Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Played for both 16:58 - Sep 13 with 2746 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/features/played-for-both-millwall-130922/

Check out the info on Barry Bridges.
Played for both on 17:08 - Sep 13 with 1910 viewsdaveB

Did well to play in the final considering he didn't join for another year
Played for both on 17:40 - Sep 13 with 1856 viewspaulparker

Ian Dawes ( never should have sold him )
Mark Falco
Jimmy Carter
Off the top of my head

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Played for both on 17:48 - Sep 13 with 1842 viewsR_from_afar

Big posh Matt Smith

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Played for both on 18:07 - Sep 13 with 1814 viewsDWQPR

Nice to see that they described North Battersea as ‘southwest London side’.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Played for both on 18:15 - Sep 13 with 1798 viewsDiscodroids

I remember a player called Dean Neal who i'm sure was promoted from the youth team to replace the chasm left by Allen And Goddard.

If my memeory serves, i think he started off like a Train scoring freely then the goals dried up and he was shipped out after a seson. I know he was thought of highly at millwall scoring with regularity.

One of my favourIte ever players at QPR , Ian Stewart was at mllwall for a spell too.

Agree PP . What a tidy player Dawsy was. Magic.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 18:24]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Played for both on 18:26 - Sep 13 with 1776 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jeffrey Archer or whatever that keepers name is.
Played for both on 18:30 - Sep 13 with 1767 viewsDiscodroids

Played for both on 18:26 - Sep 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Jeffrey Archer or whatever that keepers name is.

I can't believe i've laughed out loud to your last two posts.

I must be getting soft in me old age.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Played for both on 18:46 - Sep 13 with 1738 viewsCamberleyR

Tony Roberts
Gary Waddock

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Played for both on 18:51 - Sep 13 with 1731 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Played for both on 18:30 - Sep 13 by Discodroids

I can't believe i've laughed out loud to your last two posts.

I must be getting soft in me old age.

It’s not good news for you that’s for sure!
Played for both on 18:56 - Sep 13 with 1724 viewsflynnbo

Played for both on 18:15 - Sep 13 by Discodroids

I remember a player called Dean Neal who i'm sure was promoted from the youth team to replace the chasm left by Allen And Goddard.

If my memeory serves, i think he started off like a Train scoring freely then the goals dried up and he was shipped out after a seson. I know he was thought of highly at millwall scoring with regularity.

One of my favourIte ever players at QPR , Ian Stewart was at mllwall for a spell too.

I remember Dean Neal. Thought he was very good.
Played for both on 20:35 - Sep 13 with 1660 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

John Byrne

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Played for both on 20:42 - Sep 13 with 1644 viewspaulparker

Never saw Dawes play a bad game for Rangers , it’s been 35 years and I’m still struggling to work out why anyone thought Dennis was the better full back

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Played for both on 20:45 - Sep 13 with 1640 viewspaulparker

Talking of Goddard & Allen they also played for Millwall
I remember Goddard used to get pelters the short time he was there

Played for both on 20:46 - Sep 13 with 1641 viewsqpr_1968

one of my favourites that put a qpr shirt on was ian stewart.

i've got a great photo of him presenting my mum with a £1,000 cheque, back in 1982 on the pitch at half time.
the photo was in the programme either against barnsley, or we'd played barnsley that day, and was in another programme later, will have to check it out.

small mention for gordon hill.....back on subject.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Played for both on 06:10 - Sep 14 with 1500 viewsNorthLondonR

Second fastest footballer on earth... Tony Witter
Played for both on 06:11 - Sep 14 with 1499 viewsDiscodroids

Played for both on 20:46 - Sep 13 by qpr_1968

one of my favourites that put a qpr shirt on was ian stewart.

i've got a great photo of him presenting my mum with a £1,000 cheque, back in 1982 on the pitch at half time.
the photo was in the programme either against barnsley, or we'd played barnsley that day, and was in another programme later, will have to check it out.

small mention for gordon hill.....back on subject.

what a lovely story. I'd Love to see the Picture. £1000 as well! , that must be at least 3 or 4 grand now in todays terms.

I went crazy when Stewart Scored the Winner for Northern Ireland against West Germany back in '82 in the World cup Qualifiers

Just look at this German Line up they beat Unbelivable!. imo that must be one of the strongest international teams i've ever seen committed to paper. More or less the side that went on to the'82 final against Italy. The Irish must have played like Devils that night.

