Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. 22:35 - Sep 3 with 1265 viewsGaryPenrice

The most encouraging thing about the City game for me was the way we managed to keep sustained possession in the opposition half after going 2-1 down. I think anyone who has watched us away in the prem, especially after Faurlin's injury, would agree our ball retention has been horrendous at the best of times, particularly in the rare forages we make across the half way line.

You could argue City kept us at arms length and were happy to hit us on the break but they didn't look too comfortable from where I was sitting (in my armchair). Granero and Ale showed flashes of great understanding during their time on the pitch together and it's likely their partnership is going to be crucial to our chances this season. They both know how to keep and use the ball effectively and with the attacking options we now possess out wide and through the middle we have the potential to cause some serious damage this season.

Provided Ale can get back to the level he reached before injury and Granero can adjust to the Prem I honestly believe we may have one of the best midfield pairings outside the top 4. They're both at a great age and still have plenty to prove. Anyone else as excited as me?
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 23:03 - Sep 3 with 1213 viewsPommyhoop

Yes I am.I agree with you.They looked great together seeing as one was returning after a long absence due to injury and the other playing his debut.They are going to be brilliant.
Definately sofened the blow of losing Samba...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 23:09 - Sep 3 with 1202 viewsKiwi76

Midfield definitely looks our strength but key to season is probably either side of them - either getting a back 5 who can keep clean sheets or we start getting some goals from Cisse & Co.
Great effort from Faurlin playing at least 1.5 games inside a week & encouraging debut from Granero - especially set piece delivery. Hopefully more to come from Park and Hoilet as well.
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 02:21 - Sep 4 with 1120 viewsRBlock

You know what struck me about Granero vs Citeh, it was the defensive shift he put in, i regularly saw him tracking back, and he put in a few challenges, closed down the man on the ball. We know Faurlin can do it but to see the supposedly more offensive CM really do his part down the other end was encouraging IMO.
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 03:04 - Sep 4 with 1107 viewsKiwi76

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 02:21 - Sep 4 by RBlock

You know what struck me about Granero vs Citeh, it was the defensive shift he put in, i regularly saw him tracking back, and he put in a few challenges, closed down the man on the ball. We know Faurlin can do it but to see the supposedly more offensive CM really do his part down the other end was encouraging IMO.

Stuff it - we had man love thread on Gino and will keep this one up top for a little longer!
Granero seemed a real team player - also liked Clive's comments on going over to fans...lot to like first time out and lot more to come from midfield I'm sure.
Will leave Dan to gush on Faurlin
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 04:15 - Sep 4 with 1090 viewsSydneyRs

We will come good with these guys in the team. Might take a little time but I'm expecting some great performances as the team settles.
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 08:37 - Sep 4 with 1012 viewssilky

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 03:04 - Sep 4 by Kiwi76

Stuff it - we had man love thread on Gino and will keep this one up top for a little longer!
Granero seemed a real team player - also liked Clive's comments on going over to fans...lot to like first time out and lot more to come from midfield I'm sure.
Will leave Dan to gush on Faurlin

I love him, there I said it.

I love the fact people on here are calling Granero "Granola" Class, that is now his name to me.

Thought he had a brill 1st game for us. Long may it continue, real nice to see classy technical players at QPR been a long time since we had some of those!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 09:25 - Sep 4 with 955 viewssdm1508

My only concern is a lack of speed and power in the middle. Whilst both are good on the ball etc I fear they could get brushed aside. It is a shame that we don't know when Diakite will be back. I think a middle 3 of Faurlin, Granero and Diakite would be immense. I wonder if M'bia can play in the midfield with the other two as Nelson seems to bring more out of whoever is partnering him at the back. On current form I think an Onuoha/Nelson partnership might work if Mbia needs to go in midfield
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 09:32 - Sep 4 with 941 viewssimmo

He came to our club down in Sheperds Bush
Where he plays midfield and his name sounds just like Granola

G R A N Ola

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 09:37 - Sep 4 with 925 viewswestberksr

