Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Children In Need 20:14 - Nov 14 with 1727 viewsNoDiddley

I've got every sympathy for every parent that has or has had a sick kid, but why have the BBC et al got to appeal to the nation to send in donations so that the correct care is given to them?
Why can't we provide healthcare for our own?
This country is FCUKED UP
Someone please explain...
Children In Need on 20:31 - Nov 14 with 1694 viewsCamberleyR

Noble cause but CIN is the biggest fücking waste of airtime going. Fücking newsreaders and weather presenters poncing about annoying the tits off of everyone. I hate it.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Children In Need on 20:35 - Nov 14 with 1671 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

And Wogan who is pleading for donations was reportedly on 10 grand a show 10 years ago. He's back again. I'd like to think he does it for free now. Unlikely.
Children In Need on 20:37 - Nov 14 with 1652 viewsDrewster

I have always thought, whilst these various celebs are asking us to dig deep, do they give their appearance fees to the charity?
Tess daly gets right on my t1ts, patronising cow.
Children In Need on 20:39 - Nov 14 with 1637 viewsfacto

still sclub7 reuniting later...........should be a hoot!
Children In Need on 20:48 - Nov 14 with 1610 viewsCHUBBS

I couldn't relate to watching that x factor style self promoting bollox.
It is all for chaaaritty however they all like to talk about it.
Children In Need on 20:55 - Nov 14 with 1591 viewsShotKneesHoop

Just tell yourself "it's all bolllox" and find another programme.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Children In Need on 21:20 - Nov 14 with 1542 viewsthehat

wow I bet you lot are fun at a party..........
Children In Need on 00:01 - Nov 15 with 1427 viewsHollowayRanger

because we have to save the rest of the world before we can save our OWN people

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Children In Need on 06:09 - Nov 15 with 1363 viewsWesty75

Children In Need on 00:01 - Nov 15 by HollowayRanger

because we have to save the rest of the world before we can save our OWN people

Children in Need is primarily for kids in the UK you donut.

I don't tend to watch it as it is a bit irritating but it raises a lot of money for bloody good causes. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

And yes, it would be great if all of this could be funded by the state but it's obviously not realistic:
1. There will always be limits to what the state can afford, and;
2. There are a hell of a lot of pretty well-off people in this country that don't want to pay the kind of taxes that would be needed to pay for this level of care.
Children In Need on 08:54 - Nov 15 with 1291 viewsjohann28

Big national conscience easing before we all indulge ourselves over the coming season
Children In Need on 11:31 - Nov 15 with 1223 viewsTGRRRSSS

2. There are a hell of a lot of pretty well-off people in this country that don't want to pay the kind of taxes that would be needed to pay for this level of care.

I relation to this point that no doubt includes many appearing on this programme I imagine.

I have always wondered if the "celebs" give their time freely or not, some do I imagine like Lenny Henry on Comic Relief.

It is a noble cause and it does shine a light on many things that need help in this country and abroad, but how much real good it does I wonder.
Children In Need on 14:32 - Nov 15 with 1170 viewsHollowayRanger

Children In Need on 06:09 - Nov 15 by Westy75

Children in Need is primarily for kids in the UK you donut.

I don't tend to watch it as it is a bit irritating but it raises a lot of money for bloody good causes. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

And yes, it would be great if all of this could be funded by the state but it's obviously not realistic:
1. There will always be limits to what the state can afford, and;

the question was

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Children In Need on 15:44 - Nov 15 with 1139 views1BobbyHazell

Children In Need on 14:32 - Nov 15 by HollowayRanger

the question was

Well as just one example in a sea of many, the recent Government sell off of The Post Office was deliberately under valued by around 750 MILLION POUNDS. Who benefited from this? The several companies who had acted as 'consultants' to the government for the sell off who bought the under priced shares and then sold them off quickly at their real value despite assurances that they were 'long term partners providing stability'.

That's 3/4 of a billion pounds stolen straight from all of us and handed over to a handful of already obscenely wealthy people.

25 times as much as Children in Need raised last night.

Funny Holloway, I must have missed your Indignant News Item Thread on that one. It's almost as if the newspapers you read don't want you to focus on where the money is really going...
Children In Need on 19:16 - Nov 15 with 1075 viewsRangersAreBack

Children In Need on 15:44 - Nov 15 by 1BobbyHazell

Well as just one example in a sea of many, the recent Government sell off of The Post Office was deliberately under valued by around 750 MILLION POUNDS. Who benefited from this? The several companies who had acted as 'consultants' to the government for the sell off who bought the under priced shares and then sold them off quickly at their real value despite assurances that they were 'long term partners providing stability'.

That's 3/4 of a billion pounds stolen straight from all of us and handed over to a handful of already obscenely wealthy people.

Funny Holloway, I must have missed your Indignant News Item Thread on that one. It's almost as if the newspapers you read don't want you to focus on where the money is really going...

