Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#BTeamBoycott 09:14 - Aug 30 with 5076 viewstoboboly

Email I received. Would urge others to boycott this farce as it is a slippery slope if this sort of thing is allowed to continue;

"Tonight sees the first matches of the newly revamped EFL Trophy — and as such the first games of the #BTeamBoycott

Against League 3 is asking supporters not to attend games in the EFL Trophy. We ask this of all supporters, from The Premier League down to League 2, to neutrals and non-league fans. Lower league football is increasingly under threat — and the EFL Trophy sets a damaging irreversible precedent that accelerates and assists the deconstruction of the greatest football pyramid structure in the world.

Whether you choose to boycott B-Team games or the entire competition is your decision. We feel boycotting the entire competition sends a greater message — but we understand supporters when they tell us that they have nothing against playing regular teams in this competition. This is especially relevant when considering the clubs that voted against these measures.

Asking supporters to boycott is a decision that we took with a heavy heart. No-one wants to deliberately avoid going to watch their team. It’s a horrible feeling. Against League 3 has always been a campaign that was run on the wishes and direction provided by our campaign supporters. When the Trophy changes were announced, our Twitter feed and our emails were overwhelmed by fans telling us to organise the boycott of this competition — so we did.

Boycotting doesn’t make you any less loyal or any less of a true supporter. Boycotting means you reject the idea that our teams should become just another tool for the Premier League youth development conveyor belt. Boycotting means you are willing to stand up and be counted to try and improve football for all levels — not for just the select few.

Boycotting these games may have some impact on your team — but a national boycott will have serious damage to the Football League executive — a group that betrayed football supporters for a tiny payday. This vote was forced on teams — and they accepted the idea following promises that were quickly broken. Everyone watched the farcical process of waiting for invitations to be returned from the Premier League. The Football League made promises that it simply could not deliver.

When Greg Dyke’s commission first suggested B-Teams in May 2014 — Against League 3 was started by two lower league football fans that fully rejected the idea that our teams should regularly play reserve sides for the benefit of the National Team. Many agreed with us, and 34,000 supporters signed a petition against these plans. Such was the public pressure that The FA ditched the proposals.

The Football League has always been fully aware that these measures are not supported by fans of the lower leagues. We’re told that “something had to be done” — that “the trophy needed rejuvenating” and Football League executives and chairmen have fallen over themselves to announce that this isn’t “the thin end of the wedge” for B-Teams entering the pyramid structure.

Yes, something had to be done about The EFL Trophy — but attempting to “rejuvenate” a trophy using measures supporters were firmly against is incompetent at best — arrogant at worst.

Serious concerns were raised regarding the voting procedure for these EFL Trophy plans. Representatives from several clubs confirmed to AL3 that they were given minimal notice by The Football League to ask supporters what they thought of the changes.

The decline of The JPT has been steady over a number of years. Why the rush to act? Why the deliberate prevention of supporter consultation? Where is the evidence that the changes truly help the national team?

In Shaun Harvey — The Football League has a chief executive that is overseeing the slow destruction of our pyramid and competition system. Following his exploits at Bradford City and Leeds — it’s unlikely he would himself pass the “Fit & Proper Persons Test” required for owning a football club. Harvey has told government he does not support supporter ownership, been accused by OFCOM of organising harassing radio broadcasts, banned the supporters trust at Leeds from buying tickets after questioning the regime, oversaw the awful EFL rebrand and has pushed for B-Teams despite vocal fan protestations. Against League 3 continues to call for his resignation.

English football is changing. There is genuine pressure from UEFA over England’s fixture scheduling considering that European domestic and international football will see changed formats over the next few years. What supporters must do is ensure we do not get stuck with an unworkable pyramid system for the next number of years. FA Cup replays are under increasing threat. Supporters must be open to change, but they have to be the right changes that benefit the many over the few.

If you decide to protest tonight — please do so safely, peacefully and legally. Please be understanding of fans that do decide to attend and try to educate rather than berate them. Don’t forget to stay involved with your supporters trust — or consider starting one if you don’t have one.

