Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly 19:35 - Jan 11 with 8395 viewsmakaveli1882

Apparently it cost 50 k to put something like this on with police cost stewards etc etc

I have been shot down to about the kit sponsor so I have no opinion; but maybe us fans should all chip in so the club can put it on because obviously the new deal won't help

This is all allegedly by the way ....info below

Take a look at Stan Bowles Benefit (@StanBenefit): https://twitter.com/StanBenefit?s=01
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 19:43 - Jan 11 with 5665 viewsdaveB

don't think it's been turned down flat but they are not going to pay the 50k to open the stadium which seems a bit stupid and want it funded. I think the club should do it but can see why they won't as it sets a precedent for them to hold testimonials for free to all ex players.
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 19:50 - Jan 11 with 5623 viewsmakaveli1882

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 19:43 - Jan 11 by daveB

don't think it's been turned down flat but they are not going to pay the 50k to open the stadium which seems a bit stupid and want it funded. I think the club should do it but can see why they won't as it sets a precedent for them to hold testimonials for free to all ex players.

Think they will allow if we pay for it; but won't put it on or fund it for their greatest ever player; allegedly

But probably paid Sandro that amount only this week
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 19:58 - Jan 11 with 5594 viewsmakaveli1882

Hi @QPRFC , why ask fans to pay for facilities for Stan Bowles benefit game ? Appalling treatment of a club legend who's image you use! £££

Stan Collymore just tweeted this
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 19:59 - Jan 11 with 5591 viewsHayesender

But surley if the fans could raise £50k, they'd be no need for a benefit match?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 20:06 - Jan 11 with 5562 viewseghamranger

I'm fuming just reading the headline..

The money we have spent on Sandro, SWP and the other rubbish.

50k is like Sandros weeks wages and he left today..

Stan Bowles is a rangers LEGEND

😡😡😡

This will be sorted surely....
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 20:06 - Jan 11 with 5559 viewsmakaveli1882

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 19:59 - Jan 11 by Hayesender

But surley if the fans could raise £50k, they'd be no need for a benefit match?

But a benifit match would be the easiest way to do it; as the money from the ticket and programme sales could all go to Stan
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 20:09 - Jan 11 with 5542 viewsmakaveli1882

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 20:06 - Jan 11 by eghamranger

I'm fuming just reading the headline..

The money we have spent on Sandro, SWP and the other rubbish.

50k is like Sandros weeks wages and he left today..

Stan Bowles is a rangers LEGEND

😡😡😡

This will be sorted surely....

You are not the only one; there is a lot anger on the fb and twitter pages; a lot of people just feel like giving up
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 20:23 - Jan 11 with 5482 viewsHollowayRanger

pity the players don't pay it for one of their own, if they all put in a days wage it could make a big difference

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 20:27 - Jan 11 with 5457 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I would like to hear the club's side of this before commenting, but I think they should explain as quickly as possible.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 20:52 - Jan 11 with 5380 viewsmakaveli1882

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 20:27 - Jan 11 by BrianMcCarthy

I would like to hear the club's side of this before commenting, but I think they should explain as quickly as possible.

Brian I think the meeting was with Lee Hoos
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 20:56 - Jan 11 with 5355 viewsMedwayR

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 20:52 - Jan 11 by makaveli1882

Brian I think the meeting was with Lee Hoos

Yes it looks like Hoos is sticking firmly to his task of looking after every penny and ignoring the bigger picture.

This is what worries me about Hoos having involvement in OOC, he's already stated that having 2 tiers increases costs so be prepared for a Hoos driven soulless bowl if we do move.

Poll: Who’s better?

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 21:09 - Jan 11 with 5317 viewsconnell10

Really bad show from the board, they dont mind making money off stans image on teeshirts etc in the club shop do they! He is one of the main reasons i support Q.P.R in the first place! If this is not sorted it might be the final nail for me !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 21:16 - Jan 11 with 5290 viewsHayesender

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 20:06 - Jan 11 by makaveli1882

But a benifit match would be the easiest way to do it; as the money from the ticket and programme sales could all go to Stan

Which goes to show how ridiculous this is from Hoos.

