Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With International Break time on our hands 03:03 - Sep 3 with 1766 viewsBoston

....how many of us will spend some of it walking the dog? Petsonally, I'm up in the local forestry nearly every day as one of my boys is a right aggressive bugger when it comes to walkies. Anyway, have a posse of two, the happy go lucky Cocker Spaniel, who's papers claim pure bred but looks like a Clumber got in there somewhere and the pushy fellah, a Black Lab Sharpei mix. So what's your hound?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2016 15:44]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

With International Break time on our hands on 07:46 - Sep 3 with 1721 viewsLblock

Being completely honest with you; I'd far rather be walking my lunatic black lab (with possibly something else in the mix --- rescue pup you see so we can't be sure) than watching any football

No man is complete without a decent proper dog.
I'm very much considering getting hound number two this winter as the house will be attended everyday from then on. My 8 year old lab is the most intelligent and lovely character you'd meet but with a decent smattering of dominance thrown in.... She's the boss dog. So ideal assistant to train and teach a newbie I'd reckon

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

With International Break time on our hands on 08:42 - Sep 3 with 1699 viewsHordleHoop

Just heading out into the New Forest with my 9 year old black lab.
Wonderful dog. They really are a superb breed
With International Break time on our hands on 09:07 - Sep 3 with 1684 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'm volunteering at the Alzheimer's Society memory walk this morning.

Currently sat with a cuppa at the foot of Tower Bridge on a glorious morning. Anyone and/or their significant others walking today?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

With International Break time on our hands on 09:57 - Sep 3 with 1645 viewsDorse

I always had dogs as kid but am seriously considering getting one again. It's not the same walking the goldfish.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

With International Break time on our hands on 10:02 - Sep 3 with 1628 viewschris1969

Waiting for my breakfast to settle before going for 1hr plod across the Heath with my 2yr old Welsh Springer Spaniel. Fantastic good natured dog and she sticks to me like velcro.
With International Break time on our hands on 10:08 - Sep 3 with 1624 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I'd love dogs but sadly work hours don't permit it, wouldn't be fair on the dog. But one day we'll have our own little pack - back in the good lady's motherland her parents have a couple of Bouviers Des Floundres - big fluffy chaps but good guard dogs which is what they need where they live.

In my humble abode we have two cats - they're Maine Coons so kinda like a (EIDT: small to...) medium sized dog. They're house cats too so always inside and have to say they are very dog like in personality - extremely attentive and always just want to be around us Nguyen their size you can have a proper little play with them too and not once have they scratched or bitten anyone, gentle giants and I love them dearly!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2016 10:09]
With International Break time on our hands on 10:26 - Sep 3 with 1607 viewsE17hoop

With International Break time on our hands on 09:07 - Sep 3 by PlanetHonneywood

I'm volunteering at the Alzheimer's Society memory walk this morning.

Currently sat with a cuppa at the foot of Tower Bridge on a glorious morning. Anyone and/or their significant others walking today?

No walk, running. Parkrun completed this morning and a 8-mile training run tomorrow morning in readiness for the South 10 mile in Oct.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

With International Break time on our hands on 11:29 - Sep 3 with 1576 viewsLadbrokeR

I'm doing very little maybe a walk around Hyde Park. I don't want to drink for a few weeks. I must admit that I have been thinking about Big SAMs team selection and reflecting a bit on the Euros.
Login to get fewer ads

With International Break time on our hands on 11:56 - Sep 3 with 1552 viewsMytch_QPR

I have taken myself for a walk this morning up the woods. Woof.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

With International Break time on our hands on 12:13 - Sep 3 with 1532 viewsMytch_QPR

With International Break time on our hands on 10:26 - Sep 3 by E17hoop

No walk, running. Parkrun completed this morning and a 8-mile training run tomorrow morning in readiness for the South 10 mile in Oct.

What are you wearing E17? (shoes-wise)

I've bought a couple of pairs of Hokas recently as I had a dodgy knee - Bondis for road, Challengers for hitting the trails.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

With International Break time on our hands on 13:01 - Sep 3 with 1487 viewsToast_R

Prefer cats.
What I like about them apart from them requiring minimal effort to look after, pound for pound they are the ultimate predators and I truely admire that. Wonderful eye sight and agile reflexes.

