Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doughty & Furlong 15:18 - Sep 3 with 2798 viewsLblock

Caught a bit of their live game today

Doughty done alright. Got MoM but you can see he lacks pace to really make it at the top level; he can certainly pick a pass and take a great penalty
I can see a perm switch to Swindon for him

Furlong....mmmmmmmmmmm...Furlong. I wasn't impressed. He looked poor positionally, in possession and physically. The conditions weren't the best and maybe an off day for him but I expected him to stand out as I really liked him when he "burst onto the scene" in our Prem struggles. I'm hoping he can put the roasting from Sanchez and Boalaise out of his system and step up to be a great player. No evidence of it today whilst not looking a bad player; I just wanted him to be stand out

Continued good luck to them both

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Doughty & Furlong on 16:33 - Sep 3 with 2690 viewsbosh67

I personally think we are missing a trick in Doughty. He certainly knows how to pass from central midfield and we are really lacking that link up this season. Luongo runs about but he isn't a link up player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Doughty & Furlong on 16:34 - Sep 3 with 2688 viewsDorse

Furlong is lulling you into a false sense of security.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2016 16:34]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Doughty & Furlong on 17:17 - Sep 3 with 2602 viewsWilloW4

Agree with your post Lblock.. I watched 70 mins of that game and Doughty deservedly won motm. He does look a tad sluggish but all around him weren't exactly nippy, he did knock the ball about well and won and scored the resulting pen...Furlong looked above average at best, although his block for a posh goal was excellent, came in from right back and slid in well whilst his centre back colleagues just stood there...as you say, and I endorse, good luck to the pair of them.
Doughty & Furlong on 18:05 - Sep 3 with 2512 viewsLongsufferingR

For the most part, I'm happy to back the manager's judgement (in these cases a number of managers) rather than joining in with the doom and gloom merchants when we loan youngsters out. Struggling to remember the last youngster we let go of permanently (without a big fee) who then went on to become a big star.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2016 18:06]
Doughty & Furlong on 20:35 - Sep 3 with 2331 viewsDWQPR

Doughty & Furlong on 18:05 - Sep 3 by LongsufferingR

For the most part, I'm happy to back the manager's judgement (in these cases a number of managers) rather than joining in with the doom and gloom merchants when we loan youngsters out. Struggling to remember the last youngster we let go of permanently (without a big fee) who then went on to become a big star.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2016 18:06]

I have a feeling that Furlong could do well on the right side of midfield

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Doughty & Furlong on 21:04 - Sep 3 with 2293 viewsNorthernr

Watched the game, Doughty did well, but I think he's at his level. Furlong I didn't think did particularly brilliantly or badly one way or the other, bit harsh to criticise him on that showing.
Doughty & Furlong on 22:08 - Sep 3 with 2199 viewsLblock

Doughty & Furlong on 21:04 - Sep 3 by Northernr

Watched the game, Doughty did well, but I think he's at his level. Furlong I didn't think did particularly brilliantly or badly one way or the other, bit harsh to criticise him on that showing.

I'm not giving him stick, well not meaning to, I just thought he'd stand out more

Agree with you on Doughty but he could surprise us all yet however he does seem at home there

Doughty & Furlong on 22:26 - Sep 3 with 2166 viewsstevec

Caught the first half. Suspect that whilst Doughty can make a tackle looks less happy taking one and in those instances tended to shift it too quick. Gave possession away and whilst chasing back, gave Boro free kick for first goal. Wasn't too pretty taking space where centre halfs were trying to defend it either. If League One toughens him up he could be a decent midfielder, good movement and neat passer with time on the ball.

Furlong not great. Seemed to lack confidence and constantly playing safety first passes to centre backs when could have made the play himself. I'm going to say it again, Ramsey should hang his head in shame.
Login to get fewer ads

Doughty & Furlong on 22:27 - Sep 3 with 2161 viewsLadbrokeR

How did Stacey do .
Doughty & Furlong on 00:37 - Sep 4 with 2045 viewsWilloW4

Doughty & Furlong on 22:27 - Sep 3 by LadbrokeR

How did Stacey do .

Lblock just about won it on points...Stacey did OK, and her family are well proud innit though.
Doughty & Furlong on 06:56 - Sep 4 with 1943 viewsLadbrokeR

This football management game is a bit harder than it looks remember when Benny put Furlong in the team against Arsenal and Sanchez ate him. I would have thought that given time and expected development he would be somewhere near the mark by now. Kpecwa (sp) on the other hand hasn't looked bad the couple of times I have seen him but if you believe what you read he has a poor diet and the wrong attitude. On a serious note perhaps Furlong can't make the step up and unfortunately hasn't got what takes to be a complete player at this level.
Doughty & Furlong on 12:24 - Sep 4 with 1738 viewsNorthernr

Doughty & Furlong on 06:56 - Sep 4 by LadbrokeR

This football management game is a bit harder than it looks remember when Benny put Furlong in the team against Arsenal and Sanchez ate him. I would have thought that given time and expected development he would be somewhere near the mark by now. Kpecwa (sp) on the other hand hasn't looked bad the couple of times I have seen him but if you believe what you read he has a poor diet and the wrong attitude. On a serious note perhaps Furlong can't make the step up and unfortunately hasn't got what takes to be a complete player at this level.

