Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back on the Tube 21:57 - Aug 30 with 6586 viewsDWQPR

Fûck me that was easy. Too easy. Second half like a training session and able to step on the gas when we wanted to. Can’t criticise anyone in hoops tonight even poor Lyndon with that miss. Beat bit was the crowd singing his name afterwards. Chair was at his very best, the full backs really carried on from Saturday. The midfield three totally dominant and Willock was just Willock. Hull just didn’t know what to do with him. Dickie and Dunne didn’t have a lot to do in reality and Senny might as we plan have joined me in the stands. The reality was that if Beale wanted to keep everyone on I think we could have witnessed an absolute mauling.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just Back on the Tube on 22:23 - Aug 30 with 4893 viewsGroveR

I wouldn't underestimate the amount of work that was put in off the ball, specifically Field and Johansen. If anyone's lost a lump of ginger, I'd suggest looking in Stef's fundamental orifice - a night-and-day transformation from the sluggish displays at the end last season and runs Chair close for MotM.
Just Back on the Tube on 22:26 - Aug 30 with 4842 viewsJuzzie

An absolute mauling?

I see what you did there……..

Just Back on the Tube on 22:28 - Aug 30 with 4791 viewsPhilmyRs

Thought Senny made some decent saves, one important one just before the break when Field gifted them the chance so wouldn’t underplay his contribution. While a lot to like going forward and some great individual performances, our defending is worrying. Simple ball over the top and they’re getting at us. Fix the roof when the sun shines as Mr Beale regularly says, reckon this is something he’ll certainly be working on. Yes some great play and I’m extremely pleased with what we’re doing but as a team we need to stop the chances. It’s great entertainment but better sides will punish us. Maintain this attacking intent and make us a harder team to open up and we can do something this season.
Just Back on the Tube on 22:33 - Aug 30 with 4700 viewsBlackCrowe

Almost wept for Dykes...it's a cruel script for him at the moment.

Won't rattle on about Willock and Chair, not needed but flipping heck what a player Dozzell is turning into non-chalant, classy, working his socks off. Laird and Paal both so very good.

Lots to be super happy about - the midfield looks so tight and fluid. Shame about conceding, but it looked so offside from where i was, be good to see that again.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just Back on the Tube on 22:34 - Aug 30 with 4679 viewsLblock

I missed the first 14 mins but I felt the game was a lot more even than the score line suggested, even at 3-0.

Two saves from Senny - point blank tipped over the bar and down well after Fields brain fart.

No getting away from it, 4-0 would’ve knocked the stuffing out of them but instead they went 5 up top and played on shoulders.

We were good but I’d like to see more from Roberts, SJ further in front of Field and a striker with a goal threat

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Just Back on the Tube on 22:42 - Aug 30 with 4573 viewstraininvain

Just Back on the Tube on 22:34 - Aug 30 by Lblock

I missed the first 14 mins but I felt the game was a lot more even than the score line suggested, even at 3-0.

Two saves from Senny - point blank tipped over the bar and down well after Fields brain fart.

No getting away from it, 4-0 would’ve knocked the stuffing out of them but instead they went 5 up top and played on shoulders.

We were good but I’d like to see more from Roberts, SJ further in front of Field and a striker with a goal threat

It really wasn’t. We blew them away in the first 15 minutes which probably explains why you feel that way if you missed it.

The second half was more about game management and resting players as we have another game on Saturday.
Just Back on the Tube on 22:46 - Aug 30 with 4499 viewsbosh67

Everyone has to get behind Dykes. He's having a nightmare phase but if the fans, Beale and team mates keep behind him hopefully he'll turn it around.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just Back on the Tube on 22:48 - Aug 30 with 4450 viewsA40Bosh

Just back in from a hot and crammed West Ruislip train

Firstly, how many Rangers fans now getting off at South Ruislip!!! We seem to have a great support now beyond Norfolt on the Central

First half it was a pleasure to watch QPR playing with that level of confidence and swagger again. Laird absolute class and I can see why some Utd fans wanted him kept and not sent on loan. It could have been more before half time.

Finally seen the Dozzell everyone in the club has been promising. Thought he was superb tonight. Always seemed to be in the right place at the right time sweeping up loose second balls.

Don't want to get too down on the 2nd half - this is QPR after all. Poor old Lyndon! It was so bad but it was such a nice touch by the home end to start singing his name afterwards

A 4th goal would have killed them off but instead we took our foot off the gas becuase protecting by Willock we had Roberts coming on like he had never controlled a ball in his life - took him a long time to get up to the speed of the game. Then putting Kakay on in the back line it looked like we were playing 8 across the back when they were in our third.

All in all a great win following a superb first half and 6 points in 4 days. Things are starting to come together but we are by no means the finished article yet.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on the Tube on 22:50 - Aug 30 with 4385 viewsLblock

Just Back on the Tube on 22:42 - Aug 30 by traininvain

It really wasn’t. We blew them away in the first 15 minutes which probably explains why you feel that way if you missed it.

