Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back 09:00 - Oct 2 with 7158 viewsJonDoeman

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/adel-taarabt-fulham-loic-remy-newcastle-unite

02/10/2013
By David McIntyre

Harry Redknapp says he has no intention of bringing Loic Remy or Adel Taarabt back to QPR.

The pair recently made season-long loan moves to Newcastle and Fulham respectively, with a view to their long-term futures being resolved next summer.

Taarabt made it clear he wanted to leave following Rangers’ relegation from the Premier League, while French striker Remy was signed from Marseille in January on the understanding that his stay at Loftus Road could well be a short one.

Redknapp has overhauled his squad.

Their loan moves have led to speculation that they could play for QPR again if the Championship favourites return to the top flight.

But neither are in Redknapp’s future plans.

The Rangers manager said: “Remy wanted to go to Newcastle, so good luck to him. I hope he does well.

“He’s not in my thoughts. I only want people who are here and want to be here, that’s all I’m concerned with.

“Taarabt and all those who’ve gone on loan, good luck to them. I hope they do well, stay where they are and get a contract there.”

It Is What It Is !!

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 14:20 - Oct 2 with 1128 viewshoops_legend

We have as a fanbase forgiven Barton for everything based on a few recent good performances.... Suddenly he is worldclass

We have also decided Taarabt can't cut it in the prem because he tailed off at the end of the season after missing that Norwich penalty.. Suddenly we don't want him at all and a lot of fans dislike him

This is the fickle nature of football...
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 14:29 - Oct 2 with 1103 viewsJuzzie

I'd be happy to have both back as long as they want to be here. When will Taarabt realise he's never going to place for Barca, R Madrid etc? Once he's come to terms with this and sorts his head out, he'd be a great player at the level he's good at and that's top of the Championship and maybe in the mid-PL if his head is right.
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 14:46 - Oct 2 with 1079 viewsFredManRave

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 10:53 - Oct 2 by daveB

You'd get to see the look on his face a lot as he'd be back here sharpish if Redknapp went to Fulham

I doubt it. He's not Pullis' type of player.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 14:49 - Oct 2 with 1069 viewsdaveB

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 13:46 - Oct 2 by jonno

Neither wanted to play for us in the Championship. At least Barton was prepared to.

Come on you know that's not true. We were his very last resort after no one came in for him, if he'd had the chance to go as Remy and others did then he'd have gone
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 15:04 - Oct 2 with 1050 viewsDylanP

what the fck is wrong with people? We are top of the league, undefeated, haven't conceded a goal in 7 games and people are still finding reasons to whine and complain. Can't you just enjoy the good times? Lord knows we have few enough of them at QPR. Things are bound to go south at somepoint in the season. Why not wait until then to complain?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 15:30 - Oct 2 with 1011 viewsJuzzie

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 15:04 - Oct 2 by DylanP

what the fck is wrong with people? We are top of the league, undefeated, haven't conceded a goal in 7 games and people are still finding reasons to whine and complain. Can't you just enjoy the good times? Lord knows we have few enough of them at QPR. Things are bound to go south at somepoint in the season. Why not wait until then to complain?

We're 2nd.

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 15:43 - Oct 2 with 987 viewsmakaveli1882

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 12:27 - Oct 2 by CroydonCaptJack

Has anyone said that???????

yes
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 16:00 - Oct 2 with 968 viewspomanjou

Course he wants them back; but only if they have value. Either value to the team or value on the transfer market. Harry is a very clever operator who can switch on a sixpence and is mentally able to be totally flexible. He is an ultimate in pragmatist.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Login to get fewer ads

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 16:08 - Oct 2 with 954 viewsWestbourneR

I reckon he's thrilled Taarabt is gone and thrilled he isn't performing. I have to say - seeing him lose the ball for Fulham and then trot back as the opposition scored really opened my eyes. His ability does not compensate for his attitude. He'll never make it to the top.

Remy however... I do kind of hope he will come back. And if we go up (and I think Newcastle could go down, they are dreadful) then I think Harry will have him back.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 16:45 - Oct 2 with 931 viewsPinnerPaul

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 10:45 - Oct 2 by Westy75

It'll all be rather academic if he gets banged up for rape.

Exactly West, not sure why most are ignoring this little stumbling block!
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 16:48 - Oct 2 with 923 viewsDylanP

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 15:30 - Oct 2 by Juzzie

We're 2nd.

Ahhhhh, that explains it. Thanks for setting me straight!!

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 17:29 - Oct 2 with 900 viewsQPRDave

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 12:07 - Oct 2 by makaveli1882

sorry just to confirm if we go up some people would be happy if we didn't get Remy back ????

even though he is far too good for us and the toon and should be playing in the champions league!!

Maybe thats the problem,... he thinks like you he's far too good for us.
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 17:30 - Oct 2 with 900 viewsjonno

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 14:49 - Oct 2 by daveB

Come on you know that's not true. We were his very last resort after no one came in for him, if he'd had the chance to go as Remy and others did then he'd have gone

Maybe - but he's certainly putting in the effort and not sulking. Not sure Taarabt would have done the same had he been in the same position. He would have just sulked, thrown toys out of the pram etc.
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 17:36 - Oct 2 with 894 viewsQPRDave

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 14:49 - Oct 2 by daveB

But he didn't and so has trained hard played well and made himself an integral part of the team, where as the 2 mentioned one couldn't be a*sed to train and the other thinks he's above and didn't take part in any pre-season games.
Now i liked Remy simply because he scored a few goals but if he doesn't want to be at this great club then fine go as far as i'm concerned...we've had better players than him before and we will again
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 17:38 - Oct 2 with 892 viewsRanger78

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 09:36 - Oct 2 by baz_qpr

Joey Barton spends that last year bad mouthing the club and saying how much he wants to go to Marseille, then Everton, then does not turn up to the first week of training. But is still welcomed back with open arms and despite all that has the day off to play golf up north when the team photo is done...

