Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
management 22:57 - Jun 30 with 4089 viewsdigswellhoop

we've have Gareth how about we brihng a a warnok type to assist him like crystal Palace hodgeson as no1 then mould to the club
management on 08:25 - Jul 1 with 2854 viewsE15Hoop

No need for that, Digs, and I seriously doubt GA would be happy about that, given what he achieved in 13 years at Wycombe.

Too many people on this site underestimate what GA and Dobbo can do, but I hope that the signings of Smyth and Larkeche - two young men with energy, pace and hunger - plus getting rid already of some of the non-performers from last year, is beginning to give the doubters a bit more of an understanding about what they have in mind.

GA has a clear vision of what he's looking to do. Of course we don't know the full story about what made Les Ferdinand decide to resign, but you have to think that there was some kind of disagreement between him and GA that was the final straw, despite what they were both saying publicly.

To my mind that shows that GA is certainly not afraid to fight for what he believes the club should be doing, so whoever they appoint as LF's successor (if they do indeed stick with the DoF model at all) is going to have to be aligned with that vision to avoid a destructive clash.
management on 08:46 - Jul 1 with 2793 viewsPunteR

management on 08:25 - Jul 1 by E15Hoop

No need for that, Digs, and I seriously doubt GA would be happy about that, given what he achieved in 13 years at Wycombe.

Too many people on this site underestimate what GA and Dobbo can do, but I hope that the signings of Smyth and Larkeche - two young men with energy, pace and hunger - plus getting rid already of some of the non-performers from last year, is beginning to give the doubters a bit more of an understanding about what they have in mind.

GA has a clear vision of what he's looking to do. Of course we don't know the full story about what made Les Ferdinand decide to resign, but you have to think that there was some kind of disagreement between him and GA that was the final straw, despite what they were both saying publicly.

To my mind that shows that GA is certainly not afraid to fight for what he believes the club should be doing, so whoever they appoint as LF's successor (if they do indeed stick with the DoF model at all) is going to have to be aligned with that vision to avoid a destructive clash.

so we have to get a director of football that just agrees with Gareth Ainsworth?

Serious question. Are you Gareth Ainsworth?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 8:47]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

management on 09:03 - Jul 1 with 2737 viewsE15Hoop

management on 08:46 - Jul 1 by PunteR

so we have to get a director of football that just agrees with Gareth Ainsworth?

Serious question. Are you Gareth Ainsworth?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 8:47]

Answer to Question 2 is "No", and just because you're stuck in your little myopic trench, my friend, does not mean that everyone who disagrees with you is stupid (which appears to be your particular viewpoint).

Answer to Question 1 is obvious. The DoF and Head Coach HAVE to be on the same page in this model that we have. That is just logical common sense. Ultimately the DoF's purpose (as stated repeatedly by Les Ferdinand himself, in fact) is to faciliate what the Head Coach needs to be successful. If the DoF does not believe that he can deliver that - for whatever reason - then it's time for him to move on. Simples.
management on 09:50 - Jul 1 with 2620 viewsPunteR

management on 09:03 - Jul 1 by E15Hoop

Answer to Question 2 is "No", and just because you're stuck in your little myopic trench, my friend, does not mean that everyone who disagrees with you is stupid (which appears to be your particular viewpoint).

Answer to Question 1 is obvious. The DoF and Head Coach HAVE to be on the same page in this model that we have. That is just logical common sense. Ultimately the DoF's purpose (as stated repeatedly by Les Ferdinand himself, in fact) is to faciliate what the Head Coach needs to be successful. If the DoF does not believe that he can deliver that - for whatever reason - then it's time for him to move on. Simples.

It's too early for this on my day off.
Have a good weekend.

management on 10:25 - Jul 1 with 2541 viewsE15Hoop

management on 09:50 - Jul 1 by PunteR

It's too early for this on my day off.
Have a good weekend.