However my cat is as soft as sh*t. All she wants is a lap and a packet of Dreamies. Even when my son prods and pulls her fur she just tolerates it. Lovely cat - bit needy though.
With International Break time on our hands on 15:21 - Sep 3 with 1410 viewsLblock

You never really own a cat though I find (we have one as well). Very aloof

Two way trade with a dog
I'll never understand how some of them can be so forgiving after being treated badly by total scum "owners"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

With International Break time on our hands on 16:13 - Sep 3 with 1389 viewsBoston

My Dad preferred gun dogs, hours and hours tirelessly training them on safety, stance, loading a bolt action or semi automatic....

With International Break time on our hands on 20:09 - Sep 3 with 1322 viewswestberksr

Well my boy (6 yo weimaraner) is on light duties having hurt his back. Quick wander down to buy the papers and then a 10 minute spin around Hungerford common not allowing him to chase the cows.

Normal Saturday morning is walking the woods at Pete Townsend's country pile, Ashdown House. It's National Trust so we aren't trespassing and he's very pleasant anyway.
With International Break time on our hands on 20:34 - Sep 3 with 1297 viewsE17hoop

With International Break time on our hands on 12:13 - Sep 3 by Mytch_QPR

What are you wearing E17? (shoes-wise)

I've bought a couple of pairs of Hokas recently as I had a dodgy knee - Bondis for road, Challengers for hitting the trails.

Mizuno wave inspire for the road, Adidas trail on the green and brown stuff. I'm a UK 13 so finding a good fit with a wide toe box is a challenge. The Mizuno fit great on me.

*edit
Just looked at the Hoka's...massive cushioning.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2016 22:06]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

With International Break time on our hands on 23:37 - Sep 3 with 1219 viewsBoston

With International Break time on our hands on 20:34 - Sep 3 by E17hoop

Mizuno wave inspire for the road, Adidas trail on the green and brown stuff. I'm a UK 13 so finding a good fit with a wide toe box is a challenge. The Mizuno fit great on me.

*edit

Those the ones that leave everyone else in smoke?

With International Break time on our hands on 00:34 - Sep 4 with 1196 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I don't own a dog but we look after my mother in laws schnauzer when she goes on holiday (which seems to be most of the time) and it's quite good exercise walking her. Not sure I would be happy leaving a dog at home all day while my wife and I work. Quite fancy one when I retire though.
With International Break time on our hands on 06:05 - Sep 4 with 1154 viewsDylanP

Does "walking the dog" mean something naughty to the kids of today?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

With International Break time on our hands on 09:33 - Sep 4 with 1122 viewsSimonJames

Watched Bath Rugby's first win away at Northampton for 16 years. Feeling like a bit of a dog's breakfast this morning though.

100% of people who drink water will die.

With International Break time on our hands on 14:28 - Sep 4 with 1074 viewsBoston

With International Break time on our hands on 09:33 - Sep 4 by SimonJames

Watched Bath Rugby's first win away at Northampton for 16 years. Feeling like a bit of a dog's breakfast this morning though.

....hair of the dog?

With International Break time on our hands on 16:15 - Sep 4 with 1044 viewsYorkRanger

Our 14 year old chocolate Labrador passed away in February this year - one of the toughest days... We live on the edge of the National Park so great dog walking territory, miles and miles of open space. Still deliberating over the next dog....
With International Break time on our hands on 23:09 - Sep 4 with 962 viewsBoston

Walking the dogs this afternoon and I fell into company with a older American chap and his terrier. Tells me he lived and worked in the south of England in the early sixties and he'd come away with the impression that the British middle class were exemplified by privet hedges, having a father who flew in the RAF and owning a black Lab called n.gger I told him things had changed a little.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 0:12]

With International Break time on our hands on 12:39 - Sep 5 with 892 viewsMytch_QPR

With International Break time on our hands on 20:34 - Sep 3 by E17hoop

*edit

They are a bit deceptive, as your foot sits a bit lower in the shoe than you might think, but yes there is a lot of padding underfoot which generally means less wear and tear on ankles and knees. I don't use them for every run, but alternate them.

They are made for a narrower foot, so try to get to a shop to try them for fit if you are ever tempted. The extra cushioning really tells on runs over HM distance.

I've got Mizuno Waveriders for road running, and Brooks Ghost - I also have some Salomons for trail runs. They're all good - I've run 2 marathons in Mizunos.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024