Evidence please?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2014 19:18]
Children In Need on 22:32 - Nov 15 with 991 views1BobbyHazell

Children In Need on 19:16 - Nov 15 by RangersAreBack

Evidence please?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2014 19:18]

Common knowledge, but here you go anyway.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/apr/01/royal-mail-undervaluing-taxpayer-

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/apr/01/royal-mail-undervaluing-taxpayer-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/royal-mail-float-scandal-how-hed

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/royal-mail-float-how-banks-broke-promises-a

Sorry meant to say Royal Mail not Post Office.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2014 22:35]
Children In Need on 23:56 - Nov 15 with 940 viewsJuzzie

Charity does indeed begin at home. Care for our own people with our taxes. If theres any left then by all means help the restof the world. Too busy doing it the other way around meaning we are guilt driven into paying more money via the likes of CIN, Band Aid etc.
Children In Need on 00:23 - Nov 16 with 931 viewsHollowayRanger

oh I agree the fat cats are continuing to feed of us and you'll never see/find a poor mp be that conlibs or labour

im just sick of seeing british kids in need british people homeless british pensioners afraid to turn on their heating and now a british hospital turning people away because it cant cope!

stop the overseas aid
stop the eu money grabbers
stop trident
stop the new carriers
stop the benefits to those that just turn up here
stop the bankers bounes
stop the mps pay rises

Listen to the band play!

Children In Need on 06:26 - Nov 16 with 904 viewsFredManRave

Children In Need on 00:23 - Nov 16 by HollowayRanger

oh I agree the fat cats are continuing to feed of us and you'll never see/find a poor mp be that conlibs or labour

im just sick of seeing british kids in need british people homeless british pensioners afraid to turn on their heating and now a british hospital turning people away because it cant cope!

stop the overseas aid
stop trident
stop the new carriers
stop the bankers bounes
stop the mps pay rises

stop the flu jabs

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Children In Need on 06:28 - Nov 16 with 903 viewsFredManRave

Children In Need on 15:44 - Nov 15 by 1BobbyHazell

So you agree that CIN is an extremely worthwhile and much needed cause then bearing in mind how much the politicians are taking from us?!

I've got the Power.

Children In Need on 09:41 - Nov 16 with 844 views1BobbyHazell

Children In Need on 06:28 - Nov 16 by FredManRave

So you agree that CIN is an extremely worthwhile and much needed cause then bearing in mind how much the politicians are taking from us?!

I guess I think that helping people worse off than you is a worthwhile cause. CIN is just one example of that. So committed am I that I still donated despite S club f-ing 7 headlining.

It's why I disagree with some of Holloway's Hit List. I don't have so much of a problem with things like overseas aid and the benefits system as at least it is money going to people who are at the bottom end of the financial and social spectrum. People far worse off than me who (mostly) really need it. I don't mind money being used to keep people alive, feed them, ward off easily treatable diseases etc etc. There's nowt wrong with a bt of humanity. Contrast that to the example I posted where 750 million pounds was given to organisations and people who have far, far too much money already. It's a complete no brainer.

If we are experiencing not having enough money to "look after our own", where would be the most effective place to find the neccesary amounts? Those few who have a huge percentage of our wealth or taking even more money off the poorest and most unfortunate of us? Pretty straight f-ing forward if you ask me.
Children In Need on 15:25 - Nov 16 with 784 viewsFredManRave

Children In Need on 09:41 - Nov 16 by 1BobbyHazell

I guess I think that helping people worse off than you is a worthwhile cause. CIN is just one example of that. So committed am I that I still donated despite S club f-ing 7 headlining.

It's why I disagree with some of Holloway's Hit List. I don't have so much of a problem with things like overseas aid and the benefits system as at least it is money going to people who are at the bottom end of the financial and social spectrum. People far worse off than me who (mostly) really need it. I don't mind money being used to keep people alive, feed them, ward off easily treatable diseases etc etc. There's nowt wrong with a bt of humanity. Contrast that to the example I posted where 750 million pounds was given to organisations and people who have far, far too much money already. It's a complete no brainer.

If we are experiencing not having enough money to "look after our own", where would be the most effective place to find the neccesary amounts? Those few who have a huge percentage of our wealth or taking even more money off the poorest and most unfortunate of us? Pretty straight f-ing forward if you ask me.

This must warm your heart then 1BH. There's hope for us yet, isn't there?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giving_Pledge

I've got the Power.

Children In Need on 18:14 - Nov 16 with 733 viewsQPR1882

Children In Need on 15:25 - Nov 16 by FredManRave

This must warm your heart then 1BH. There's hope for us yet, isn't there?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giving_Pledge

Are you lot deluded in thinking if the money did not go out of the UK it would help British people ? They are not queuing in France to get into the UK for nowt. Any money raised in CIN that stayed in the UK would be spent on helping anyone who came to the UK with a sob storey.

Help British people, you will be accused of being racist if you say that out loud.
Children In Need on 18:18 - Nov 16 with 728 viewsTheBlob

Was Sue Perkins in it?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Children In Need on 18:47 - Nov 16 with 698 viewsderbyhoop

Children In Need on 00:23 - Nov 16 by HollowayRanger

stop the overseas aid
stop trident
stop the new carriers
stop the bankers bounes
stop the mps pay rises

Simple straightforward solutions to difficult, complex problems.

Pity it's all bollox.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Children In Need on 19:43 - Nov 16 with 655 views1BobbyHazell

Children In Need on 18:14 - Nov 16 by QPR1882

Are you lot deluded in thinking if the money did not go out of the UK it would help British people ? They are not queuing in France to get into the UK for nowt. Any money raised in CIN that stayed in the UK would be spent on helping anyone who came to the UK with a sob storey.

Help British people, you will be accused of being racist if you say that out loud.

F**k me, I really hope that is a spoof post.

Just in case it isn't you'll be pleased to know that in the few CIN short films that I saw it seemed to be mostly white, English as a first language, unfortunate children being helped.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024