Supporters can be a real force for positive change in football. Let’s start tonight. Thank you for supporting AL3 and the #BTeamBoycott

James Cave
AL3 Campaign Manager"

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

#BTeamBoycott on 10:01 - Aug 30 with 3506 viewstoboboly

http://thesetpieces.com/features/7692/

#BTeamBoycott on 10:10 - Aug 30 with 3463 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's a disgusting set-up. I'd certainly boycott it anyway.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

#BTeamBoycott on 10:49 - Aug 30 with 3382 viewskensalriser

If they want to make an impact they need to find someone who can write more concisely and clearly becasue after reading that I'm not much the wiser about the reasons for the boycott!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

#BTeamBoycott on 11:13 - Aug 30 with 3300 viewsPinnerPaul

#BTeamBoycott on 10:49 - Aug 30 by kensalriser

If they want to make an impact they need to find someone who can write more concisely and clearly becasue after reading that I'm not much the wiser about the reasons for the boycott!

Yes agree, there are some pretty big leaps there from allowing PL youth development into a revamped JPT, seems more of a campaign against the riches of the PL - which is a) futile and b) misguided in my view.
#BTeamBoycott on 11:18 - Aug 30 with 3275 viewstoboboly

#BTeamBoycott on 10:49 - Aug 30 by kensalriser

Link below may help. Mostly it is about the Football League Trophy allowing PL and Championship B teams into the competition. Personally I think this sets a dangerous precedent and could lead to a PL 2 or similar.

http://www.againstleague3.co.uk/about-us/

#BTeamBoycott on 11:33 - Aug 30 with 3212 viewstimcocking

I'd certainly hate to see "B" teams or youth teams from the big clubs competing against lower league sides. A fcuking p!sstake. Bloody premier league has a lot to answer for. Modern football gets ever more despicable.
#BTeamBoycott on 12:12 - Aug 30 with 3115 viewsPinnerPaul

".....In Shaun Harvey — The Football League has a chief executive that is overseeing the slow destruction of our pyramid....."

Well its "b****y" slow alright - last time I looked, it was alive and well!

Not sure how allowing B teams into a knock out competition no one loved or went to is the end of the end of the (football) world as we know it.

This bloke needs to join the "Keep Warren Farm as a useless piece of hardly used open space" mob - he would do well there!
#BTeamBoycott on 12:16 - Aug 30 with 3098 viewsDorse

Typical. Just when we actually win a couple of cup games.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

#BTeamBoycott on 12:25 - Aug 30 with 3068 viewstoboboly

#BTeamBoycott on 12:12 - Aug 30 by PinnerPaul

".....In Shaun Harvey — The Football League has a chief executive that is overseeing the slow destruction of our pyramid....."

Well its "b****y" slow alright - last time I looked, it was alive and well!

Not sure how allowing B teams into a knock out competition no one loved or went to is the end of the end of the (football) world as we know it.

This bloke needs to join the "Keep Warren Farm as a useless piece of hardly used open space" mob - he would do well there!

I think that is being disingenuous. The trophy is a chance for lower league teams to have a day out at Wembley. Sticking B teams into it isn't fair and isn't right and will allow there to be B teams in Leagues unless people stand up for lower league teams rights now.

#BTeamBoycott on 12:27 - Aug 30 with 3054 viewsdistortR

#BTeamBoycott on 12:16 - Aug 30 by Dorse

Typical. Just when we actually win a couple of cup games.

the bigger teams do often play their reserve sides in the cup anyway, but agree that this competition could be used to pave the way for "b" teams to enter the league structure.
#BTeamBoycott on 12:48 - Aug 30 with 2979 viewsStanisgod

Be funny if a B team gets to the final or knocks us out some time 😕

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

#BTeamBoycott on 12:56 - Aug 30 with 2942 viewsMaggsinho

#BTeamBoycott on 12:48 - Aug 30 by Stanisgod

Be funny if a B team gets to the final or knocks us out some time 😕

This is for the old JPT, not the League Cup, so I hope it's a long time before we're in that competition!
#BTeamBoycott on 21:33 - Aug 30 with 2650 viewsLongsufferingR

From published attendances so far, only Sheff U got over 2500. Some as low as 300!!
#BTeamBoycott on 22:12 - Aug 30 with 2569 viewsdavman

#BTeamBoycott on 21:33 - Aug 30 by LongsufferingR

From published attendances so far, only Sheff U got over 2500. Some as low as 300!!

Best stat of the night goes to Swansea's squad numbers,which when added together was bigger than the crowd.

I'll bet Peterborough enjoyed watching their reserves get walloped 6-1 by Norwich's kids.