Based on what?

Some wild posts on this thread. 20 year old lad, done everything asked of him so far including looking too good for League Two last season.
Doughty & Furlong on 13:39 - Sep 4 with 1668 viewsWatford_Ranger

Only watched 20 minutes or so of it myself but thought they both looked better than most of the rest of what was out there.

I like that Furlong is getting games somewhere but I don't think he's noticeably worse currently than our other options at right-back. If Doughty had Henry's place in the squad, would we be worse? Probably not IMO.
Doughty & Furlong on 17:12 - Sep 4 with 1534 viewsLadbrokeR

Doughty & Furlong on 12:24 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Based on what?

Some wild posts on this thread. 20 year old lad, done everything asked of him so far including looking too good for League Two last season.

Perhaps
Doughty & Furlong on 18:03 - Sep 4 with 1491 viewsNorthernr

Doughty & Furlong on 17:12 - Sep 4 by LadbrokeR

Perhaps

Perhaps he'll decide football isn't for him and become a fcking astronaut instead.
Doughty & Furlong on 18:34 - Sep 4 with 1464 viewscaliforniahoop

I watched most of the game, Doughty's time has passed I suspect, Furlong didn't look good, I expected an on loan (Walker type performance) but still have hope for him.

Doughty's type of midfielder maybe a thing of the past, I felt he might have done a job wide left, maybe a swap for that Nathan Thompson? He looks interesting.
Doughty & Furlong on 19:02 - Sep 4 with 1438 viewscaliforniahoop

I watched most of the game, Doughty's time has passed I suspect, Furlong didn't look good, I expected an on loan (Walker type performance) but still have hope for him.

Doughty's type of midfielder maybe a thing of the past, I felt he might have done a job wide left, maybe a swap for that Nathan Thompson? He looks interesting.
Doughty & Furlong on 19:26 - Sep 4 with 1412 viewsrsonist

Doughty & Furlong on 16:33 - Sep 3 by bosh67

I personally think we are missing a trick in Doughty. He certainly knows how to pass from central midfield and we are really lacking that link up this season. Luongo runs about but he isn't a link up player.

Agree to some extent but it's a tricky thing finding the right balance between athleticism and vision. By letting Faurlin go JFH has set his stall out - I'm hoping Borysiuk will prove to be the right answer.
Doughty & Furlong on 05:36 - Sep 5 with 1303 viewsLadbrokeR

Doughty & Furlong on 18:03 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Perhaps he'll decide football isn't for him and become a fcking astronaut instead.

Excellent wild post
Doughty & Furlong on 06:20 - Sep 5 with 1283 viewsLblock

Doughty & Furlong on 18:03 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Ah so.....young grasshopper your nerves are raw to the touch

I've found it is possible to take a subjective and honest view of a young players performance (or a player of any age) and still think overall they are a good player and want them to do well.

I prescribe whale music, herbal tea and a dimly lit room

Peace out

Doughty & Furlong on 10:20 - Sep 5 with 1161 viewsAntti_Heinola

To be fair, throughout the annals of history, I have very rarely come away from a game thinking: 'MY GOD! THEY'RE FULL BACK WAS INCREDIBLE!'

Alves, Carlos, Lahm and kyle walker for us of course... full backs don't tend to blow you away very often. Particularly not really young ones just starting their career.

Bare bones.

Doughty & Furlong on 10:52 - Sep 5 with 1123 viewsTacticalR

Doughty & Furlong on 10:20 - Sep 5 by Antti_Heinola

To be fair, throughout the annals of history, I have very rarely come away from a game thinking: 'MY GOD! THEY'RE FULL BACK WAS INCREDIBLE!'

Alves, Carlos, Lahm and kyle walker for us of course... full backs don't tend to blow you away very often. Particularly not really young ones just starting their career.

Not everyone can be Carlos Alberto.

Air hostess clique

Doughty & Furlong on 11:00 - Sep 5 with 1108 viewsparker64

Doughty & Furlong on 10:52 - Sep 5 by TacticalR

Not everyone can be Carlos Alberto.

One that stood out for me and I still remember it now was Dominic Iorfa at Wolves. Thought he looked a great prospect at Rangers last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024