Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth Metro Interview 17:45 - Aug 9 with 4082 viewsQPRSteve

https://metro.co.uk/2023/08/09/gareth-ainsworth-insists-qpr-should-never-be-writ

Q. Will you be able to add any new signings during the remainder of the transfer window?

A."I want four, five, six, seven players in who might make a difference. We have super talent here that just needs that experience and leadership alongside it."

A lot different fro one or two more players coming in.
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 18:00 - Aug 9 with 3941 viewsdmm

He certainly seems to think a player/players will be departing.
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 18:51 - Aug 9 with 3775 viewsCateLeBonR

"I know exactly the fans’ pressures and am under no illusions about being bulletproof. It’s up to me to motivate the staff and the players."

Sounds like keeping the fans happy isn't top of his priority list.
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 18:58 - Aug 9 with 3733 viewsE15Hoop

He certainly comes across as much more clear-thinking in this piece than he did in his post-match interview at the weekend.
If he could learn how to deliver his message in a more concise, direct and confident way, his words would have much more of a positive effect. Watching him around the Haka and in the pre and post-match interviews, his body language betrays lack of confidence and this irritating defeatist mentality.
Contrast that with the On the Mic session on the offish with him on the training ground in Austria, where he told the attacking players in no uncertain terms that we weren't getting in behind teams enough, and you'd struggle to think it was the same person.
Makes me wonder what his pre-match team talks have been like over the last couple of weeks, and also why Dobbo or Paul Hall hasn't pointed this out to him before now.
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 19:03 - Aug 9 with 3694 viewsDavieQPR

What he wants ans what he gets........
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 19:22 - Aug 9 with 3580 viewsSuperhoops2808

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 18:51 - Aug 9 by CateLeBonR

"I know exactly the fans’ pressures and am under no illusions about being bulletproof. It’s up to me to motivate the staff and the players."

Sounds like keeping the fans happy isn't top of his priority list.

Why should he??

Thats half the trouble of the club, trying to keep the fans happy rather than whats best for the club

Logic says, that happy staff and players means better performances, meaning happier fans
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 08:48 - Aug 10 with 3129 viewsnumptydumpty

If he has been quoted correctly and he has said he wants, four, five six , seven more players in this transfer Window, if that's true then he has to sell two or three of our most valuable players and get very large transfer fees for them.

Otherwise with FFP that is not feasible.

I don't understand that comment though as he previously said he hopes to get one or two more signings and that was before Steve Cook coming in.

Suggests he is not thinking straight.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 8:48]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 09:17 - Aug 10 with 3027 viewsQPROslo

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 08:48 - Aug 10 by numptydumpty

If he has been quoted correctly and he has said he wants, four, five six , seven more players in this transfer Window, if that's true then he has to sell two or three of our most valuable players and get very large transfer fees for them.

I don't understand that comment though as he previously said he hopes to get one or two more signings and that was before Steve Cook coming in.

It just confirms you can take what he says one day with a pinch of salt, he'll say something else when it suits him.
What matters is of course what he does in terms of who he is bringing in, moving out, the training, how we play, selecting a squad and the start 11, the tactics, subs and most of all the game results. That's not been at all impressive so far
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 09:31 - Aug 10 with 2976 viewsCateLeBonR

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 09:17 - Aug 10 by QPROslo

It just confirms you can take what he says one day with a pinch of salt, he'll say something else when it suits him.
What matters is of course what he does in terms of who he is bringing in, moving out, the training, how we play, selecting a squad and the start 11, the tactics, subs and most of all the game results. That's not been at all impressive so far

Yeh 3 points against Ipswich next week would be nice.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 10:20 - Aug 10 with 2842 viewsbosh67

I think there must have been some change in the narrative behind the scenes.

1. All summer - work with what you have and out up with it.
2. Now - clearly what you have isn't good enough. How many do you actually need?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 10:32 - Aug 10 with 2784 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 10:20 - Aug 10 by bosh67

2. Now - clearly what you have isn't good enough. How many do you actually need?

Very similar to that McClaren summer, without the money to get players as good as Wells to dig you out of it.

Also McClaren did have people like Manning and BOS he could have used but didn't want to. Ainsworth only has our B Team/Fred Karno's Army.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 11:52 - Aug 10 with 2585 viewshighleverhoopL

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 10:32 - Aug 10 by Northernr

Very similar to that McClaren summer, without the money to get players as good as Wells to dig you out of it.

Also McClaren did have people like Manning and BOS he could have used but didn't want to. Ainsworth only has our B Team/Fred Karno's Army.

This post has been edited by an administrator

"Could have used".....should have used!!

As an aspiring development club actually making good signings and them messing them up is the saddest thing of all- see also Dieng, Dickie,Willock for different reasons.
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 11:54 - Aug 10 with 2566 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 10:20 - Aug 10 by bosh67

Agreed. Clearly a move on behind the scenes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 12:06 - Aug 10 with 2520 viewsJordanFoster

I'm amazed this guy does so much media.

We were battered by Oxford, got embarrassed by Watford and are probably going to lose at the weekend.

But it doesn't seem to slow him down, absolutely loves an interview.
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 13:54 - Aug 10 with 2301 viewsrbee

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 08:48 - Aug 10 by numptydumpty

Great motivation for the current squad. I don't want you here boys but let's give Cardiff a good game.

Gareth should play Willock and tell him that he is in the shop window, go and earn your transfer.
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 13:56 - Aug 10 with 2284 viewsNorthernr

He's changed his mind today, 1 or 2 more apparently.

All over the map.
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 14:02 - Aug 10 with 2256 viewsRangersw12

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 13:56 - Aug 10 by Northernr

He's changed his mind today, 1 or 2 more apparently.

All over the map.

He didn't look healthy on the latest interview on the official site
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 14:09 - Aug 10 with 2214 viewssparkey

Someone please put a muzzle on the bloke. For our sake and his.
Ainsworth Metro Interview on 14:17 - Aug 10 with 2155 viewsAntti_Heinola

If he’s still in charge by 2024 i’ll… well i’ll be really surprised

Bare bones.

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 15:17 - Aug 10 with 2027 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth Metro Interview on 14:17 - Aug 10 by Antti_Heinola

If he’s still in charge by 2024 i’ll… well i’ll be really surprised

are you talking 24 hour clock time or year?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024