Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
B B King 07:40 - May 15 with 1303 viewsjohncharles

Strong and stable my arse.

B B King on 07:53 - May 15 with 1290 viewseasthertsr

100% LEGEND
B B King on 08:05 - May 15 with 1279 viewsbosh67

RIP the master!

89 was a good age.

Greatest Blues musician of all time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

B B King on 08:29 - May 15 with 1256 viewsTheBlob

Very sad.So influential and always so humble.
R.I.P Mr. King.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

B B King on 08:36 - May 15 with 1243 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP

Decent chain of bars too.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

B B King on 08:44 - May 15 with 1237 viewsMonahoop

A sad day for the Blues [ my favourite music genre ] and one of last of the 'old school' blues masters. I liked his earlier work from the 50's and 60's. He was hugely influential to many blues and rock stars, but I felt later in his career especially from 1970 onwards, he was viewed by many as the Elvis of Blues and became a bit of a Vegas style figure, the essence of the genre he represented being lost in the process. But he will always be seen by many blues and non blues fans alike as one of the greats of the blues guitar . He will now be added to that great blues gig in the clouds with the likes of Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf and many many more. RIP

There aint half been some clever bastards.

B B King on 12:07 - May 15 with 1179 viewsMoonshineSteve

Had the privilege of seeing him a couple of times. (Also named one of my cats after him too.) Cheers for the music mate.

Wonder if anyone ever calculated how many gigs he played. He was still doing 300 a year in his 70s.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

B B King on 13:30 - May 15 with 1153 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Massive talent. Was a gateway for many, including me, into the blues.

RIP, maestro.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

B B King on 13:45 - May 15 with 1144 viewsNov77

Saw him once at the albert hall though have to be honest he was a long way down the list in my favourite blues players.
Appreciate the influence he had on other favourites like Peter green and Clapton etc though.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

B B King on 13:53 - May 15 with 1141 viewsTheBlob

B B King on 13:45 - May 15 by Nov77

Saw him once at the albert hall though have to be honest he was a long way down the list in my favourite blues players.
Appreciate the influence he had on other favourites like Peter green and Clapton etc though.

He was in awe of Peter Green - the only guitarist that gave him goosebumps apparently.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

B B King on 18:03 - May 15 with 1109 viewsjohncharles

First time I saw him was at the Sundown Brixton, now the Academy, early 70's. My good friend Steve who was an even bigger fan than me got the tickets. I was a bit wary to say the least. More so when we got in and we were the only white faces in the place........
Third number in, Sweet Little Angel and every social and racial stereotyping went out the window.

Strong and stable my arse.

B B King on 20:25 - May 15 with 1085 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Was only last week that some of his younger kids, lost a court case where they were trying to wrest control of BB's rights away from his manager (who has genuinely been working on BB's best interests) and his older kids.

Potent stuff money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024