But triffic lad, played magnificently etc....

Take everything Redknapp says with a pinch of salt, circumstances and needs take over

+ 1
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 17:39 - Oct 2 with 890 viewsQPRDave

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 15:04 - Oct 2 by DylanP

Quite right Dylan....what has HR got to do to make some QPR fans happy?
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 17:45 - Oct 2 with 884 viewsdaveB

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 17:36 - Oct 2 by QPRDave

But he didn't and so has trained hard played well and made himself an integral part of the team, where as the 2 mentioned one couldn't be a*sed to train and the other thinks he's above and didn't take part in any pre-season games.
Now i liked Remy simply because he scored a few goals but if he doesn't want to be at this great club then fine go as far as i'm concerned...we've had better players than him before and we will again

As I said you can't fault him for his efforts so far this season but you can't slate Remy for wanting to leave and say it's ok for Barton to do the same. Barton was far more public about his desire to never return than any other player.

I'm not sure that's true that Remy and Taarabt refusing to train, from what I heard they were injured in pre season and after that they trained away from the first team as the club were trying to get them moves which is why they didn't play in pre season as Redknapp knew they were not hanging around.
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 18:37 - Oct 2 with 846 viewsrsonist

Taarabt is no surprise with his current form at Fulham but it's certainly a curious comment as regards Remy. If he wants to stay at Newcastle after we're promoted then by all means sell him for the right price. Otherwise I'm not sure what the insinuation is as it's the first anyone's heard (or seen) that Remy might have been a "troublemaker" - a player of his standard not wanting to play in the Championship during a World Cup year is hardly high treason (especially in comparison to the blessed Joey). Redknapp of all people should know how good a player Remy is, he spent 18 months chasing him after all.
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 19:40 - Oct 2 with 824 viewsdaveB

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 17:30 - Oct 2 by jonno

Maybe - but he's certainly putting in the effort and not sulking. Not sure Taarabt would have done the same had he been in the same position. He would have just sulked, thrown toys out of the pram etc.

Of course and as I said Barton has been very good this season, you can't complain about him, who knows what Taarabt would have done if he had stayed, i imagine you'd be right and he wouldn't have been happy but we'll never know
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 20:15 - Oct 2 with 806 viewsDylanP

Can I point out that this is mostly journalistic mischief by Dave Mac and his editor?

'arry didn't say he didn't want Remy or Adel back. to be precise, he said the following:

"The Rangers manager said: “Remy wanted to go to Newcastle, so good luck to him. I hope he does well.

“He’s not in my thoughts. I only want people who are here and want to be here, that’s all I’m concerned with.

“Taarabt and all those who’ve gone on loan, good luck to them. I hope they do well, stay where they are and get a contract there.”"

'arry says nothing negative at all and nothing about not wanting people back. He says, good luck to them and I hope they do well. Nothing negative in that. he says, I only want people who want to be here. Nothing negative there. Apart from the sht stirring headline (put there by a newspaper editor, where is the negative???

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 20:36 - Oct 2 with 790 viewsqueensparker

It looks to me like Harry's taken a deliberate stance to bomb out any French speaking players in the close season.

There was lots of talk about "cliques" and groups of players who "didn't fit in" last season, and since then we've waved goodbye to Adel, M'Bia and Remy, while Traore and Diakite have gone on the missing list. Meanwhile we've only really added Brits.

My theory is there was a real French / English split in the dressing room last season and it was a big problem. If you've ever tried to order a coffee in Paris you know what they're like.

(OK Assou-Ekotto slightly ruins this theory, but his English seems pretty good on Twitter)
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 20:41 - Oct 2 with 782 viewsBlackCrowe

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 20:36 - Oct 2 by queensparker

It looks to me like Harry's taken a deliberate stance to bomb out any French speaking players in the close season.

There was lots of talk about "cliques" and groups of players who "didn't fit in" last season, and since then we've waved goodbye to Adel, M'Bia and Remy, while Traore and Diakite have gone on the missing list. Meanwhile we've only really added Brits.

My theory is there was a real French / English split in the dressing room last season and it was a big problem. If you've ever tried to order a coffee in Paris you know what they're like.

(OK Assou-Ekotto slightly ruins this theory, but his English seems pretty good on Twitter)

I'm a fairly egalitarian sort - don't hold prejudices against race, creed or colour. Except the French. Not all of course but probably the majority.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 21:07 - Oct 2 with 760 viewsbaz_qpr

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 20:36 - Oct 2 by queensparker

He also bombed out Mackie and Derry IMHO for the same reason, however as I said in my previous post take every he says with a pinch of salt
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 21:13 - Oct 2 with 754 viewsrsonist

Doubt it. All HR's Premiership sides have been pretty cosmopolitan and he's not stupid enough to think team spirit comes from players just all being from the same countries. We may have had the wrong blend last season but that doesn't mean blending is wrong in itself. And we certainly wouldn't get very far in the Premiership with a team of Brits.
Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 21:19 - Oct 2 with 748 viewsrsonist

Harry does not want Remy or Taarabt back on 21:07 - Oct 2 by baz_qpr

He also bombed out Mackie and Derry IMHO for the same reason, however as I said in my previous post take every he says with a pinch of salt

TBH I think he let Mackie and Derry go simply because they weren't good enough. But them plus Hill, Green, Barton were certainly thick as thieves and you could argue that even a "good" clique is still a clique.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024