You mean you've suddenly realised that I might actually have a point..
Whichever side of the fence you reside, I don't think anyone can seriously argue with the logic behind the two signings we've made so far. They tick all the boxes, don't they, espcially given the financial constraints we're working under?
Relax and be happy, my friend, it's going to be OK..maybe not top 6 OK, but OK-OK..
management on 13:05 - Jul 1 with 2436 viewsfrancisbowles

management on 10:25 - Jul 1 by E15Hoop

You mean you've suddenly realised that I might actually have a point..
Whichever side of the fence you reside, I don't think anyone can seriously argue with the logic behind the two signings we've made so far. They tick all the boxes, don't they, espcially given the financial constraints we're working under?
Relax and be happy, my friend, it's going to be OK..maybe not top 6 OK, but OK-OK..

E15Hoop whilst I agree with some of your comments and empathise with others, you are hyping the positive.

The signings so far are potentially good but unproven at this level.
There are still considerable in and outs to go, before the start of the season and onto the end of August. I don't think we will know the complete make up of the squad until then.

We have a very difficult start and I will be pleased with any points we manage to collect in the opening month.

Do yourself a favour, take of the rose tinted specs and have a more realistic appraisal of where we are. It is not a time to relax, we need to keep in mind that it is likely to be a very difficult season and temper our expectations accordingly. You'll probably feel better for it as you will attract a less hostile reception to your views.

U Rrrrrrs
management on 13:17 - Jul 1 with 2404 viewsE15Hoop

management on 13:05 - Jul 1 by francisbowles

E15Hoop whilst I agree with some of your comments and empathise with others, you are hyping the positive.

There are still considerable in and outs to go, before the start of the season and onto the end of August. I don't think we will know the complete make up of the squad until then.

We have a very difficult start and I will be pleased with any points we manage to collect in the opening month.

Do yourself a favour, take of the rose tinted specs and have a more realistic appraisal of where we are. It is not a time to relax, we need to keep in mind that it is likely to be a very difficult season and temper our expectations accordingly. You'll probably feel better for it as you will attract a less hostile reception to your views.

U Rrrrrrs

Thanks for the suggestion, FB, but I believe I'm being perfectly realistic.
We have a management team who know how to pull a squad together and consistently exceed expectations. They've done it on a budget which probably makes the one they've got here seem like winning the lottery.
They have a clear vision of what they're looking to achieve, and now its begnining to look clearer to everyone what that's going to look like. I don't see anything to get upset about, to be honest.
Don't forget that a fair number of the other squads in the division have got similar levels of turbulence and squad turnover to deal with. Message boards the length and breadth of the country are awash with very similar discussions to the one we're having
management on 13:51 - Jul 1 with 2344 viewsfrancisbowles

management on 13:17 - Jul 1 by E15Hoop

Thanks for the suggestion, FB, but I believe I'm being perfectly realistic.
We have a management team who know how to pull a squad together and consistently exceed expectations. They've done it on a budget which probably makes the one they've got here seem like winning the lottery.
They have a clear vision of what they're looking to achieve, and now its begnining to look clearer to everyone what that's going to look like. I don't see anything to get upset about, to be honest.
Don't forget that a fair number of the other squads in the division have got similar levels of turbulence and squad turnover to deal with. Message boards the length and breadth of the country are awash with very similar discussions to the one we're having

I have faith in what they are trying to do but let's not forget, it may not work. It didn't always work at WW and the budget here is the tightest it's been for many years, especially relevant to the division we are in. Correct me if I'm wrong but, he had the backing of everyone at the club. The situation here is quite different. Our owners and fans are a less patient lot. Many are already against him for the perceived style of football and a poor start will quickly turn toxic.
Login to get fewer ads

management on 14:04 - Jul 1 with 2315 viewsE15Hoop

management on 13:51 - Jul 1 by francisbowles

I have faith in what they are trying to do but let's not forget, it may not work. It didn't always work at WW and the budget here is the tightest it's been for many years, especially relevant to the division we are in. Correct me if I'm wrong but, he had the backing of everyone at the club. The situation here is quite different. Our owners and fans are a less patient lot. Many are already against him for the perceived style of football and a poor start will quickly turn toxic.

I think they're both perfectly aware of what they've walked into, and let's be honest, we'd be saying exactly the same things regardless of who the management team was.

