Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JCS - player of season…so far 12:46 - Feb 18 with 2914 viewscalHoop

Never thought I’d say it, as he seemed just another one that was bordering on taking the piss out of the club.

But, this season, he’s shown the player he is. Commanding at the back, with an eye for a pass and an even better reader of the game than I ever game him credit for.

Even something as simple as a perfectly timed little nick yesterday sent us on our way for the only goal.

He looks a great influence on the boys too, regularly calling out both good and bad moments. His form over the last couple of months has been so consistently high.

The surprise story of the season. Bound to get injured now.
JCS - player of season…so far on 12:50 - Feb 18 with 2868 viewsLazyFan

It will be Chair, he has kept going despite the pain.
Especially when he came on as a 2nd half-sub and destroyed the oppo to win us the game.

zzzzzzzzzz

JCS - player of season…so far on 12:50 - Feb 18 with 2873 viewsWestonsuperR

He was excellent yesterday and my MOTM. Definitely on the shortlist for player of the year, vital he stays fit, could be the difference to whether we stay up.
JCS - player of season…so far on 13:31 - Feb 18 with 2763 viewsHoopstar

He's been brilliant - and so pleased he's managed to stay fit for the last while. Fingers crossed this continues.

JCS and Cook are the best CB partnership we've had imo since the season when Richard Dunne taught Chief how to keep position properly in the Zamora year.
JCS - player of season…so far on 13:47 - Feb 18 with 2683 viewsbosh67

Credit has to go to the current medical staff and the gaffer for getting him consistently fit this season. He is an excellent CB.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

JCS - player of season…so far on 13:49 - Feb 18 with 2667 viewsrobith

Hes been good....since he's played alongside Cook. Think there's more to that than correlation
JCS - player of season…so far on 14:06 - Feb 18 with 2571 viewsCLAREMAN1995

He might finally lose the nickname Glass Salter with his play this season.
I think its the manager myself influnce myself he pulled up injured a few times yet battled on and more importantly was available for the next game.Before he would go off and we would see him until 5 weeks later.
He is sneaky dirty but has a great ability to plead his innocence to refs and avoind the majority of yellows.
Love the way he throws fcuks into anybody who loses the ball or does no clear it he shows no mercy .
If we stay up he is a massive reason fair plat to him
JCS - player of season…so far on 14:10 - Feb 18 with 2549 viewscolinallcars

I've been scathing about him but more than happy to eat humble pie.
If he can just stay for, what, 13 games, then it'll be a huge boost.
JCS - player of season…so far on 14:23 - Feb 18 with 2511 viewsdaveB

He's been excellent this season, him or Chair for POTY for me
Login to get fewer ads

JCS - player of season…so far on 14:46 - Feb 18 with 2422 viewsThe_Beast1976

JCS - player of season…so far on 14:23 - Feb 18 by daveB

He's been excellent this season, him or Chair for POTY for me

A Rolls Royce of a player when fit. Could sense it in the little glimpses we saw on the rare occasions he was fit to play before Marti arrived, but seeing it properly now
JCS - player of season…so far on 15:30 - Feb 18 with 2328 viewsbaz_qpr

JCS - player of season…so far on 14:46 - Feb 18 by The_Beast1976

A Rolls Royce of a player when fit. Could sense it in the little glimpses we saw on the rare occasions he was fit to play before Marti arrived, but seeing it properly now

Agree if they've got his body and mind fit that is a great job by the staff. Hard to think of a better CB at this level we just take it for granted now 7 or 8 out of 10 every week even when the team is poor
JCS - player of season…so far on 16:14 - Feb 18 with 2197 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's Chair by a mile for me. He'll get a deserved move this summer, so would be a nice way to see him off.
However, if JCS pulls off a miracle and stay fit for a good while, we might get some decent money for him in 18 months.

Bare bones.

JCS - player of season…so far on 17:13 - Feb 18 with 2035 viewsHastings_Hoops

And frankly if we stay up and we get a decent offer for him we MUST sell. His injury record is bound to return if things get tricky for a spell next season so we should sell while his stock is high this
Summer if the price is right.
JCS - player of season…so far on 17:30 - Feb 18 with 1957 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Chair. Never hides, never gives up.
JCS - player of season…so far on 20:40 - Feb 18 with 1713 viewsHunterhoop

Steve Cook. By a long way. Especially when you consider both on and supposedly off the pitch. Would think Cifuentes shares this view.

He has the biggest, most positive influence on the side, results, and individuals around him.
JCS - player of season…so far on 22:38 - Feb 18 with 1599 viewssouthbound_tram

JCS - player of season…so far on 20:40 - Feb 18 by Hunterhoop

Steve Cook. By a long way. Especially when you consider both on and supposedly off the pitch. Would think Cifuentes shares this view.

He has the biggest, most positive influence on the side, results, and individuals around him.

Definitely with you on Cook. Not much of a gap for me between the other two being mentioned here though.

The change in my confidence in our defence due to Cook and JCS clicking, from abject panic to just nervous, has made a big difference to my enjoyment of games.

Not heard much about Cook off the pitch.
JCS - player of season…so far on 22:41 - Feb 18 with 1589 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Clarke-Salter is probably the most talented centre-back we have.
But Cook is the most important.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

JCS - player of season…so far on 22:49 - Feb 18 with 1566 viewssouthbound_tram

JCS - player of season…so far on 22:41 - Feb 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Clarke-Salter is probably the most talented centre-back we have.
But Cook is the most important.

That's a good way to put it :)
JCS - player of season…so far on 22:50 - Feb 18 with 1565 viewsdaveB

JCS - player of season…so far on 20:40 - Feb 18 by Hunterhoop

How different would the last 2 years have been if we signed him in 2022 when he was very close to joining
JCS - player of season…so far on 07:36 - Feb 19 with 1322 viewsMalintabuk

Think it will have to be Chair unless something happens, as he as been ever present this season. An outside shout for me though would be Sam Field, never hid, May not be the most talented player but what a servant to the Club, and that headed clearance alone makes him a contender
Wish there was a man of the season, as that would be Marti, and if we do stay up he deserves the freedom of the Borough.
[Post edited 19 Feb 7:36]
JCS - player of season…so far on 08:30 - Feb 19 with 1242 viewsgazza1

Cook has been massive for us and I would suggest that he is massive 'off the pitch' too. Actually, he should be captain of the side.

Chair is having a decent season too.
JCS - player of season…so far on 13:15 - Feb 19 with 982 viewsaston_hoop

If we had to vote on a POTS now, it would be Chair at number 1 and Cook at number 2. JCS has been really good though.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024