Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off topic: RIP electronic music pioneer Edgar Froese 17:48 - Jan 26 with 2057 viewsR_from_afar

Sad to hear one of the founding fathers of the genre has passed away. He was actually a pretty decent guitarist too.

The first side of "Rubycon" is absolutely mesmerising and he also gave us "Force Majeure," the album which in my humble opinion is the yardstick for electronic music. A fair smattering of guitar and the use of a real drummer throughout give it real colour and impetus.

Anyway, enough of my yakking. I leave you with a quote from the great man himself:

"There is no death, there is just a change of our cosmic address".

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Off topic: RIP electronic music pioneer Edgar Froese on 19:19 - Jan 26 with 2032 viewsMrSheen

From the same era, Popol Vuh on Aguirre Wrath of God...

Off topic: RIP electronic music pioneer Edgar Froese on 20:19 - Jan 26 with 2014 viewsRs_Holy

Slipped under the radar a bit.... Tangerine Dream were the inspiration to many electronic bands! RIP Edgar... your music lives on!

Off topic: RIP electronic music pioneer Edgar Froese on 08:20 - Jan 27 with 1959 viewsDiscodroids

without this lot of kraut ambient pioneers we wouldnt have numan, foxx, or even a Jeff mills. using mini moogs , roland 303's when everyone else used them as a corby trouser press.

the daddy's of' EDM' borstal.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines "

James Douglas Morrison @ 1969 after hearing tangerine dream.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Off topic: RIP electronic music pioneer Edgar Froese on 13:50 - Jan 27 with 1921 viewsR_from_afar

Off topic: RIP electronic music pioneer Edgar Froese on 19:19 - Jan 26 by MrSheen

From the same era, Popol Vuh on Aguirre Wrath of God...

Popol Vuh, good shout. I have just got into them, inspired by watching that film on TV. Ethereal music based on the interplay of electric guitar, piano (they ditched the Moog early on) and vocal "textures".

I read the book behind the film, all about the discovery of the Amazon. A bit pithy but interesting nonetheless.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024