Harald Schumacher
Hans Peter Briegel
Bernd Förster
Manfred Kaltz
Ulrich Stielike
Gerhard Strack
rPierre Littbarski
Lothar Matthäus
Bernd Schuster
Klaus Allofs
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge (captain)

As you say, back on topic With Gordon Hill , A a kid i was excited when we signed him, Much like the Andy king Signing, Sadly both never played anywhere near their true potential here.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2022 6:21]

Played for both on 06:19 - Sep 14 with 1490 viewsDiscodroids

Played for both on 18:56 - Sep 13 by flynnbo

I remember Dean Neal. Thought he was very good.

Did you ever see him play? I've never met a QPR fan who did.

Before the internet, i was convinced i had conjured his existence up in my distorted imagination during a bout of Scarlet Fever in my teens.

Played for both on 06:40 - Sep 14 with 1477 viewslightwaterhoop

Marc Bircham of course.He's even got a Lion tatoo on his arm!
Played for both on 06:43 - Sep 14 with 1475 viewsDorse

Played for both on 06:40 - Sep 14 by lightwaterhoop

Marc Bircham of course.He's even got a Lion tatoo on his arm!

Bastard. He told me it was Jude the Cat.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Played for both on 07:00 - Sep 14 with 1459 viewsNorthernr

You know we carry a full list of these in this column right...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58518/wegerle-bark
Played for both on 07:08 - Sep 14 with 1447 viewsDiscodroids

Played for both on 07:00 - Sep 14 by Northernr

You know we carry a full list of these in this column right...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58518/wegerle-bark

I can't see Dean Neal in that list!

Played for both on 07:10 - Sep 14 with 1443 viewsNorthernr

Played for both on 07:08 - Sep 14 by Discodroids

I can't see Dean Neal in that list!

You can now
Played for both on 07:20 - Sep 14 with 1427 viewssilverbirch

Played for both on 06:19 - Sep 14 by Discodroids

Did you ever see him play? I've never met a QPR fan who did.

Before the internet, i was convinced i had conjured his existence up in my distorted imagination during a bout of Scarlet Fever in my teens.

When I was a lad, it seemed we beat each of the Bristol clubs 4-0 each year. Pretty sure I saw dean get a brace in one of the thrashings inflicted upon city.
Also, I remember the odd trivial newspaper article about the Rs (probably due to having kept a scrap book at the time). Dean was the subject of one of them (from the Daily Mail!), which said some people had thought he was the best of the three (Allen, Goddard and him) as a youth player but injuries had delayed his development. I was excited at the time, too naive to realise it was probably just PR from the club, trying to appease the fans after selling A and G.
Played for both on 07:43 - Sep 14 with 1405 viewsDiscodroids

Played for both on 07:20 - Sep 14 by silverbirch

When I was a lad, it seemed we beat each of the Bristol clubs 4-0 each year. Pretty sure I saw dean get a brace in one of the thrashings inflicted upon city.
Also, I remember the odd trivial newspaper article about the Rs (probably due to having kept a scrap book at the time). Dean was the subject of one of them (from the Daily Mail!), which said some people had thought he was the best of the three (Allen, Goddard and him) as a youth player but injuries had delayed his development. I was excited at the time, too naive to realise it was probably just PR from the club, trying to appease the fans after selling A and G.

Thanks for those interesting memories mate, I kept a QPR scrap book around that time as well.

I would have been around 12 when he came into the side and do vaguely recall those 4-0 thrashings you mention which i would have recorded in the Daily Mail wall chart stuck with blutak on my bedroom crumbling damp woodchip next to my pin ups of Gary Numan, Chaka Khan and Oscar Goldman.

Dean Neal, Gone but never not forgotten. (Except by Clive!)
[Post edited 14 Sep 2022 8:10]

Played for both on 07:46 - Sep 14 with 1394 viewsSydneyRs

Played for both on 20:42 - Sep 13 by paulparker

Never saw Dawes play a bad game for Rangers , it’s been 35 years and I’m still struggling to work out why anyone thought Dennis was the better full back

For a start Dawes could reasonably be expected to be on the field for the full game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024