A farce from beginning to end and personally I think that the original post is spot on myself; well written and articulate.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

#BTeamBoycott on 22:35 - Aug 30 with 2511 viewsJuzzie

The whole point of the competition is to give 3rd and 4th tier clubs a chance of a Wembley cup final.
I bet most finals will now be PL reserve games. Pointless.

Same with the Europa Cup. After already having been fked around wth by disbanding the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup, you now get teams who were effectivly shit in the CL a free bye into the Europa Cup and most teams that win it/get to latter stages are ex CL thereby giving less chance to clubs who qualified in the normal manner.

Its all a joke, just more w@nkers in suits trying to keep all the big clubs happy and for the filthy lucre.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 23:09]
#BTeamBoycott on 22:58 - Aug 30 with 2465 viewsNorthernr

Absolute fcking disgrace that should be ended immediately. Thankfully judging by tonight's results it looks like most of the precious hoarded cherubs are going to be dumped out nice and early anyway.
#BTeamBoycott on 23:09 - Aug 30 with 2436 viewsHooparoo

Football will eat itself

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

#BTeamBoycott on 01:16 - Aug 31 with 2299 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I can't see how anyone would see this as anything other than an overreaching insult to the lower league clubs. Realistically a League Two team can only win their league or this cup. Two of those teams used to get a chance to play at Wembley. This is now under threat due to the greed of the big clubs and of those who kow-tow to them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

#BTeamBoycott on 03:13 - Aug 31 with 2266 viewsFredManRave

Doesn't bear thinking about what our B team would be like.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

#BTeamBoycott on 08:59 - Aug 31 with 2101 viewsPinnerPaul

#BTeamBoycott on 12:25 - Aug 30 by toboboly

I think that is being disingenuous. The trophy is a chance for lower league teams to have a day out at Wembley. Sticking B teams into it isn't fair and isn't right and will allow there to be B teams in Leagues unless people stand up for lower league teams rights now.

will allow there to be B teams in Leagues unless people stand up for lower league teams rights now.

How will that happen then?

Would need FL clubs to vote for their own demotion/relegation - won't happen.
#BTeamBoycott on 09:01 - Aug 31 with 2091 viewsPinnerPaul

#BTeamBoycott on 22:12 - Aug 30 by davman

Best stat of the night goes to Swansea's squad numbers,which when added together was bigger than the crowd.

I'll bet Peterborough enjoyed watching their reserves get walloped 6-1 by Norwich's kids.

A farce from beginning to end and personally I think that the original post is spot on myself; well written and articulate.

But I bet fans of the 5 teams that beat PL oppo, got more out of it than a normal JPT night!
#BTeamBoycott on 09:09 - Aug 31 with 2076 viewstoboboly

#BTeamBoycott on 08:59 - Aug 31 by PinnerPaul

will allow there to be B teams in Leagues unless people stand up for lower league teams rights now.

How will that happen then?

Would need FL clubs to vote for their own demotion/relegation - won't happen.

The FL clubs voted for one thing that was then changed after the vote was passed with no second vote for the current set up of the competition. Wouldn't trust the FA or the football league to open a paper bag.

#BTeamBoycott on 09:14 - Aug 31 with 2068 viewsNorthernr

#BTeamBoycott on 09:01 - Aug 31 by PinnerPaul

But I bet fans of the 5 teams that beat PL oppo, got more out of it than a normal JPT night!

Ah are you actually being serious now? The squad numbers of the Swansea team added up to more than the attendance for their match at Wimbledon last night. If the Wimbledon fans got a lot out of beating a bunch of kids from a sht Premier League side they certainly hid it well.
#BTeamBoycott on 09:29 - Aug 31 with 2042 viewsGloucs_R

A certain 43 year old former QPR players came on as a sub last night....

Poll: Are we staying up?

#BTeamBoycott on 09:55 - Aug 31 with 2008 viewstoboboly

#BTeamBoycott on 09:14 - Aug 31 by Northernr

Ah are you actually being serious now? The squad numbers of the Swansea team added up to more than the attendance for their match at Wimbledon last night. If the Wimbledon fans got a lot out of beating a bunch of kids from a sht Premier League side they certainly hid it well.

How could they not be excited seeing this lot (whom will also improve the England team lets not forget);

Leicester's 'Under 23's'
Ben Hamer - 28
Luis Hernandez - 27
Yohan Benalouane- 29
Marcin Wasilewski - 36
Matty James - 25

Gareth Ainsworth

Paul Tisdale

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024