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 09:25 - Sep 4 by sdm1508

My only concern is a lack of speed and power in the middle. Whilst both are good on the ball etc I fear they could get brushed aside. It is a shame that we don't know when Diakite will be back. I think a middle 3 of Faurlin, Granero and Diakite would be immense. I wonder if M'bia can play in the midfield with the other two as Nelson seems to bring more out of whoever is partnering him at the back. On current form I think an Onuoha/Nelson partnership might work if Mbia needs to go in midfield

Faurlin is tougher than his appearance might look. Very strong in the air and excellent stats for tackling/breaking up opposition play. Hopefully Granero is of the Spanish stock where their lack of stature doesn't stop them dishing it out. All the Barca players will put a shift in and Madrid are the dirtier of the teams; so he should be well versed in the 'dark arts'.

lack of speed will hopefully be compensated for by speed of thought!
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 09:38 - Sep 4 with 918 viewsBluce_Ree

I want to see a few games from them both before I start heaping on the praise.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 09:42 - Sep 4 with 910 viewsloftus77

For me, the key is exactly what Northern picked out in his Man City report - namely, we hope like hell that Granero can inspire his teamates up to his excellent level, rather than him being brought down to theirs. On this, pretty much everything depends IMHO.
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 09:54 - Sep 4 with 877 viewsadhoc_qpr

The key for me is that with Granero, Mbia, Faurlin, Diakite (hopefully), Derry and Park we have the personel to play either 2 man or 3 man midfields effectively.

With Mbia able to play in defence too, Nelsen looking fit and strong (and in no way finished like some said) and Onouha playing reasonably well in the centre the defence - that is looking better as well.

Plus with Granero, Faurlin and Park keeping possession better the defence should be under much less strain!
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 11:06 - Sep 4 with 808 viewsNorthernr

I'm going to come and live on this thread. Compare it to the comments on the match report and it's amazing you're all talking about the same game.

Also, Simmo, that chant is brilliant
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 11:17 - Sep 4 with 781 viewsWestbourneR

So it's only me that finds comments like 'Granero looks class' but 'I am going to wait before I pass judgment'.

This isn't some unknown trialist that we all have to assess. He doesn't look class he IS class. He cost £8 million and he is one of the best young players in Spain.

He has been around for while as a big big talent, played plenty of times for Real. They bought for big money only a couple of years back and there were top English clubs in the mix for his signature.

The fact that no one seems to have heard of him or seen him play is quite weird. But it doesn't mean he is actually an unproven unknown.

Granero is the best player we've had in a long long time and will continue to be so for this season and many after so you can stop worrying.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 11:35 - Sep 4 with 759 viewsJamie

Real paid Getafe €4m to get him back, the same figure were rumoured to have paid for him.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a buyback option in our deal with them.
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 11:53 - Sep 4 with 727 viewssdm1508

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 09:37 - Sep 4 by westberksr

Faurlin is tougher than his appearance might look. Very strong in the air and excellent stats for tackling/breaking up opposition play. Hopefully Granero is of the Spanish stock where their lack of stature doesn't stop them dishing it out. All the Barca players will put a shift in and Madrid are the dirtier of the teams; so he should be well versed in the 'dark arts'.

lack of speed will hopefully be compensated for by speed of thought!

I am not doubting how tough Faurlin is. I just keep thinking back to what Morrison of WBA did to him. We need a mobile midfield when teams play on the counter attack against us. Speed of thought is great but if someone is quicker and stronger that won't always help you.
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 11:59 - Sep 4 with 713 viewsTacticalR

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 11:53 - Sep 4 by sdm1508

I am not doubting how tough Faurlin is. I just keep thinking back to what Morrison of WBA did to him. We need a mobile midfield when teams play on the counter attack against us. Speed of thought is great but if someone is quicker and stronger that won't always help you.

