Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan 18:14 - Jan 26 with 6123 viewsbosh67

Steve M has worked with both of them and possibly a good move because both players are comfortable in the Championship.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 18:17 - Jan 26 with 4565 viewsingeminate

We can't let them go really, both completely useless, but we can't rely on SWP all season, what if he gets injured? What sort of a team has less than than three out of form wingers on the bench?!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 18:30 - Jan 26 with 4512 viewshoopdog

Where's this come from ?
offer them Hoilet to buy loan them Phillips
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 18:40 - Jan 26 with 4481 viewsWadR

Hmm. Wouldn't be against one of them going out on loan. But they've barely been given a chance recently. Hoilett has started 2 league games in the last 2/3 months and otherwise just gets the last 10 minutes of games. Phillips has played less than 140 league minutes since September. You can't really expect players to make an impact from such little game time. And it's not like the players keeping them out of the team are playing particularly well, I like Fer, but he's no left winger. Barton's been generally poor/average this season and Vargas' performances have dropped off over the last month. Redknapp complains about a lack of pace in the squad but barely uses these two.

I'm not saying they're great or even good players, but like Mutch, I'd be hesitant to fob them off especially if there's no money available to bring in replacements.

What I hope is that Redknapp has taken stock this fortnight with the squad he has, and has a formation and style of play in mind for the rest of the season. This free fortnight is an opportunity to drill that in to the players, not to lament the fact Remy left or talk about just one more striker. Tell them the first XI for the next couple of games and if they fail to perform, there's plenty of other players waiting to step in.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 18:42]
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 18:58 - Jan 26 with 4409 viewsLblock

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 18:40 - Jan 26 by WadR

Hmm. Wouldn't be against one of them going out on loan. But they've barely been given a chance recently. Hoilett has started 2 league games in the last 2/3 months and otherwise just gets the last 10 minutes of games. Phillips has played less than 140 league minutes since September. You can't really expect players to make an impact from such little game time. And it's not like the players keeping them out of the team are playing particularly well, I like Fer, but he's no left winger. Barton's been generally poor/average this season and Vargas' performances have dropped off over the last month. Redknapp complains about a lack of pace in the squad but barely uses these two.

I'm not saying they're great or even good players, but like Mutch, I'd be hesitant to fob them off especially if there's no money available to bring in replacements.

What I hope is that Redknapp has taken stock this fortnight with the squad he has, and has a formation and style of play in mind for the rest of the season. This free fortnight is an opportunity to drill that in to the players, not to lament the fact Remy left or talk about just one more striker. Tell them the first XI for the next couple of games and if they fail to perform, there's plenty of other players waiting to step in.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 18:42]

That last paragraph was put in for a little chuckle yes?

Certainly had me smiling after a crap Monday

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 19:01 - Jan 26 with 4394 viewsjohncharles

So we loan them and then we are relegated and Derby get them for a quarter of what we paid for them. What a f**king stupid idea.

Strong and stable my arse.

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 19:30 - Jan 26 with 4294 viewseghamranger

Bye lads was nice while it lasted.

Junior will be remembered for the cross in the Wembley final that actually went to a derby player!!!

Had your chances, earnt a fortune, never did it

Next

Aaron Lennon please
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 19:37 - Jan 26 with 4265 viewsBasingstokeR

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 19:30 - Jan 26 by eghamranger

Bye lads was nice while it lasted.

Junior will be remembered for the cross in the Wembley final that actually went to a derby player!!!

Had your chances, earnt a fortune, never did it

Next

Aaron Lennon please

MORE BLOOD!
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 19:42 - Jan 26 with 4253 viewsQPR_Jim

Whereas at the moment we're turning down big money offers for them.

I'd take him up on the offer, they can come back next year fit and firing to be welcomed by a new manager, who's hopefully going to give them a chance.

Bit like Helguson.
Login to get fewer ads

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 19:49 - Jan 26 with 4223 viewsjohncharles

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 19:42 - Jan 26 by QPR_Jim

Whereas at the moment we're turning down big money offers for them.

I'd take him up on the offer, they can come back next year fit and firing to be welcomed by a new manager, who's hopefully going to give them a chance.

Bit like Helguson.

Dreamland. Once they have played under a manager who has some sort of clue about their best positions and qualities they won't want come back. Do you really think we will we be in any financial shape to do anything but sell them for a fraction of what we paid ?

A deeply stupid idea to let them go, even on loan. But that's our Harry.

Strong and stable my arse.

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 19:54 - Jan 26 with 4202 viewsWadR

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 18:58 - Jan 26 by Lblock

a guy can dream can't he?
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 19:55 - Jan 26 with 4199 viewsBasingstokeR

I'd think we'd loan/sell these to bring in a maybe not as good M'Poku and then not play him as Vargas and Fer are our wingers! With Niko next in line.
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 20:01 - Jan 26 with 4177 viewsPey

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 18:58 - Jan 26 by Lblock

Made me smile too.

Let's face it, the last time our team had shape, fitness and tactical awareness was with a fit Faurlin and Schteve looking after the squad.
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 20:05 - Jan 26 with 4158 viewsstevec

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 19:01 - Jan 26 by johncharles

So we loan them and then we are relegated and Derby get them for a quarter of what we paid for them. What a f**king stupid idea.

