Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin 10:46 - Mar 5 with 4761 views1MoreBrightonR

I know we are used to it so maybe it doesnt get mentioned anymore but I wanted to give the man some credit for his performance...obviously scored a cracking goal but where others gave up or head's went down, he continually fought for the ball and his ability/desire to shoot is phenomenal. We'd be in a much better place if we had 11 players with his work rate.
Austin on 10:51 - Mar 5 with 3548 viewsadhoc_qpr

If the other 10 players could actually create a few clear openings and chances for Charlie it might help too!

Great goal from a half chance last night and his other efforts were long rangers.
Austin on 11:10 - Mar 5 with 3517 viewsessextaxiboy

Expect a bid from Arsenal in the summer
Austin on 11:19 - Mar 5 with 3477 viewssimmo

We talked about this last night, think it'll be Tottenham, would suit them really well under Pochettino and he gets to stay in London. Such a shame it looks like we won't stay up, purely because it would have meant he'd stay

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Austin on 11:22 - Mar 5 with 3458 viewsnadera78

I wouldn't sell him, even if relegated. I know he's only got one year left but he could easily be the difference between promotion or not. If he gets us up next year and then leaves on a free transfer it's still £100million in the bank.
Austin on 11:23 - Mar 5 with 3456 viewsJonDoeman

Austin on 11:19 - Mar 5 by simmo

We talked about this last night, think it'll be Tottenham, would suit them really well under Pochettino and he gets to stay in London. Such a shame it looks like we won't stay up, purely because it would have meant he'd stay

I don't think he'll stay even if we stay up . Bigger & better things await.

It Is What It Is !!

Austin on 11:28 - Mar 5 with 3437 viewsJonDoeman

Austin on 11:22 - Mar 5 by nadera78

I wouldn't sell him, even if relegated. I know he's only got one year left but he could easily be the difference between promotion or not. If he gets us up next year and then leaves on a free transfer it's still £100million in the bank.

Turning down what, 20 mill? For a player in his last year of his contract, who might get injured & never score another goal for you, is probably easier said than done!

It Is What It Is !!

Austin on 11:34 - Mar 5 with 3415 viewsadhoc_qpr

Austin on 11:28 - Mar 5 by JonDoeman

Turning down what, 20 mill? For a player in his last year of his contract, who might get injured & never score another goal for you, is probably easier said than done!

We won't get £20m for him sadly (even though easily worth that in today's inflated market).

He'll be off to Spurs or Southampton for £10-12m
Austin on 11:35 - Mar 5 with 3396 viewsHollowayRanger

England manager was there last night so that might have helped him put in a real shift

poor sod is living off scraps with us and doing a fine job ,if worst should happen and we go down id certainly sell him only fair IF he didn't sign new contract

love 20 mill but cant see us getting more than 10 -12

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Austin on 11:38 - Mar 5 with 3398 viewsfrancisbowles

I can't see him getting in the Spurs attack on a regular basis as they already have Kane, Chadli and back up options.
Austin on 11:46 - Mar 5 with 3376 viewsstevec

More like West Ham and a swap for the injury prone Carroll
Austin on 11:47 - Mar 5 with 3374 views1MoreBrightonR

If we go down, i don't see us having much choice in selling him...He is going to have no interest in staying and i'd can understand that. We were talking about where he would end up...I can't see one of the really top teams going for him but there isnt really that next level of teams anymore (who finish 6th-10th) that have money to spend
Austin on 11:48 - Mar 5 with 3365 viewstoboboly

Austin on 11:46 - Mar 5 by stevec

More like West Ham and a swap for the injury prone Carroll

Knowing us it'd be a straight swap for Zarate or Maiga.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Austin on 11:50 - Mar 5 with 3354 viewsaston_hoop

Austin on 11:38 - Mar 5 by francisbowles

I can't see him getting in the Spurs attack on a regular basis as they already have Kane, Chadli and back up options.

