually quite like it, I remember we sung it away at West ham and Wigan so I don't think I'm the only one but maybe that was more sarcastic?

Your thoughts...
Goal music on 21:33 - Feb 12 with 4747 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

whats worse is that shit europop they play at half time

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Goal music on 22:09 - Feb 12 with 4699 viewsMatch82

Better than at Palace.

When they score a goal the bloke comes on the mic to announce the goalscorer, then the crowd yell it back at him
Bloke on mic: "The goalscorer for Palace, Peter Ramage"
Bloke on mic: "Peter..."
Chavs: "Ramage!"

Cringeworthy
Goal music on 22:13 - Feb 12 with 4690 viewsNorthernr

Goal music on 22:09 - Feb 12 by Match82

Better than at Palace.

When they score a goal the bloke comes on the mic to announce the goalscorer, then the crowd yell it back at him
Bloke on mic: "The goalscorer for Palace, Peter Ramage"
Bloke on mic: "Peter..."
Chavs: "Ramage!"

Cringeworthy

That routine follows the playing of one piece of music, and is followed by a chorus of Glad All Over. Longing for the day a team kicks off and scores straight off while it's all going on.

I like our goal music.
Goal music on 22:18 - Feb 12 with 4674 viewsted_hendrix

Goal music?

Guffaw

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Goal music on 22:28 - Feb 12 with 4658 viewsMatch82

Goal music on 22:13 - Feb 12 by Northernr

That routine follows the playing of one piece of music, and is followed by a chorus of Glad All Over. Longing for the day a team kicks off and scores straight off while it's all going on.

I like our goal music.

I like it too. Although it was a bit embarassing at the playoff final when it was introduced as our "club anthem"

Bloke looked incredulous when he said "here are the words: duh duh duh duh hoops"
Goal music on 10:06 - Feb 13 with 4574 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Goal music on 22:28 - Feb 12 by Match82

I like it too. Although it was a bit embarassing at the playoff final when it was introduced as our "club anthem"

Bloke looked incredulous when he said "here are the words: duh duh duh duh hoops"

Martin Samuels did a very good piece on that moment. Very funny, reading it made my cry at the time.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Goal music on 10:13 - Feb 13 with 4564 viewstoboboly

Goal music on 10:06 - Feb 13 by Metallica_Hoop

Martin Samuels did a very good piece on that moment. Very funny, reading it made my cry at the time.

I got sick of the Swansea goal music at the weekend.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Goal music on 10:13 - Feb 13 with 4563 viewsKonk

Goal music is absolutely terrible. The best sound in football is the roar that follows a goal (not quite as enjoyable when it's you conceding, mind). It just encourages people to stand there grinning like simpletons whilst they clap along and move their feet about a bit. Fuc k that - you've just scored - go mental. Right up there with cheerleaders at English grounds, small children slowly waving tatty flags as the players run out, those diabolically sh it lanky inflatable things that billow about with gas blowing inside them and half-ar sed pyrotechnics to great the teams as they run onto the pitch for the FA Trophy final in a 3/4 empty stadium. Sack the lot of it off and let the crowd generate the atmosphere. Say fu ck right off to modern football.

PS. Glad all over is the worst club anthem ever.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Goal music on 10:19 - Feb 13 with 4549 viewsQPR1882

Whats a goal ?
Goal music on 10:25 - Feb 13 with 4539 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Found it on a forum.

" http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3578590.ece

Cardiff City rekindle love affair with English
Martin Samuel

In the 2002-03 season the club reached the second division promotion play-offs final, against Queens Park Rangers at the Millennium Stadium. It is the standard that these showpiece occasions are preceded by the National Anthem. “A traditional part of the pre-match build-up to finals,” was how John Nagle, the Football League spokesman, described it until his bosses scrapped it when Cardiff fans claimed to be affronted by the prospect of God Save the Queen being sung at an English league event.

The request was that it should be complemented by the Welsh National Anthem, Land of My Fathers, and when the Football League refused on the ground that God Save the Queen is the United Kingdom’s National Anthem and not only England’s – and therefore is applicable to all – it was warned that Land of My Fathers would be sung either way, over the anthem if necessary. Which, as the final was taking place in Cardiff, was no idle threat. Rhodri Morgan, the First Minister of the Welsh Assembly, got involved and, seeking a quiet life, the League abandoned the idea of anthems in favour of club songs.

Cardiff chose Men of Harlech, a rousing military march with hugely patriotic connotations. QPR went for Papa’s Got a Brand New Pigbag, a lively instrumental celebrating peg trousers, daft haircuts and the hybrid post-punk jazz scene, the playing of which has had little effect on nationalistic sentiments anywhere since 1981. So Cardiff sang: “March ye men of Harlech bold, Unfurl your banners in the field, Be brave as were your sires of old, And never let them yield.” And QPR went: “Toot, tootle-ty toot. Tootle-ty toot toot.”