The second half was more about game management and resting players as we have another game on Saturday.

Fair play - stand corrected

What I did see though was someone wearing Dozzell’s shirt but not him in it. That has to be his best game yet for the club?
He was busy, energetic, tackling whilst also adding in a couple of sublime balls – the one out to the left channel for Albert to run into was an absolute silky peach of a pass.
Credit due and I hope he kicks on

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Just Back on the Tube on 22:58 - Aug 30 with 4267 viewsdm97

Just Back on the Tube on 22:50 - Aug 30 by Lblock

What I did see though was someone wearing Dozzell’s shirt but not him in it. That has to be his best game yet for the club?
He was busy, energetic, tackling whilst also adding in a couple of sublime balls – the one out to the left channel for Albert to run into was an absolute silky peach of a pass.

Agreed. Guilty of giving him the Tom Carroll label a couple games back - very happy to be being shown to be clueless. Thought he ran the show first half along with Stef
Just Back on the Tube on 22:58 - Aug 30 with 4248 viewstraininvain

Agreed. Dozzell looks like he’s gone from boy to man overnight. Dare I say that some of his passing with his left foot reminds me of Ale Faurlin. Long may it continue.
Just Back on the Tube on 22:59 - Aug 30 with 4228 viewsHAYESBOY

Just Back on the Tube on 22:58 - Aug 30 by traininvain

Agreed. Dozzell looks like he’s gone from boy to man overnight. Dare I say that some of his passing with his left foot reminds me of Ale Faurlin. Long may it continue.

That ball to Uncs late in the game. Wand of a left foot.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Just Back on the Tube on 23:02 - Aug 30 with 4179 viewsStreathamRanger

Just Back on the Tube on 22:46 - Aug 30 by bosh67

Everyone has to get behind Dykes. He's having a nightmare phase but if the fans, Beale and team mates keep behind him hopefully he'll turn it around.

Noticeable that a number of players were quickly over to him telling him not to worry. Reckon when he gets one they'll all go bloody nuts. Team spirit seems to be building. There was one moment where about five rangers players backed each other up tackle after tackle until we eventually came out with the ball. That said a lot to me about how this lot seem willing to work for each other. If Dozzell can keep this up then weight have found another gem.
Just Back on the Tube on 23:25 - Aug 30 with 3978 viewsswisscottage

Just Back on the Tube on 22:58 - Aug 30 by traininvain

I think he's got a little less pressure on him playing on the left of three rather than more central, which gives him more freedom to look to turn with the ball without worrying about losing it, because there's some cover.

He certainly covered some yards, and his defensive work down our right was about as perfect today as you could get and he's a big part of why Laird is able to get forward... sometimes you'd wonder who was the full back.

Last two games he's been a revelation.
Just Back on the Tube on 23:34 - Aug 30 with 3898 viewstraininvain

Just Back on the Tube on 23:25 - Aug 30 by swisscottage

I think he's got a little less pressure on him playing on the left of three rather than more central, which gives him more freedom to look to turn with the ball without worrying about losing it, because there's some cover.

He certainly covered some yards, and his defensive work down our right was about as perfect today as you could get and he's a big part of why Laird is able to get forward... sometimes you'd wonder who was the full back.

Last two games he's been a revelation.

One thing I noticed tonight is the midfielders playing forwards a lot more and not looking to go backwards too much. Beale has spoken about wanting the players to be on the front foot and not playing with their backs to the opposition goal. Presumably something that they’ve been working on in training.
Just Back on the Tube on 23:43 - Aug 30 with 3816 viewsDWQPR

Just Back on the Tube on 23:34 - Aug 30 by traininvain

One thing I noticed tonight is the midfielders playing forwards a lot more and not looking to go backwards too much. Beale has spoken about wanting the players to be on the front foot and not playing with their backs to the opposition goal. Presumably something that they’ve been working on in training.

Certainly saw of the ‘shoulders facing both goals’ tonight especially from Willock and Dozzell. The number of times that Willock turned his man in the first half was embarrassing.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just Back on the Tube on 23:44 - Aug 30 with 3807 viewsWatfordR

Quick well done to the fans tonight, support was tremendous from the get go. Can't remember the last time it was like that at LR.
Just Back on the Tube on 23:50 - Aug 30 with 3767 viewsMatch82

Just Back on the Tube on 22:34 - Aug 30 by Lblock

Hull barely had a touch in the first 15 minutes. Absolute dominance. Well worth watching the 15 you missed when the full 90 comes out, very enjoyable stuff and would hopefully give you some idea of why there is so much positivity on here at the moment
Just Back on the Tube on 23:55 - Aug 30 with 3723 viewskensalriser

Just Back on the Tube on 23:50 - Aug 30 by Match82

Hull barely had a touch in the first 15 minutes. Absolute dominance. Well worth watching the 15 you missed when the full 90 comes out, very enjoyable stuff and would hopefully give you some idea of why there is so much positivity on here at the moment

Correct, we blew them away in the first 15. Thought we declared after the Dykes miss and invited Hull to have a go, and eventually they duly obliged. Still, there was no need to bust a gut trying to win 4-0 and there's another game on Saturday...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Just Back on the Tube on 00:10 - Aug 31 with 3618 viewsstevec

Pacy full backs who can defend and attack, what an absolute pleasure to watch.