I guess on the other hand, if Manchester City or that unmentionable club down the road decide they want to sign Harry Kane, then they will sign Harry Kane. That leaves them with Soldado and not much else despite probably another season with a million games due to them being in the UEFA cup or whatever its called now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Austin on 11:55 - Mar 5 with 3330 viewsNorthernr

Superb last night, MOTM for me.
Austin on 12:02 - Mar 5 with 3297 viewsNW5Hoop

Terrific, week in week out, for us. But I'd be surprised if a top six club came in for him, because I just don't think he's fast enough. Also too similar a player to Kane for Spurs, I would have thought.

If we go down, I'd expect to see him somewhere like West Ham or Newcastle or Stoke.

I'll now be proved wrong and he'll end up at Chelsea or City.
Austin on 12:12 - Mar 5 with 3256 viewsDiscodroids

with fernandes track record on the remy and mutch deals im expecting a bread bin and a bottle of Tabac for his services.

he'll be off quicker than john barrowman at the commenwealth games at the end of the season.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Austin on 12:15 - Mar 5 with 3249 viewspaulparker

Just think if we had actually signed a decent striker to help him we wouldn't have been so far in the sh1t ,
enjoy him while you can as he will be off for 6 cola cubes and a copy of the Beazer in the summer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin on 12:27 - Mar 5 with 3206 viewsBAWHoops

If Newcastle weren't a mental club I'd say it would be perfect for him.
Mid to upper half of the Prem playing in front of a big crowd who would absolutely love an English number 9 who has come up from non league.

If I was Charlie's agent I'd be ringing up Southampton as well

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Austin on 13:59 - Mar 5 with 3098 viewsFDC

His goal scoring but moreover his progression this season in a struggling team is incredible really. Watching the game last night it struck me how much power he gets in his shots. Great player with a great work rate. I'll be gutted to see him leave at the end of the season if/when we go down, but will genuinely wish him the best and follow his career closer than I have any other player that's left qpr for a while. In fact I can't think of the last player to leave qpr on an upward trajectory?! Routledge I suppose?
Austin on 14:01 - Mar 5 with 3087 viewsNorthernr

Austin on 12:27 - Mar 5 by BAWHoops

If Newcastle weren't a mental club I'd say it would be perfect for him.
Mid to upper half of the Prem playing in front of a big crowd who would absolutely love an English number 9 who has come up from non league.

If I was Charlie's agent I'd be ringing up Southampton as well

He would go very well at Newcastle, the fans would love him there, but you pay a premium for English talent and I suspect Ashley would rather get a French lad for £3m than Charlie for whatever he'd cost. West Ham, Stoke good shouts. Palace? Villa if they stay up?

I think he'll sign an extension here if we can stay up.
Austin on 14:06 - Mar 5 with 3071 viewsGloucs_R

Can see him at Liverpool, £15m. Exactly the type of player they need and love.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Austin on 14:08 - Mar 5 with 3065 viewsFDC

Austin on 14:06 - Mar 5 by Gloucs_R

That's a good shout
Austin on 14:10 - Mar 5 with 3057 viewsNorthernr

Possibly, but he's quite similar to Lambert and I wonder if they've had their fingers burnt there. That English style centre forward hasn't worked for Rodgers in his style.
Austin on 14:12 - Mar 5 with 3045 viewsDiscodroids

please god not fkn west ham. my life would be hell.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Austin on 14:56 - Mar 5 with 2982 viewssimmo

He wouldn't fit in with Liverpool, they have stumbled across a way of playign that's about pace, fluidity and movement. Any of the front 3 are interchangeable and the times it doesn;t work is with stationary strikers - Lambert, Balotelli, Carroll, etc.

I still think Tottenham would be perfect, high work rate, pressing game, high up the pitch. Full backs in attack mode (like Burnley). It's depressing talking about it really but it's inevitable if we go down, he's a premiership quality striker.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024