To the surprise of few, Cardiff won promotion. "

Goal music on 10:30 - Feb 13 with 4523 viewsballbag

It's extremely embarrassing when it comes on and then our goal is disallowed.
Goal music on 13:24 - Feb 13 with 4452 viewsrrrspricey

I like it, I even have it as a ringtone but think it's a bit gay to have any goal music tbh
Goal music on 14:06 - Feb 13 with 4428 viewsMonahoop

Surely that Norwich goal tune has to be one of the worst. Actually I think it is the worst. Seems to go on for ages.

The best after goal tune I heard was at Hayes many years ago. When they scored the theme tune to 633 Sqd piped up. Nobody sung to it, but it sounded impressive. The tune also came on as the team ran onto the field before the game.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Goal music on 14:10 - Feb 13 with 4419 viewsraskolnikov

Always hated it - hate it hate it hate it hate it - embarassing, childish, wish to god they would stop it

Albeit this year it hasn't been too much of a problem
Goal music on 14:26 - Feb 13 with 4404 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Anything but this, god I hate this song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crush_'Em

Goal music on 16:21 - Feb 13 with 4370 viewsToast_R

Yeah PigBag has run its course.

Bad dance tune from the mid nineties wasn't it?

Goal music on 16:48 - Feb 13 with 4343 viewsHanwellHoop

Goal music on 16:21 - Feb 13 by Toast_R

Yeah PigBag has run its course.

Bad dance tune from the mid nineties wasn't it?

Came out in the 80's and is really quite good.

Was remixed in the 90's by some Europoppers - as was everthing.
Goal music on 17:07 - Feb 13 with 4324 viewsMoonshineSteve

If we have to have it, Pigbag is as good as any. My kids love singing to it when we score. I seem to recall.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Goal music on 17:49 - Feb 13 with 4291 viewsrsonist

Pigbag is getting pretty dated now (when did we start playing it anyway?) but my inner Joey Barton is oddly proud to have a decidedly weird 1983 post-punk-funk tune for a club anthem... it feels London-y for some reason.

Maybe it's time to replace it with some 23 Skidoo or ESG or Quango Quango...

Otherwise agree that goal music at other clubs is generally hideously forced and cringeworthy.
Goal music on 18:02 - Feb 13 with 4278 viewsWesty75

Any goal music is sh*t. I've got used to ours, but it's still sh*t. And yes that was well embarassing at the Millenium.

The half time music is f*cking awful. Quite like the AC/DC before the game though, not sure whose choice that is.
Goal music on 18:05 - Feb 13 with 4274 viewsjamois

If we're going to have goal music then we have to stick with what we've got forever or lose face. I also think that it comes on just a tad too soon after the goal. A few more seconds delay for me to remain in la la land would be better.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Goal music on 18:10 - Feb 13 with 4265 viewsLimehouseR

I used to like it when I was younger.
But now I'm an adult I find it moderately embarrassing. I want it ditched for nothing, we should be able to generate enough noise and get a fitting chant between us going.
But I understand why many like it.
Goal music on 18:17 - Feb 13 with 4252 viewsngbqpr

Goal music on 17:49 - Feb 13 by rsonist

Pigbag is getting pretty dated now (when did we start playing it anyway?) but my inner Joey Barton is oddly proud to have a decidedly weird 1983 post-punk-funk tune for a club anthem... it feels London-y for some reason.

Otherwise agree that goal music at other clubs is generally hideously forced and cringeworthy.

+1

As a rule I'm anti goal music, but Pigbag at the time was a very cool track and I agree, reflects on us well as a club - especially as we've used it for years and stuck with it (and were never tempted to use the odious 90s remake by celebrity dj tw@t and Chelsea fan Paul Oakenfold like Boro)

Stick with it, it's been part of what we are for so long now it's almost 'retro goal music'

For those who've only ever heard 30 seconds - check this out - it sums up a brief but exciting mid 80s post-new romantic / pre-house & hip hop club scene very well:

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Goal music on 18:20 - Feb 13 with 4249 viewsngbqpr

Oh and for all you old breakers out there - anyone else remember Paul 'n-n-n-nineteen' Hardcastle's Bambaataa-style remake / remix?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Goal music on 18:25 - Feb 13 with 4246 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Goal music on 17:49 - Feb 13 by rsonist

If memory serves me correctly we started singing it aroud the 94/95 season (presumably when the remix came out). I seem to recall singing it around the time that Magic Hat started so that places it in early 95. I don't think it became 'goal music' played by the club for a few seasons afterwards - late 90s?

The song (tune?) I'd like to see come back is the Steptoe and Son theme tune - was a bit on an anthem at away games in the late 90s I think but then died a death. Only time it seems to get a trot out is when I stick my Songs of QPR cd on (well it's not actually a cd it's been loaded into my iTunes but you know what I mean... in fact when I did so it came up as Genre: Religious Music. How true.).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024