We can afford to play with a high line against most sides particularly when we have Laird covering balls behind our CBs. A full back who smells danger at last. Paal looking very good too, means we can play four at the back.

Midfield very tidy too. Willock and Chair out of this world.

If we just had a CF who was comfortable facing the goal we’d be a force. Dykes will never be that player, Armstrong is not ready yet and Roberts worries me a touch, I’m not convinced he likes or believes in how we play.

This is mapping out to be a bit like last season, potentially a better side now but still dependent on the same centre forward and a rather weak bench.
Just Back on the Tube on 07:49 - Aug 31 with 3163 viewsozranger

I'd rather go to a Dykes thread to talk about him, but I will do it here. There is a different Dykes on the field now. He has been given a whole new type of role to that under Warbs. More so, he has been asked to be a "false nine" more often and continues to come back and ask for the ball before distributing it. He has been asked to play off the defender and hold up the ball more, which he is improving with in each game. There were some real fights for him out there to keep possession and yes, he did give away the ball once in our half that create a chance for them. He is also the only player beyond our defenders who will go for a header from a ball sent out by the defenders or Senny. Roberts, Bonne and not one other player provides any competition for balls sent in the air. When Dykes goes off, all balls sent forward are almost all not challenged for and just provide a free header for the opponents. However, the biggest change is the fact that Beale has them playing balls along the ground. Dykes scored a lot of his goals with his head last season and is getting extremely few if any opportunities to continue that owing to the style of Beale's play he and the team have been asked to deal with. He may not score many, but his and the team's attacking roles are now quite different bringing in the midfielders more as potential scorers. I think we will see this more and more.

As to his confidence, which is lacking and was more on display with a chance he had in the first half but instead of shooting just outside the box he chose to pass, is something both he and Beale have to deal with. Remember, he is the only forward we really have at present. Also, although he has only netted once, the rest of the team has scored 11 times just showing that Beale's tactics are paying off. Yes, it would be nice to get a 20-goal striker, but the way we play now, that will never be the case, except if we have someone up front who should be playing in the Champions League Final.

Oh, and as to the game, Hull were poor. Yes, we absolutely overwhelmed them in the first half but I expected them to at least come out after the break in the opening ten minutes and put pressure on us. But no, they just continued the same way.. I'd say this was one of the worst teams I have seen so far this season.
Just Back on the Tube on 10:16 - Aug 31 with 2733 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Yes, it's extraordinary. No disrespect to him but he has looked such a lackadaisical player in the past. He played well on Saturday but seeing him up close last night I couldn't believe the amount of running, pressing and tackling he was doing. Whatever Beale is doing, it's working.
Just Back on the Tube on 11:52 - Aug 31 with 2504 viewsterryb

Of course Chair & Willock were outstanding, with Dozell & johansen not far behind them, but what I liked the most (apart from three points) were the two full backs.

The best Rangers sides have had two players in these positions that were good, very good, & Laird & Paal looked as if they are up there as well.

Three great goals, but the second was a thing of beauty & my favourite. A real team goal with great passing, ending with the left back setting up the right back for the goal. Magic!

Ethan Laird looks to me like our best right back since Kyle Walker. Is he meant to be here for the season or just till January?
Just Back on the Tube on 12:06 - Aug 31 with 2415 viewsDejR_vu

Superb last night. Shows how good we can be when we have our best players available. The challenge will be coping when one or two are missing, as we found out last year.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Just Back on the Tube on 12:11 - Aug 31 with 2357 viewsQPR_Hibs

Just Back on the Tube on 11:52 - Aug 31 by terryb

Of course Chair & Willock were outstanding, with Dozell & johansen not far behind them, but what I liked the most (apart from three points) were the two full backs.

The best Rangers sides have had two players in these positions that were good, very good, & Laird & Paal looked as if they are up there as well.

Three great goals, but the second was a thing of beauty & my favourite. A real team goal with great passing, ending with the left back setting up the right back for the goal. Magic!

Ethan Laird looks to me like our best right back since Kyle Walker. Is he meant to be here for the season or just till January?

This says season long loan. I guess there is a recall period in January but if he is getting game time with us, why would they recall him?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62548659

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024