Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting Day 01:02 - Jun 25 with 1299 viewsBoston

...for me.

Went on a tour of Fenway Park, done it before some 25 plus years ago, but there's been tons of work on the place in the last couple of decades so decided to have a gander without the crowds. Well worth a wander around.
Didn't know there was gig there this evening, they had all the stage stuff going on within the ground, fun times, took me back a bit. Anyway, from the rear of one of the stands I'd spotted an open air market pitched on a side street, interest peaked I popped over after the stadium jaunt for a looksee. Turns out it was hemp festival (etc), maaahn, the band playing tonight is whatever remains of the Grateful Dead and the market was their followers capitalist entourage plying tie dye tee shirts, handmade crafts, bongs and a multitude of mind altering souvenirs. First time for 45 years I've been the 'wierdo' because of the clothes I wore!
Moving on, I headed toward the Boston Common, which appeared more crowded than usual, a rhythmic chanting pulling me on toward whatever was the centre of attraction. Low and behold, the crowd was either watching or actively pulling / pushing an enormous (rickity), wheeled carriage with what looked like a shaven headed, saffron robed group of Tibetan old age pensioners onboard. Unbelievably I'd stumbled from a drug induced group of hand made clothes wearing whirling dervishes to a festival welcoming the Hare, Hare Krishna...though having a few recordings by George Harrison, I actually knew the words to this group. Quick pit stop for a veggie snack, I then headed on to a sanctuary for weary business men, The Tam, one of my preferred watering holes in Boston, where safely ensconced at the bar we were able to catch the last few innings from Stratford and tried(unsuccessfully), to recognize Thame, but all those Britishers look alike to me.
From there we meandered our way, via the Michael Jackson impersonators at Fanuel Hall, to the Green Dragon for Irish curry and rice. This delicacy, with more beers, led me to an attack of the farts, so in the interest of everyone's health I've got a cab home.

[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 1:20]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Interesting Day on 04:58 - Jun 25 with 1182 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Has to be in the running for post of the year here Boston certainly more interesting that the Transfer Thread with our lack of deals .Do you mean Indian curry or really the Irish version with half rice and half fries .
Interesting Day on 09:53 - Jun 25 with 1044 viewshantssi

Got hopelessly lost coming out of Fenway Park, had to ask a couple for directions ended up at Fenway station which was unexpectedly tiny compared to Kenmore, very odd!!
Interesting Day on 14:56 - Jun 25 with 883 viewsBoston

Interesting Day on 09:53 - Jun 25 by hantssi

Got hopelessly lost coming out of Fenway Park, had to ask a couple for directions ended up at Fenway station which was unexpectedly tiny compared to Kenmore, very odd!!

Barring Red Sox games, it is a lightly used station. I cross the bridge overhead most days, rarely see half a dozen people on the platform.

Interesting Day on 15:27 - Jun 25 with 856 viewsBoston

Interesting Day on 04:58 - Jun 25 by CLAREMAN1995

Has to be in the running for post of the year here Boston certainly more interesting that the Transfer Thread with our lack of deals .Do you mean Indian curry or really the Irish version with half rice and half fries .

Irish Curry (known to many as the 'three in one') - no fries though, chicken and rice. Eat with a spoon, delicious with beer.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 17:09]

Interesting Day on 15:47 - Jun 27 with 606 viewsqpr1976

Interesting Day on 14:56 - Jun 25 by Boston

Barring Red Sox games, it is a lightly used station. I cross the bridge overhead most days, rarely see half a dozen people on the platform.

Baseball (Rounders) isn’t my favourite of the 4 main US Sports, more a fan of NFL & NHL. However, on my visits, I have enjoyed games at Yankee Stadium & Wrigley Field, so it feels like I need to visit Fenway Park to complete the Big 3. We’re planning a Boston & Montreal trip in the next year, so will try to coincide with a game. The Tam eh ?….. is that close to FP ?
(I Loved Cheers as a programme, but suspect the Bar in Boston is a let down ?)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024