Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Thomas 08:36 - Jan 26 with 4117 viewsconnell10

Im seeing stuff i really like in his play when he has come off the bench! Im not giving up on him yet , we still might have a good little player there!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

George Thomas on 08:43 - Jan 26 with 3196 viewsPetros

Excellent 10 minutes or so - seems to have moved up a level. Useful.
George Thomas on 09:00 - Jan 26 with 3130 viewsStanisgod

I like him.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

George Thomas on 09:06 - Jan 26 with 3098 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

Warbs usually name-checks him for sitting on the bench but clearly doesn’t like playing him 🤷🏼‍♂️

Phil_i_P

George Thomas on 09:11 - Jan 26 with 3068 viewsNed_Kennedys

Great energy yesterday, pity he took a corner that didn’t look like it entered the field of play.
I perhaps would’ve played him from the start instead of Amos to give us more attacking intent.
George Thomas on 09:22 - Jan 26 with 3012 viewsBklynRanger

He has got a sort of dynamic quality - haven't seen enough of his game to be sure but maybe a touch of the Mackie's about him. Great work in the build up to the Dykes miss.

I think if we don't go up he could kick on a have a good season for us next year. Less so if we did in terms of opportunities.
George Thomas on 09:52 - Jan 26 with 2938 viewsterryb

He definitely rasied the tempo of the game last night & gave a good little cameo.
George Thomas on 09:57 - Jan 26 with 2911 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’m sure a goal would do his confidence and self belief a world of good.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

George Thomas on 09:58 - Jan 26 with 2897 viewsEastR

I thought the game last night could have been ideal to play to his strengths and he might have been given maybe 20 mins more to harry and press their defence into making more mistakes. His energy level is definitely up to that kind of role

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

George Thomas on 09:59 - Jan 26 with 2886 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

George Thomas on 09:22 - Jan 26 by BklynRanger

He has got a sort of dynamic quality - haven't seen enough of his game to be sure but maybe a touch of the Mackie's about him. Great work in the build up to the Dykes miss.

I think if we don't go up he could kick on a have a good season for us next year. Less so if we did in terms of opportunities.

I see him more as a Simon Barker type midfielder, combative, skillful and can create and score goals but he hasn’t reach anywhere near that kind of level yet.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

George Thomas on 13:02 - Jan 26 with 2685 viewsBklynRanger

George Thomas on 09:59 - Jan 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

I see him more as a Simon Barker type midfielder, combative, skillful and can create and score goals but he hasn’t reach anywhere near that kind of level yet.

Interesting. If he could get close to that we'd all be happy.
George Thomas on 13:05 - Jan 26 with 2659 viewsMrSheen

George Thomas on 09:58 - Jan 26 by EastR

I thought the game last night could have been ideal to play to his strengths and he might have been given maybe 20 mins more to harry and press their defence into making more mistakes. His energy level is definitely up to that kind of role

Exactly what I was thinking. Their keeper looked as comfortable with the ball at his feet as Jan Stejskal, if only we had someone able to rush him into a panic. I would have put Thomas on with Dykes and Albert.
George Thomas on 13:49 - Jan 26 with 2530 viewsellersliehoop

I would be inclined to start him against Reading. We need to freshen it up a bit. We've managed 1 goal in our last 4 home games. And the goal we did score was arguably offside!
George Thomas on 14:48 - Jan 26 with 2433 viewsNorthantsHoop

I have started to warm to George Thomas, think if we peservere with giving him game time it will pay off. He injected a bit of pace into proceedings late on and started the move for Dykes match winning miss. Two things about George he is no wingback and can't take corners.
George Thomas on 15:25 - Jan 26 with 2340 viewsBrianMcCarthy

George Thomas on 13:49 - Jan 26 by ellersliehoop

I would be inclined to start him against Reading. We need to freshen it up a bit. We've managed 1 goal in our last 4 home games. And the goal we did score was arguably offside!

I've been thinking I'd like to see him start as well, but still can't decide who to 'drop' for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

George Thomas on 15:58 - Jan 26 with 2238 viewsWatfordR

George Thomas on 15:25 - Jan 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I've been thinking I'd like to see him start as well, but still can't decide who to 'drop' for him.

