Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR - Thread number 6598 20:49 - Jan 16 with 3086 viewsaston_hoop

So VAR, anyone watching the Southampton v Derby game let me know exactly what that was all about? A marginal decision that people still aren't sure about, all the drama of a football match removed and a goal disallowed. Thats just not entertainment is it?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 20:52 - Jan 16 with 1974 viewsloftboy

It’s taken away the “give the forward the benefit of the doubt “

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 20:59 - Jan 16 with 1954 viewsJuzzie

Football stopped being an entertainment in 1992. It’s now a business where every minute decision has to be correct because the financial consequences can be catastrophic if not.
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:00 - Jan 16 with 1951 viewsNorthernr

Another nonsense decision (Southampton player dips his shoulder to put him on, and he's level anyway) reached after a ridiculous delay. Compounded by the fact that it's in use at some grounds and not others in the same competition - so last night Blackburn get knocked out by an offside goal, and tonight Southampton potentially stay in thanks to that.

And what happened to "clear and obvious error"? When you're slowing it down, stopping the footage, spending two minutes, drawing fcking lines on the screen, where's the clear and obvious in that?

PGMOL straight out on the social media channels waving their tiny willies around and shouting about it being "correct in law".

As Bluce Ree would say, fck this, fck this right in the gob.
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:04 - Jan 16 with 1934 viewsHayesender

Ridiculous decision. There should have to be clear daylight between the players for it to be offside imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:04 - Jan 16 with 1930 viewsloftboy

sorry Clive probably being thick (again) but who are what is PGMOL

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:07 - Jan 16 with 1911 viewsflynnbo

Those deluded Derby fans are so much up FFL's arse, it;s untrue!
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:10 - Jan 16 with 1906 viewsDorse

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:04 - Jan 16 by loftboy

Penile Girth: More or Less?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:11 - Jan 16 with 1899 viewsdanehoop

professional game match officials ltd.

They provide all the match officials in Prem and English football.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:12 - Jan 16 with 1897 viewsdanehoop

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:10 - Jan 16 by Dorse

Penile Girth: More or Less?

that is a better description to be fair

Never knowingly understood

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:12 - Jan 16 with 1895 views100percent

Can I just add that in a parallel universe, Shane Long is to the premiership, what Conor Washington is to the championship........??
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:15 - Jan 16 with 1887 viewsNorthernr

Apparently every goal is automatically reviewed. So we're now having this minute delay after every goal, even when there's clearly nothing wrong with it.

Save us ffs.

1 min 40 secs between Derby's first goal and the game restarting again, despite them racing the ball back to the centre circle to get going again. Are we doing away with the over celebrating/shirt off yellow cards next season then? Because nothing wastes more time than this sht.

This post has been edited by an administrator
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:22 - Jan 16 with 1855 viewsloftboy

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:11 - Jan 16 by danehoop

professional game match officials ltd.

They provide all the match officials in Prem and English football.

Cheers Dane

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:25 - Jan 16 with 1834 viewsLongsufferingR

Fking seething here.

I fancied watching an entertaining match after a hard day at work and I have to put up with this utter festering carcass of a referee's wnkfest to satisfy those in power who don't believe they've quite buried our game deep enough.

Absolutely and utterly ruining the game as a spectacle.
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:39 - Jan 16 with 1805 viewsStanisgod

How longs Birch been Saints manager?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 22:18]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 21:39 - Jan 16 with 1805 viewsDannyPaddox

Persistent gormless moaning of Lampard
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 21:41]
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 22:24 - Jan 16 with 1713 viewscharmr

Will/did they use VAR to check if the Gk moved off his line before the penalty kick was taken. Blame the 5 games or I’m sacked managers for VAR.

Modern football up its own arse
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 22:40 - Jan 16 with 1659 viewsdaveB

thought that was piss poor tonight, should be a time limit on these things, if it takes 5 or 6 looks for an offside then have to go with the on field decision.
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 06:29 - Jan 17 with 1483 viewsDixie_CT

I'm guessing people don't like VAR??

