Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Television box studio thingy 11:44 - May 28 with 1497 viewshoopsa07

The one in the upper corner of elerslie rd next to the school end which we had to install when we got promoted because of sky. It completely blocks off about 300 seats so does anyone know if it's staying? It kills the attendance figures.
Television box studio thingy on 11:47 - May 28 with 1476 viewsVish

not sure its going to affect attendances that much next season to be honest.

Also, can't see it being removed either.
Television box studio thingy on 11:47 - May 28 with 1470 viewsJuzzie

It'll stay ready for 2014/2015 in the PL!

Serioulsy though, there's no point in removing it as we never sold out in the Championship last time around apart from the last home game.

Television box studio thingy on 11:48 - May 28 with 1462 viewstoboboly

Television box studio thingy on 11:47 - May 28 by Juzzie

It'll stay ready for 2014/2015 in the PL!

Serioulsy though, there's no point in removing it as we never sold out in the Championship last time around apart from the last home game.

It is in a completely useless place though. They should have moved it a few feet into the School Upper, in the corner where almost no-one ever sits.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Television box studio thingy on 11:51 - May 28 with 1445 viewshoopsa07

Television box studio thingy on 11:48 - May 28 by toboboly

It is in a completely useless place though. They should have moved it a few feet into the School Upper, in the corner where almost no-one ever sits.

Agree with that we've always offered an overly generous % of the ground to away fans.
Television box studio thingy on 11:57 - May 28 with 1429 viewsbob566

I know we've done this to death but the whole stadium needs updating. if you were a neurtral fan brought to a hoops match i reckon you'd walk away with a non too pleasant experience.
Television box studio thingy on 12:05 - May 28 with 1400 viewsJuzzie

Television box studio thingy on 11:57 - May 28 by bob566

I know we've done this to death but the whole stadium needs updating. if you were a neurtral fan brought to a hoops match i reckon you'd walk away with a non too pleasant experience.

I came to this conclusion too after doing the stadium tour before the Newcastle game.

Loftus Road, as much as we love it, is past its use. It was great when completed in the early 80's but that's 30 years ago now and before the advent of the digital world and global TV and is completely out of date with 21st century needs.

However, there just isn't the infrastructure to upgrade. A new stadium is the only way forward.

Many clubs have had new stadiums built whilst not being in the PL. We do not need to be in the PL just to have a new stadium, though of course it would help!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Television box studio thingy on 12:31 - May 28 with 1336 viewsparker64

Television box studio thingy on 12:05 - May 28 by Juzzie

I came to this conclusion too after doing the stadium tour before the Newcastle game.

Loftus Road, as much as we love it, is past its use. It was great when completed in the early 80's but that's 30 years ago now and before the advent of the digital world and global TV and is completely out of date with 21st century needs.

However, there just isn't the infrastructure to upgrade. A new stadium is the only way forward.

Many clubs have had new stadiums built whilst not being in the PL. We do not need to be in the PL just to have a new stadium, though of course it would help!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Unfortunately, that's probably true. I had a tour round Athletico Bilbao's ground recently. A great rickety old ground with a fantastic history. The changing rooms hadn't changed in 60 odd years. The tour guide was so proud of the ground but said it had reached it's shelf life. Literally across the road, about 20 yards away they're in the middle of building a smart looking stadium.
Television box studio thingy on 13:15 - May 28 with 1274 viewstoboboly

It'll be roomier this season though. The we can all wonder why we need an extra 20,000 seats.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024