Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 08:46 - May 28 with 3503 viewsAustinHarris24

Didn't have the best season but he's only young and will improve, would he be a worthwhile signing I'm not too sure but our midfielders are getting old rather quickly Barton, oneil, Henry, faurlin, jenas there not going to be around for much longer so would Carroll be worth signing or would you prefer to see another centre mid join the club?

Poll: Who is better Barkley or wilshere

Tom Carroll on 08:59 - May 28 with 2695 viewsWatford_Ranger

I had really high hopes for him but he's been pretty dire overall. Not always his fault, particularly when paired with Jenas, but I don't know if he'll ever make it in this country.
Tom Carroll on 09:14 - May 28 with 2665 viewskingsburyR

He has a better chance in the Prem than in the Championship.

He will get more time on the ball.

I am convinced he will turn out to be a real player.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Tom Carroll on 09:36 - May 28 with 2626 viewsadhoc_qpr

No thanks.

Couple of good games, lots of anonymous ones despite a good attitude and desire to go forwards.

Also he's not that young at 22! If he was 18 i'd say take a chance, but as it is i suspect he will never develop into a prem player.
Tom Carroll on 09:48 - May 28 with 2594 viewsoddball

no, end of.
Tom Carroll on 10:06 - May 28 with 2565 viewsQPunkR

No and no. Poor player.

QPR - "shit but local"

Tom Carroll on 10:12 - May 28 with 2555 viewsdaveB

myth that you get more time on the ball in the prem, closing down is much quicker at that level.
Tom Carroll on 10:14 - May 28 with 2540 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It's a yes from me.
Tom Carroll on 10:29 - May 28 with 2517 viewsTacticalR

I don't have a problem with him. He's played his part in getting us up. I don't think his size is that important as he can still get in a tackle against bigger players. I think he's at his best further forward - his one-twos around the edge of the box got us two goals at home to Forest.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 10:36 - May 28 with 2509 viewsRangersw12

Yes a decent player

Only one who goes looking for the ball and maybe if he is our player he might get less stick
Tom Carroll on 10:38 - May 28 with 2496 viewsnadera78

He'll never be more than a Championship player.
Tom Carroll on 10:39 - May 28 with 2494 viewssexton

Such a frustrating player. His decision-making is excellent, but he was so often let down by poor execution. Definitely worth a go though.
Tom Carroll on 10:57 - May 28 with 2458 viewseastside_r

Tom Carroll on 09:36 - May 28 by adhoc_qpr

No thanks.

Couple of good games, lots of anonymous ones despite a good attitude and desire to go forwards.

Also he's not that young at 22! If he was 18 i'd say take a chance, but as it is i suspect he will never develop into a prem player.

This.

When we signed him my mate (an Orient fan) said he was excellent for them on loan.

Having watched him I think at League One level he would be good, at Championship level as we have witnessed, competent but nothing special but not good enough for the Premiership.

Potentially a good player as some have noted but he is 22.

I could be wrong. He might go back to Spurs and like Walker and Townsend, be an England player next season. I am not a betting man but if anyone wants to take me up on this……………………………
Tom Carroll on 11:04 - May 28 with 2442 viewsparker64

I can't see him being a Premiership player. Could make a 25 but be one of those players that never plays any football - like Connelly at Cardiff. The players are stronger, quicker and fitter.
Tom Carroll on 11:06 - May 28 with 2433 viewsSpiritofGregory

Not good enough, too lightweight and can only pass sideways.
Tom Carroll on 11:07 - May 28 with 2434 viewsLimehouseR

QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 3h
Many happy returns to #QPR midfielder @tom_carroll92. Have a great day! #HappyBirthdayTom

Makes it sound like we have signed him!
Tom Carroll on 11:12 - May 28 with 2403 viewsQPunkR

Tom Carroll on 11:06 - May 28 by SpiritofGregory

...and not even to his own teammates!

QPR - "shit but local"

Tom Carroll on 11:12 - May 28 with 2396 viewsClive_Anderson

Tom Carroll on 10:12 - May 28 by daveB

myth that you get more time on the ball in the prem, closing down is much quicker at that level.

Yeah agree with this. I don't think Yaya Toure gives you more time on the ball than Andy Reid.
Tom Carroll on 11:17 - May 28 with 2391 viewsadhoc_qpr

Tom Carroll on 11:07 - May 28 by LimehouseR

QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 3h
Many happy returns to #QPR midfielder @tom_carroll92. Have a great day! #HappyBirthdayTom

Makes it sound like we have signed him!

After the Yaya Toure incident maybe the club is being better safe than sorry around Birthdays!
Tom Carroll on 11:17 - May 28 with 2390 views08olesen

Really depends who else there is. If it is Fat Frank or Joe Cole, then i would rather have Carrol. He could be a decent player but the most important thing is we get our first win on the board early (not 14 games) and i think that we have to bring in players who have had some experience in the premier league to ensure that, there can be no time for getting used to the league, we need to hit the ground running. We need to bring in players who will make an instant impact e.g. Townsend, Morrison, Lucas (getting no time at liverpool), Moses, Richards.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Tom Carroll on 11:28 - May 28 with 2348 viewsRs_Holy

Tom Carroll on 11:06 - May 28 by SpiritofGregory

shows glimses of a being a good player but for the most part adds very little to the team.... NO from me.
Tom Carroll on 11:40 - May 28 with 2316 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Tom Carroll on 12:18 - May 28 with 2263 viewsDANRANGER

Tom Carroll on 11:17 - May 28 by 08olesen

Really depends who else there is. If it is Fat Frank or Joe Cole, then i would rather have Carrol. He could be a decent player but the most important thing is we get our first win on the board early (not 14 games) and i think that we have to bring in players who have had some experience in the premier league to ensure that, there can be no time for getting used to the league, we need to hit the ground running. We need to bring in players who will make an instant impact e.g. Townsend, Morrison, Lucas (getting no time at liverpool), Moses, Richards.

Spurs do not let players go on the cheap and therefore expect a price tag of around 4-5m if anyone was interested this summer. I would say there are better options for that money, Livermore/Thorne for example and therefore its a no from me right now. Like him as a player but we are going to need a more powerful athletic midfielder unless we change our style of play completely.

I wasn't aware of George Thorne until recently but if Derby are able to get him then we should be showing an interest.
Tom Carroll on 12:24 - May 28 with 2250 viewshoof_hearted

I wouldn't mind seeing him have a go but first he needs to spend the summer in the same way that Bale did a few years ago. That is in no way implying that steroids should be used or have ever been used by any footballer ever.

Same for Granero. Maybe they can get a 2 for 1 deal off the dealer.
Tom Carroll on 12:29 - May 28 with 2233 viewssimmo

He is going to be a very tidy little player and I would definitely take him if the price is right. He's young, English, has re-sale value and plays a few central positions. He recycles possession very well and despite what people think can pick out a good forward pass when the opportunity presents itself, he just doesnt try it if he doesnt feel it's on or if he is not in an area of the pitch where he feels he can take risks

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Tom Carroll on 12:35 - May 28 with 2217 viewsspencer

Has the talent and with the right team round him will be a good player.Would be a very good addition to our squad...Not a starting player hey, but one to develop..

Or....lets sign Frank Lampard...sorry to old to fat and ex Chelsea...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024