They're not good enough for premier league but are good enough for championship, surely the perfect move for all concerned?
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 21:23 - Jan 26 with 3978 views08olesen

What i dont understand is why Hoilet doesn't play more central and near the top. He cant cross so why have him on the wing. When he was playing well for Blackburn he had the opportunity to play further forward, stretch defenses and run onto through balls.

Phillips isnt a premier league player at the moment but Hoilet could be, but he needs more than one game at a time. Vargas gets lots of opportunity to play, and baring a few nice moments, hasnt exactly lit up the premier league, so why not give hoilet 5 starts and see what he can do, along side austin maybe.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 21:35 - Jan 26 with 3946 viewsCHUBBS

http://www.plumbware.co.uk/product/junior-toilet-pan/
That's about all he's worth
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 21:37 - Jan 26 with 3938 viewsShotKneesHoop

Offer them SWP, Hoilet, Phillips, Rio and Jamjar as a Royal Flush.

Anything over £500 offered, take it,

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 21:42 - Jan 26 with 3926 viewsWestonsuperR

They have both been given plenty of opportunities this season and last and both have failed miserably. Its highly unlikely on current form that either could positive impact in helping us stay up so loan moves seem a great idea.

Although I am generally against 'new blood' I don't think we have a choice with these 2 wingers under-performing so badly, we are unfortunately in a position where we need to take a gamble on getting at least 1 wide-man in.
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 22:02 - Jan 26 with 3870 viewsPeterHucker

where does this idea that Hoilett is a decent Championship player come from?
don't know about you but I watched him in the Championship and 90% of the time he was rubbish.
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 23:16 - Jan 26 with 3741 viewsSydneyRs

Just watch them go and have a Jason Puncheon style resurgence.
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 23:50 - Jan 26 with 3692 viewsRBlock

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 21:42 - Jan 26 by WestonsuperR

They have both been given plenty of opportunities this season and last and both have failed miserably. Its highly unlikely on current form that either could positive impact in helping us stay up so loan moves seem a great idea.

Although I am generally against 'new blood' I don't think we have a choice with these 2 wingers under-performing so badly, we are unfortunately in a position where we need to take a gamble on getting at least 1 wide-man in.

Don't agree with this. Hoilett has been given ample opportunity over the years, and has failed time and again. Shuffles/dribbles relatively well but is a one trick pony. He can't cross, and is very one footed, so he just cuts in and blasts it over the bar. I can't remember one time this has worked since Blackburn.

Phillips on the other hand has really struggled with injuries and not been given a decent run in the first team. When he did in the Championship he looked good. He has the best cross in our squad(bar maybe Adel), and he is still young. Give him a decent run at RM/RW so he can build confidence and form than we have a great player. If we are playing Austin out wide why the hell are we not getting more crosses in the box? Better than a ST/CF playing out of position on the right, who gets sucked inside and leaves us with no width more often then not.

As always we are in a position where we need results in the short term. For that reason you can't see us giving Phillips a good run in the 1st team, because 'we don't have time'. If he goes to West Brom or otherwise I can see him becoming a very good player. We might well sell him, spend more money on the next best thing (God help me if it is Lennon) and than see how he does for a year or two before replacing him.
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 04:58 - Jan 27 with 3596 viewsBasingstokeR

Wow "plenty of opportunities" doesn't seem very much to me nowadays
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 05:43 - Jan 27 with 3579 viewsHulaHoop

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 04:58 - Jan 27 by BasingstokeR

Wow "plenty of opportunities" doesn't seem very much to me nowadays

Ok they can have Junior & Phillips on one condition, they loan us McClaren until the end of the season, we can even chuck in Redknapp if they want!!!
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 08:56 - Jan 27 with 3456 viewsCHUBBS

Yep toilet was piss poor last season and is not as good as Campbell Ryce who is a league 1 player,so i don't know where people get this idea of him being a decent Championship player.
Its probably the same people who were always banging on about replacing Clint with Anton fcukin Ferdinand.
Phillips on the other hand has end product but just seems to struggle with the rest of his game,he'd be a very good player someone like Pullis got hold of him.
He's still young enough but painfully low on confidence.
There's a very good player in there waiting to come out but we don't have coaching ability to improve him.
Just look at our squad,all the younger players are getting worse whilst the players who already have the know how and don't need coaching are keeping us in the mix.
What does that tell you?
Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 09:22 - Jan 27 with 3412 viewsDiscodroids

how much did we buy these two for?, something like £9 million.

nah, sell only . not interested in loaning out players that we have paid fortunes for . Mbia, cisse, park, julio cesar , grenaro And christ knows how many others over the last couple of years.

what a fuc'kin balls up from the floorboards up.

they can have 'em, we'll have craig bryson and johnny russel from them.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Derby want Hoilett and Phillips on loan on 09:32 - Jan 27 with 3391 viewsQPunkR

Seriously, if we want to improve Toilett we need to loan him to the Mighty Ducks. The fúcking Canuck is a busted flush and is deeply, deeply shit. Football is quite simply not his game.

Spot the WC references, wholly unintentional.

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024