I'm all for technology improving decisions like the Atwell Ghost Goal, Thierry Henry's handball v Ireland, Clint Hill v Bolton and Shaun Derry's red card at Man U but last night was pretty poor.

It's like they said:
'Right, it primetime on the BeeB, let's show them how good we are'
'Err, I think we got that one wrong!'
'Shit! Well review everything until we get it right, we will show that Jenas'

At least them looking into using technology will make those clear and obvious decisions easier to make for a human seeing (Or maybe not seeing!!) and inturpriting the decision once and in real time.

I agree with Clive, unfair to use it in the some games but not others in the same competition, surely that is against some sort of rule or at least ethics/principles? Shame the FA is allowing it's own premier cup competition to be devalued by making it a guinea pig. Well, some of it! Again shows the power of the Premier League & its NIMBYism.
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 09:48 - Jan 17 with 1350 viewsPinnerPaul

Told you so!
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 09:51 - Jan 17 with 1342 viewsPinnerPaul

Will cause just as many arguments as the good old ref, with the added bonus of a great big delay on top.

The official guidelines for referees using VAR runs to, wait for it...……….64 pages.

That's how simple it is!

Lineker annoyed me last night, nodding in agreement with Shearer, when he has spent the last year quoting 'VAR' on MOTD whenever he thinks a referee has got something wrong.
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 09:52 - Jan 17 with 1339 viewsAntti_Heinola

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 22:40 - Jan 16 by daveB

thought that was piss poor tonight, should be a time limit on these things, if it takes 5 or 6 looks for an offside then have to go with the on field decision.

Agree - cricket has it better where if it's marginal, go with the onfield umpire. Should be same in football, except for the ball crossing the line.

Clive mentioned the Newcastle offside goal above. Laughably, Chris Sutton called it a 'terrible decision'. The bloke had a shot from 30 yards. At that split second, the guy who followed up and scored was just - *just* - half a body offside. How in the name of FCK is that a 'terrible decision?!' A wrong on, ok. But 'terrible'? How many eyes do people want linos to have?

Can't stand VAR. Should only be, as said, in conditions of clear and obvious mistake. Not this balance of probabilities bollox.

Bare bones.

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 09:54 - Jan 17 with 1336 viewsPinnerPaul

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 22:40 - Jan 16 by daveB

My final thought, and I've said this before

They are using the most up to date technology, the VARs are the top referees - same as on field ones - so for those thinking that the 'process' is somehow going to improve are sadly mistaken.

I also have it on very good authority that next season PL referees will NOT be using a pitchside monitor, so therefore will take VAR's recommendation most of the time.
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 10:12 - Jan 17 with 1313 viewsterryb

VAR - Thread number 6598 on 09:54 - Jan 17 by PinnerPaul

They are using the most up to date technology, the VARs are the top referees - same as on field ones - so for those thinking that the 'process' is somehow going to improve are sadly mistaken.

I also have it on very good authority that next season PL referees will NOT be using a pitchside monitor, so therefore will take VAR's recommendation most of the time.

Once again then, our officials think they are better than the rest of the world!

It was no coincidence that the number of English officials at the World Cup was zero! As a whole they are not very good & have a management that will not accept any criticism.

The only one who could have been considered was the female assistant in The Premier. I never query any of her decisions as she has been shown to be correct on nearly every occasion!
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 12:55 - Jan 17 with 1233 viewsFrankRightguard

What is the reason for not using the pitchside monitors? I thought the reason it worked far better at the World Cup was because the referee was still the referee. This seems to me like refereeing by committee. The on field ref should make all final decisions, not some fella on an industrial estate in Uxbridge.
VAR - Thread number 6598 on 13:06 - Jan 17 with 1207 viewsWatford_Ranger

What’s your (or refs’ generally) view on a time limit? That’s the real bugbear for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024