I think many fans of all clubs lose themselves in their own bubble, The truth is never as extreme as many fans seem to believe it is, and I have to say I think R's fans in general are particulalry guilty of carrying an unnecessary level of pessimism. Been the same for as long as I can remember - this past season has been no different to many others in that particular regard.
management on 16:12 - Jul 1 with 2137 viewsbosh67

I'd like to see Kevin Gallen brought in to coach the forwards and even the forward running midfielders as he played both positions for us. That would be a very good backroom staff move.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

management on 16:25 - Jul 1 with 2100 viewswesty

management on 16:12 - Jul 1 by bosh67

I'd like to see Kevin Gallen brought in to coach the forwards and even the forward running midfielders as he played both positions for us. That would be a very good backroom staff move.

Kevin Toxic Gallen. No thanks 👍
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 16:25]
management on 16:35 - Jul 1 with 2059 viewswesty

management on 13:05 - Jul 1 by francisbowles

U Rrrrrrs

Tbf the rose tinted specs belong to the deluded fans who seem to think QPR are the Barca of the championship. With an unrealistic vision of a perceived style of play that they imply GA implements. I think E15 is one of the few on here who is very realistic as to where we are as a club and he champions that approach accordingly. Rather be a glass half full anytime.
I personally think with more additions of players who actually want to be at the club regardless of where they’ve come from will be very beneficial and GA and his staff given time will get the best out of them.
Who knows if that will be quick enough for the masses only time will tell but in the meantime let’s look forward to the season ahead
management on 17:34 - Jul 1 with 1971 viewsE15Hoop

management on 16:35 - Jul 1 by westy

Tbf the rose tinted specs belong to the deluded fans who seem to think QPR are the Barca of the championship. With an unrealistic vision of a perceived style of play that they imply GA implements. I think E15 is one of the few on here who is very realistic as to where we are as a club and he champions that approach accordingly. Rather be a glass half full anytime.
I personally think with more additions of players who actually want to be at the club regardless of where they’ve come from will be very beneficial and GA and his staff given time will get the best out of them.
Who knows if that will be quick enough for the masses only time will tell but in the meantime let’s look forward to the season ahead

Amen, Partner - well said and thank you.
management on 17:46 - Jul 1 with 1916 viewsDavieQPR

We also have to remember GA's style didn't work at any time he was managing in the Championship. That's what worries me.
management on 17:48 - Jul 1 with 1908 viewsstainrods_elbow

With LF's departure, the DoF 'model' should be junked. It hasn't worked at QPR, palpably, so why would that necessarily change if he's replaced? The only pity is that Belk, Ramsey and their consistently failing colleagues haven't followed him out the door.

Meanwhile, there's no doubt going to be a lot of pressure on Ainsworth's and Dobson's shoulders, so let's hope they'll thrive on it.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

management on 18:08 - Jul 1 with 1867 viewsSakura

management on 17:48 - Jul 1 by stainrods_elbow

With LF's departure, the DoF 'model' should be junked. It hasn't worked at QPR, palpably, so why would that necessarily change if he's replaced? The only pity is that Belk, Ramsey and their consistently failing colleagues haven't followed him out the door.

Meanwhile, there's no doubt going to be a lot of pressure on Ainsworth's and Dobson's shoulders, so let's hope they'll thrive on it.

I agree. I don’t understand what value add that having a DoF would add in the context of us deciding instead to back GA. If he stays 5+ years what value does it really bring. Imagine Les had decided to stay on, can anyone explain what value you would expect that to add?

Just give GA some targets/requirements for ages of signings /squad

Another part I find inconsistent in the logic of those most vocal of the need for a DoF is they are also the most vocal about their dogmatic insistence that we have no money.

Les was on £250k allegedly. If we were to pay Steve Gallen out of his contract then give him a similar salary. You are looking at towards £500k to get him in

As the 23/24 year of accounts are the last year before the blow out 21/22 Warburton season £24.7m loss affects us. Can you really justify that expense (close to the fee we received for Dickie) rather than just backing GA for the long term
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 18:13]
management on 18:23 - Jul 1 with 1821 viewsPunteR

Are you getting a nosh from Westy E15?
Serious question.

management on 18:43 - Jul 1 with 1776 viewsE15Hoop

management on 18:23 - Jul 1 by PunteR

Serious question.

You really have run out of anything worthwhile to contribute to this discussion and probably any other, haven't you..
management on 19:01 - Jul 1 with 1720 viewsE15Hoop

management on 17:46 - Jul 1 by DavieQPR

We also have to remember GA's style didn't work at any time he was managing in the Championship. That's what worries me.