I fcking hate this club sometimes

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 21:24 - Jan 11 with 5256 viewsToast_R

Hoos probably has his hands tied on finances. What you'd like to see is TF and his Tune Group partners having a bit of a whip round and paying the club 50k to get this on.
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 21:36 - Jan 11 with 5203 viewsconnell10

I think the main thing that sticks in the throat about this will be the amount of money the board has spunk on really crap players! One week of sandros wages would pay for this, thats what really pissing me of!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 21:48 - Jan 11 with 5157 viewsbaz_qpr

I think they are being a bit pig headed but there is a difference between the operational budget and the playing budget and I suspect they are right on the nose for FFP and the amount the owners are allowed to put in so it has be shown as income going through the books.

In all honesty given its the players that take all the money out of the club you would not think it would be a stretch for the squad and management to all chip in with a grand or so into the fund, from what I read on Twitter Hoos reckons he can probably get it down to around 35K
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 21:50 - Jan 11 with 5149 viewsbosh67

There are over 10,000 season ticket holders out there. £5 each and its done to stage it.

Would it not be an idea to crowd fund this and find people within the fanbase who would help with the PR and marketing to QPR fans around the world. There are over 200,000 QPR followers out there.

Get the club to agree to let fans do an independent behind the scenes video of the occasion, with fan and legend interviews about Stanley, then edit it together into a 30 minute download and get fans to download the video for a few quid. All proceeds of that would go to Stan.

Find fans who make T shirts and other products, get them made cheaply and offer those with a mark up on the crowd funding site.

So

package a - Download of fan film with highlights and behind the scenes interviews £3
Package b - Download and digital commemorative programme £6
package c - ticket to the game £15 (including £5 to help stage game)
package d - Ticket, download and digital commemorative programme £20
Package e - Ticket, download, digital commemorative programme and commemorative T shirt £45
Package f - Ticket, download, digital commemorative programme, commemorative T shirt, behind the scenes on the night of event pass £120
Package f - Corporate package for 4 people. Tickets, downloads, digital commemorative programmes, commemorative T shirts, behind the scenes on the night of event passes £400

Market to fanbase, season ticket holders, promote through fan blogs and sites, get an ad on the QPR offish, do radio with Talksport, BBC London, 5 Live, overseas radio and gloabl football podcasts.

Over and above the £50K + production costs on above, all fees go to Stanley. I reckon the whole thing could be done for about £75K.

If 14,000 people turn up and the average spend is £15 then that's £210K before all the other packages that allow people everywhere to be part of the experience.

There you go. May have some flaws, but it is a plan.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 22:50 - Jan 11 with 5025 viewsBrightonhoop

This is actually truly shameful of the Club.

If you cant look after your own.........and if you cant look after Stan of all people. Then what's the point of supporting QPR? wtf have we become?
This is a low. I dont know about others but this makes me think about everything and changes the perspective on this old Club of ours. What a grubby little outfit we've become. No excuses. This is black and white, right and wrong. It's a stark realisation that the Club has become full of shyte. Not sure I can be 4rsed any more.

As for Collymore, when he's stumped up £50,000 for his local womens refuge for battered women he can have a view, parasitical gobshyte not fit to lick Stans boots.
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 23:00 - Jan 11 with 5002 viewsdaveB

Best suggestion I've seen is to play the game before a home pre season game this summer so the costs are covered for the first team game and you play a charity game at 1pm for an hour with ex players.
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 23:00 - Jan 11 with 5001 viewsStanisgod

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 21:36 - Jan 11 by connell10

I think the main thing that sticks in the throat about this will be the amount of money the board has spunk on really crap players! One week of sandros wages would pay for this, thats what really pissing me of!

Exactly. TF sanctioned ridiculous wages for shite players without batting an eyelid, but 1 weeks wages or more for ONE of these wasters would have paid for it

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 23:01 - Jan 11 with 5003 viewsNorthernr

I do see some of the points in the way of this - games aren't free to put on and we don't want to be in a situation where it doesn't make any money for him, or even makes a loss. So it's got to be done and financed correctly for it to be worthwhile. Hoos has been brought in to slice and slice and slice his side of the club until it's as tight as a mouse's ear. Staff at the club are all on pay freezes, budgets being cut, etc.

