Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How to support the club, rock the ground with noise even if they play poorly!! 01:45 - May 11 with 1209 viewsJules4367

I know that I often talk (or write) bollocks - people are happy to inform me of such and on average I say they are probably right 51% of the time...but this means that 49% of the time it isn't and perhaps, somewhere there is some sense or at least something which may spark an idea to help the team somehow. (I've already lost some of you I know!!)

But please bear with me...I posted this at the bottom of another thread and yet think something below might not be crap... or boring - I might be wrong!

(i) If we are going there to support the club, then we have to support them when they are playing crap (and man, were they crap at times this year) just as much as when they are playing well. Booing them and chanting 'not fit to wear the hoops' gives the other team and its supporters the boost but the numpties leading the chants don't seem to have the wherewithal to understand this.
(2) The same applies to telling the ref or assistant that 'they are another shit ref' isn't going to suddenly make the guy in the middle change and at best, he'll still award things against us and at worst, if we get an opportunity- he conveniently won't see it - the Dickie push on Monday is an example of that! But same old crap chants before and after! I understand the emotion but the sound of such chanting does nothing than to reinforce the feelings of the players that they are playing against 15 men!
(3) It is clear that a lot of home supporters in Stanley Bowles, The Loft AND South Africa Road stand don't bother chanting. They cannot be bothered. No idea why but they don't!
(4) If we want to make our voices heard, why cannot the club, knowing that few days before a home match that tickets are not sold out, release the lower school tier to local schools (perhaps they do) at say a £1 per ticket. The club may argue against this on safety grounds and people dropping things from the upper tier, but then why give away supporters the WHOLE of the upper tier? Why not force them into a corner (upper and lower) so there support is NOT across the whole of the width of the pitch but solely in one corner? Other teams do this...why not us?

Yes, we can make home a fortress but it needs a number of things to happen on the pitch, in the club's ticket office but mainly in the minds and understanding of those leading the chants.

Telling a ref or the players they are crap may make you feel better but it will never improve their performance (If someone told you, that you were shit, would you suddenly play or referee better?? No- then think about it!)

Find some new chants, one for each player we get or field and make them feel wanted and want to impress.

Yes - I know what's coming after this post. A number of you will say that I am talking bollocks and I have to accept and acknowledge that, perhaps I am. But then aren't any of you who sing ' we're the finest football team, the world has ever seen!' also singing a load of old tosh too?! Perhaps you just can't see it!

Please....find some chants that support the team, that get everyone involved, do something 'unique' !! The whole stadium on Monday stood and clapped for the the young lad Teddy for a whole minute.

Imagine how away supporters/players and then our players would feel if - every 10 minutes we stood and just clapped and cheered AS ONE - the WHOLE GROUND - the sound would go across the pitch our players would be boosted and their team might find it disconcerting!

But this is probably me just talking bollocks again! But I tried!
[Post edited 11 May 2023 1:57]
How to support the club, rock the ground with noise even if they play poorly!! on 02:48 - May 11 with 1109 viewsLowerloftLad

The refs and linos are being told there crap by managers, players and fans from the other 23 clubs in the league aswell. This is because 95% of them have been crap.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

How to support the club, rock the ground with noise even if they play poorly!! on 06:55 - May 11 with 1014 viewsDorse

All my suggestions regarding coordinated armpit flatulence fell on deaf ears. As did my idea about replacing chanting / singing with mime.

(Edit: laughing at my own jokes here. Just pictured the entire Loft miming 'the referee's a wänker' or doing Pigbag in complete silence)
[Post edited 11 May 2023 6:58]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

How to support the club, rock the ground with noise even if they play poorly!! on 07:40 - May 11 with 975 viewsSK_hoops

It's almost impossible to avoid shouting at the ref at times though. Think of Stroud at his worst.
How to support the club, rock the ground with noise even if they play poorly!! on 12:06 - May 11 with 874 viewsthemodfather

well i thought last monday v brizzle was a flat balloon. hardly a chant and hardly room in the bars at half time! anything that lifts the place would do. a win helps.
How to support the club, rock the ground with noise even if they play poorly!! on 13:27 - May 11 with 803 viewsBenny_the_Ball

One thing that can't really be faulted this season is the support. The supporters have rallied around their team despite being served up slop from late October onwards. Over 17k in attendance for a meaningless final game during which QPR predictably fell to a record 12th home defeat says it all really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024