Well he's managed to keep us in this division when we looked dead and buried - does that not count as a success?
Do you have anything against the two signings we've made so far, and the fact that Dykes has signed a new contract? Presumably these players feel reassured enough to commit their futures to the club knowing what they're going to be working with.
Don't forget that the Wycombe squad he got promoted to the Championship were bookies favourites to get relegated to League Two, so is it fair to compare them with what we will hopefully have at our disposal this season?
management on 19:09 - Jul 1 with 1704 viewswesty

management on 18:23 - Jul 1 by PunteR

Serious question.

Oh dear. I remember the after affects of my first shandy. Sleep it off sweet cheeks, have a bacon sarnie when you wake up and all will seem normal again.
You never know you may even grow into a lager with a large top.
Wouldn’t that be an achievement 🙈
management on 19:09 - Jul 1 with 1700 viewswesty

management on 18:08 - Jul 1 by Sakura

I agree. I don’t understand what value add that having a DoF would add in the context of us deciding instead to back GA. If he stays 5+ years what value does it really bring. Imagine Les had decided to stay on, can anyone explain what value you would expect that to add?

Another part I find inconsistent in the logic of those most vocal of the need for a DoF is they are also the most vocal about their dogmatic insistence that we have no money.

Les was on £250k allegedly. If we were to pay Steve Gallen out of his contract then give him a similar salary. You are looking at towards £500k to get him in

As the 23/24 year of accounts are the last year before the blow out 21/22 Warburton season £24.7m loss affects us. Can you really justify that expense (close to the fee we received for Dickie) rather than just backing GA for the long term

Agree 100%
management on 19:24 - Jul 1 with 1648 viewsQPR_Jim

management on 18:08 - Jul 1 by Sakura

Who's giving GA the target Hoos? And if GA says no I need a 36yo who's played for me before is Hoos again going to win an argument on the footballing side of the business?

Obviously whether you think LF did well depends on how you saw his role, I think he did well initially keeping the team competitive while cutting the budget but less so when he had to push for promotion. I also think he wasn't backed/strong enough when managers disagreed and wanted to bring in their own players.

But you can't guarantee that any manager will stay 5+ years (recent history would suggest it's very unlikely) so a DoF should save you more than 250k a year in the long run on players. It should also provide stability and continuity at the club which has it's own value.

Luton and Millwall are both often cited as examples of clubs of similar size who we should be following and they both have people overseeing this kind of thing rather than putting it all on the manager.
management on 20:18 - Jul 1 with 1558 viewsMatch82

Genuine question: is there any real evidence that being a good player makes you good at teaching others? He was a great player for us, I would have thought his brothers would be better coaches though given their backgrounds and experience.
management on 20:27 - Jul 1 with 1543 viewsdavman

Why?

What possible qualification does Gallen have to do that apart from the fact that he played for QPR and loves the club?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

management on 20:34 - Jul 1 with 1527 viewsdavman

management on 14:04 - Jul 1 by E15Hoop

I think they're both perfectly aware of what they've walked into, and let's be honest, we'd be saying exactly the same things regardless of who the management team was.

I think many fans of all clubs lose themselves in their own bubble, The truth is never as extreme as many fans seem to believe it is, and I have to say I think R's fans in general are particulalry guilty of carrying an unnecessary level of pessimism. Been the same for as long as I can remember - this past season has been no different to many others in that particular regard.

Serious Q though E15 - where do you think we will finish this season?

I like to see positivity in others as I seem devoid of it when it comes to the Rs, but I think you are doing the internet classic of taking an opposing view to the majority and an equally extreme one.

I remain convinced we will be one of the worst teams in the league this season based on the majority of these players capitulating horrendously over the last two seasons. I see very few goals in the squad and a defence that will end up having to rely on the same players, less Dickie, who shipped over 70 goals last season. Dickie will be replaced by Gubbins as things stand and it looks like Seny will be on his way.

Yes, its early days, but unless we see another 10 players of first team quality in the next six weeks, I cannot see anything but 24th in this league.

How do you see the rest of the window, pre-season and then the season panning out?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024