The problem for him is I think that he's probably the sort who would come on with a decent run in the team, but I can't see he gets in unless Chair or Willock are missing.

If he hasn't had the chance with Chair away, he's not going to.
George Thomas on 16:33 - Jan 26 with 2171 viewsEastR

I would use him off a lone striker and would have swapped Austin for him last night playing just behind Dykes. They combined well for Dykes chance

George Thomas on 16:36 - Jan 26 with 2160 viewsBrianMcCarthy

George Thomas on 16:33 - Jan 26 by EastR

I would use him off a lone striker and would have swapped Austin for him last night playing just behind Dykes. They combined well for Dykes chance

So, Dykes and Thomas in.
Austin out, but who else out?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

George Thomas on 16:41 - Jan 26 with 2141 viewsdmm

George Thomas on 15:58 - Jan 26 by WatfordR

The problem for him is I think that he's probably the sort who would come on with a decent run in the team, but I can't see he gets in unless Chair or Willock are missing.

If he hasn't had the chance with Chair away, he's not going to.

That's about it, WatfordR. He's played the majority of games in his career at ACM or RM so his position is the Chair/Willock ones and not in CM as some seem to think.

The little I've seen of him has a mix of good, bad and indifferent but the most telling thing is, Warburton just doesn't seem to rate him, even when Chair's unavailable. He hasn't started a game this season and only did so in a few last season.

Should Warburton bring in an ACM this month I hope Thomas gets a loan out. Given he'll be 25 in a few weeks, he really needs game time if he's going to have a decent playing career.
George Thomas on 17:04 - Jan 26 with 2090 viewsEmpireStateRanger

George Thomas on 16:41 - Jan 26 by dmm

That's about it, WatfordR. He's played the majority of games in his career at ACM or RM so his position is the Chair/Willock ones and not in CM as some seem to think.

The little I've seen of him has a mix of good, bad and indifferent but the most telling thing is, Warburton just doesn't seem to rate him, even when Chair's unavailable. He hasn't started a game this season and only did so in a few last season.

Should Warburton bring in an ACM this month I hope Thomas gets a loan out. Given he'll be 25 in a few weeks, he really needs game time if he's going to have a decent playing career.

Didn’t he start out of position in that Barnsley disaster and got pulled before the end of the first half?

I also want to see him get a start on Saturday, just to shake things up a bit. Think he could pair with Dykes well.
George Thomas on 17:18 - Jan 26 with 2066 viewsEastR

George Thomas on 16:36 - Jan 26 by BrianMcCarthy

So, Dykes and Thomas in.
Austin out, but who else out?

I think he has limited use to playing against teams that use that possession based play out style - in a 3-4-2-1 I'd have him one of the 2 (with Willock) would mean having to sacrifice Amos like last night
(I would have kept Amos on - injuries/fitness aside - and taken off Johansson)

but hey, that's all from my seat in Ellerslie

George Thomas on 17:54 - Jan 26 with 1993 viewspaulhoop2

Limited improvement last few games but still not a fan

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

George Thomas on 08:49 - Jan 27 with 1782 viewsSimplyNico

George Thomas on 17:54 - Jan 26 by paulhoop2

Limited improvement last few games but still not a fan

Seems like Warbs isn't either - WLS saying he and the Dominator are likely to go this window
George Thomas on 08:58 - Jan 27 with 1756 viewsstevec

To get the best out of him from what I’ve seen so far, I’d put him on bench for 20 mins, bring him on for 10 mins, take him off for 20 mins, bring him back on for 10 mins, off again for 20 mins and then on for a final 10 min onslaught.

Or something like that.
George Thomas on 10:51 - Jan 27 with 1635 viewsPinnerPaul

Might not be a choice if Willock doesn't make it.
George Thomas on 11:59 - Jan 27 with 1550 viewsrobith

I also think he should've replaced Austin. That industry a bit more centrally would've replaced what we lost with Amos, and personally I thought Austin could barely move
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024