Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction 14:38 - May 12 with 1899 viewsNorthernr

Parish Noticeboard - Birmingham have been up to stuff again.

Last summer the club was de facto being run by Charlton's own Matt Southall and his gang of twts without ever actually being sold to them - so no proof of funds (which they didn't have), no fit and proper owner test (haha), no nothing. They just gave them the keys, let them negotiate some transfers, let them taker some consultancy fees out of it, without ever actually selling the club to them just under the promise that eventualkly they would obviously be buying it. Of course, when the time came for money change hands, Matt Southall did what Matt Southall does and the whole deal fell apart.

The EFL are, understandably, jolly cross about all of this. So cross in fact, that 12 months later, they have handed down the ultimate deterant against this ever happening again - a two point deduction, suspended for 12 months.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-statement-birmingham-city
Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 14:40 - May 12 with 1884 viewsdmm

What is the actual f'ing point of that? Pathetic.
Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 14:55 - May 12 with 1792 viewsloftus77

Yes - I saw this.

Not that I have much sympathy, but I do wonder how Reading will feel about this?

Different 'crime' I know, but were their misdemeanours much worse than Brum's in reality?
Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 15:00 - May 12 with 1744 viewskensalriser

That'll learn 'em, the cads.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 15:01 - May 12 with 1733 viewsHarbour

That could be the 2 points we need next may!!
Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 15:09 - May 12 with 1677 viewsSheffieldHoop

Laurence Bassini waiting in the wings. God help them.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 15:10 - May 12 with 1677 viewsPhildo

I would take a 2 point deduction to let somebody competent run the place for the next few months?
Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 15:13 - May 12 with 1662 viewsted_hendrix

Excuse my Ignorance but Is this not sort of old news? In fact I was under the impression they were going to get a points deduction the season that has just ended.

Have the cretins from the EFL just woken up after their afternoon nap?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 15:16 - May 12 with 1635 viewscolinallcars

I'd appeal if I were them.
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 15:42 - May 12 with 1545 viewsNorthernr

Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 15:13 - May 12 by ted_hendrix

Excuse my Ignorance but Is this not sort of old news? In fact I was under the impression they were going to get a points deduction the season that has just ended.

Have the cretins from the EFL just woken up after their afternoon nap?

Yup.
Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 15:56 - May 12 with 1480 viewsbosh67

The EFL have got a little soft in their old age. Chucking Luton out the league and loading us with the national debt of Cuba seem to be things of the past. This seems to be a suspended fine for a kind of 'bring your lunatic to work' scheme.

There have been rumours that we'll cop a points deduction if we can't make our accounts work next year but the club has been very astute in circumnavigating any possible deduction by the team deducting roughly 60 points off itself every time it took to the pitch over the second half of this last season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 16:06 - May 12 with 1435 viewsHAYESBOY

They wont do that again...........well, not for 12 months anyway.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Birmingham (again) - suspended 2 point deduction on 16:09 - May 12 with 1417 viewsToast_R

This has all got to change, you can't have a football league where every season teams are getting points deducted at random times during the season. Making the competition a complete farce. It's the fans that suffer most in the long run when none of it is their fault.

FFP hasn't worked really has it?
Mainly because the EFL haven't the balls to implement it and the tale tends to wag the dog in most the cases they try to take action on. Derby not submitting their accounts for months one example.
Get rid of it now I say.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 16:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024