But, 1 - while the playing budget is being cut into, that's where all the money goes and we think nothing of sacking another manager and his entire coaching staff and hiring a load of replacements every November which definitely costs far, far more than this. Hire Holloway and Bircham as the dream team, they lose six in a row, so we let them hire Curtis Fleming. Happy to chuck good money after bad in those situations.

2 - We stage all manner of weird and wonderful friendlies at Loftus Road in the summer. We get Atalanta over at a week's notice. We get Watford here for the fcking DryWorld Cup. Couldn't one of the friendlies just be for this? Would increase the attendance they usually get for those games. Do we pay £50,000 to host pre-season friendlies?

3 - clubs stage testimonials all the time, what's different about this one?

4 - They do seem weirdly, stubbornly opposed to this idea in particular.

5 - We've just brought in several million pounds for a couple of players, and cleared several million off our wage bill for the rest of the season. Would anybody object if the club came out and said £50k of the Polter money is going towards staging this game?

6 - Interesting how Tony isn't so keen to Tweet about, or respond to Tweets about this isn't it? Send Hoos out in front and let him take the flak. Loves a scapegoat almost as much as this message board does Tone.

The whole thing seems really odd to me.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 23:14 - Jan 11 with 4956 viewsdaveB

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 23:01 - Jan 11 by Northernr

I do see some of the points in the way of this - games aren't free to put on and we don't want to be in a situation where it doesn't make any money for him, or even makes a loss. So it's got to be done and financed correctly for it to be worthwhile. Hoos has been brought in to slice and slice and slice his side of the club until it's as tight as a mouse's ear. Staff at the club are all on pay freezes, budgets being cut, etc.

But, 1 - while the playing budget is being cut into, that's where all the money goes and we think nothing of sacking another manager and his entire coaching staff and hiring a load of replacements every November which definitely costs far, far more than this. Hire Holloway and Bircham as the dream team, they lose six in a row, so we let them hire Curtis Fleming. Happy to chuck good money after bad in those situations.

2 - We stage all manner of weird and wonderful friendlies at Loftus Road in the summer. We get Atalanta over at a week's notice. We get Watford here for the fcking DryWorld Cup. Couldn't one of the friendlies just be for this? Would increase the attendance they usually get for those games. Do we pay £50,000 to host pre-season friendlies?

3 - clubs stage testimonials all the time, what's different about this one?

4 - They do seem weirdly, stubbornly opposed to this idea in particular.

5 - We've just brought in several million pounds for a couple of players, and cleared several million off our wage bill for the rest of the season. Would anybody object if the club came out and said £50k of the Polter money is going towards staging this game?

6 - Interesting how Tony isn't so keen to Tweet about, or respond to Tweets about this isn't it? Send Hoos out in front and let him take the flak. Loves a scapegoat almost as much as this message board does Tone.

The whole thing seems really odd to me.

This post has been edited by an administrator

fully expect Fernandes to want to be the hero and say he'll pay for it himself in the end but does all seem very ood
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 00:22 - Jan 12 with 4879 viewsLythamR

The Club needs to find a solution to this problem and quite quickly I think.

They have just saved upwards of 40k per WEEK by offloading Sandro

They will soon be wanting to send out Season ticket renewals.

A good portion of the current season ticket holders grew up watching Stan and I think a reasonable number will think twice about forking out while this is unresolved

If they cant find a way to do this i hope they are prepared lo edit Stan out of their future marketing and promotional activities
Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 00:43 - Jan 12 with 4853 viewswombat

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 00:22 - Jan 12 by LythamR

The Club needs to find a solution to this problem and quite quickly I think.

They have just saved upwards of 40k per WEEK by offloading Sandro

They will soon be wanting to send out Season ticket renewals.

A good portion of the current season ticket holders grew up watching Stan and I think a reasonable number will think twice about forking out while this is unresolved

If they cant find a way to do this i hope they are prepared lo edit Stan out of their future marketing and promotional activities

Hopefully a meeting is going to happen next week to discuss ideas further

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 03:15 - Jan 12 with 4791 viewsNZR

Stan Bowles benefit match turned down today.. Allegedly on 21:09 - Jan 11 by connell10

Really bad show from the board, they dont mind making money off stans image on teeshirts etc in the club shop do they! He is one of the main reasons i support Q.P.R in the first place! If this is not sorted it might be the final nail for me !

Stan would be getting royalties from having his image used.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024