Faurlin isn't foulin'
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=53112

Air hostess clique

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 12:07 - Sep 4 with 694 viewssdm1508

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 11:53 - Sep 4 by sdm1508

This is why I feel that a player like Diakite is so important to us. I believe that Faurlin has the potential to be more of an attacking threat, its just that since he has been with us he has always been put in a defensive position. I would really like to see Faurlin on the edge of the box threading balls through more. I think Granero and Faurlin will really flourish as a midfield pairing if they have the backup of a Diakite type player backing them up. From watching the game against City I think the problem was in the first half we played a static 442. In the 2nd half there was more movement and interchanging. If we are playing a static formation (straight lines) I think you need 3 in the middle as we need at least one athletic player.
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 13:05 - Sep 4 with 618 viewssimmo

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 12:07 - Sep 4 by sdm1508

This is why I feel that a player like Diakite is so important to us. I believe that Faurlin has the potential to be more of an attacking threat, its just that since he has been with us he has always been put in a defensive position. I would really like to see Faurlin on the edge of the box threading balls through more. I think Granero and Faurlin will really flourish as a midfield pairing if they have the backup of a Diakite type player backing them up. From watching the game against City I think the problem was in the first half we played a static 442. In the 2nd half there was more movement and interchanging. If we are playing a static formation (straight lines) I think you need 3 in the middle as we need at least one athletic player.

So what happens when the 'back up' Diakite ghosts past a man and strides forwards as he has been prone to do? Then we get caught on the counter. It is fine if you instruct him to be very disciplined but if you also ask him to be purely a ball winner I can see him smashing disciplinary records (which he may do anyway).

I think he is athletic and should move forwards when he can as well as coming back to defend but still needs that protection himself. Faurlin IMO is a better all round player and just as adept at breaking up play

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 14:52 - Sep 4 with 553 viewssdm1508

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 13:05 - Sep 4 by simmo

So what happens when the 'back up' Diakite ghosts past a man and strides forwards as he has been prone to do? Then we get caught on the counter. It is fine if you instruct him to be very disciplined but if you also ask him to be purely a ball winner I can see him smashing disciplinary records (which he may do anyway).

I think he is athletic and should move forwards when he can as well as coming back to defend but still needs that protection himself. Faurlin IMO is a better all round player and just as adept at breaking up play

I would be very surprised if all three midfield players would be attacking at the same time. I would hope that they would have the tacticle nous that they take it in turns to push on from midfield. If Diakite bursts forward you would hope that either Granero or Faurlin would make the choice between them to have move forward and one sit back. Or both sit back as Diakite goes forward. Also Diakite tends to burst forward from very deep, normally going past his midfield partner(s). If that was the case I think maybe the other two would be furthur enough back to break up any potential threat. If Diakite goes forward I think Faurlin or Granero can hold play up so that people can get back. I have seen Diakite go forward and still manage to get back and help clear things up. I just think we need a dynamic/athletic presence in midfield as well
Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 15:04 - Sep 4 with 542 viewssimmo

Faurlin & Granero hold the key to our season. on 14:52 - Sep 4 by sdm1508

I would be very surprised if all three midfield players would be attacking at the same time. I would hope that they would have the tacticle nous that they take it in turns to push on from midfield. If Diakite bursts forward you would hope that either Granero or Faurlin would make the choice between them to have move forward and one sit back. Or both sit back as Diakite goes forward. Also Diakite tends to burst forward from very deep, normally going past his midfield partner(s). If that was the case I think maybe the other two would be furthur enough back to break up any potential threat. If Diakite goes forward I think Faurlin or Granero can hold play up so that people can get back. I have seen Diakite go forward and still manage to get back and help clear things up. I just think we need a dynamic/athletic presence in midfield as well

Yeah good points and I will go with that, I just think based on erratic choices of challenges and the masses of space we afforded Swansea and Norwich between defence and midfield that Diakite may be slightly short of the discipline. That being said a midfield with those 3 would have everything from breaking legs and beating a man to nutmegs and eye of the needle passing, which can only be a good thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024