Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Retro Kit Range 13:20 - Feb 24 with 1947 viewsslmrstid

This is just a thinking out loud process really, but does anyone know, or have any speculation, as to why the club are picking the kits they are for the current retro ranges? Certainly the more recent ones that have gone on sale. And how they're doing it.

So, I was nosing at them in the club shop last night and noted the home 97-99 shirt, the 99-00 away shirt and 03-04 away shirt all don't have a manufacturer logo (the original was Le Coq Sportif, which I'm sure you all know anyway). Whilst the Compaq 95-96 ones have the View From logo still.

So firstly, I wonder how they're going about having the patterns and stuff - is it a case the club retains the right to the pattern and then after a set amount of time can re-make them with another manufacturer? Which would explain why no logo on the Le Coq Sportif ones.

But then why does the View From remain? The only guess I can make is it doesn't exist anymore after Brendan Foster sold it to M&S in 2002 (which I never knew until I Googled it whilst writing this post).

Overall just curious really to how it all works.

I suppose the obvious answer would be to ask the club shop but you know, consult the hive mind of LFW first
The Retro Kit Range on 13:44 - Feb 24 with 1826 viewsTheChef

Must all come down to licensing.

You get the same with retro Score Draw tops, most tend not to have the kit sponsor logo but then they seem to have the license to use Bukta and Admiral logos.

I have to admit us making the 99-00 away retro shirts is a bit odd; I mean I quite liked it as something different and I still have my original one. But it does have a bit of the Fulhams about it!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Retro Kit Range on 13:54 - Feb 24 with 1784 viewsslmrstid

The Retro Kit Range on 13:44 - Feb 24 by TheChef

Must all come down to licensing.

You get the same with retro Score Draw tops, most tend not to have the kit sponsor logo but then they seem to have the license to use Bukta and Admiral logos.

I have to admit us making the 99-00 away retro shirts is a bit odd; I mean I quite liked it as something different and I still have my original one. But it does have a bit of the Fulhams about it!

I find both the 99-00 and 03-04 away ones as odd choices, simply because I wouldn't say either are regarded as "classic" kits per se. I suppose with 03-04 it does have the Hillsborough link at least.

Mind you the same could be the said for the 95-96 Compaq shirt they're selling and I bought that, but at least they've got the home shirt from the same season too.

And incidentally, in a way its odd they're selling that kit too as we got relegated that year so hardly one with happy memories for the club! That said I love the design on the home shirt with the dot matrix "QPR" in alternating colours.

I had both the 95-96 shirts originally when I was 6, and the home one was my first ever QPR shirt so because of that they are personal favourites of mine and I had to buy them both when they released them this year (and as a result I didn't buy this year's home shirt...)

So I suppose with saying the 99-00 and 03-04 choices seem odd, to someone else they may well have the same childhood memories the 95-96 ones hold for me!
The Retro Kit Range on 16:35 - Feb 24 with 1649 viewsOldPedro

The man to ask is Francis Atkinson who is the Manager of QPR retail and merch - he is on Twitter as qprfranny

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The Retro Kit Range on 16:43 - Feb 24 with 1620 viewsTheChef

The Retro Kit Range on 13:54 - Feb 24 by slmrstid

I find both the 99-00 and 03-04 away ones as odd choices, simply because I wouldn't say either are regarded as "classic" kits per se. I suppose with 03-04 it does have the Hillsborough link at least.

Mind you the same could be the said for the 95-96 Compaq shirt they're selling and I bought that, but at least they've got the home shirt from the same season too.

And incidentally, in a way its odd they're selling that kit too as we got relegated that year so hardly one with happy memories for the club! That said I love the design on the home shirt with the dot matrix "QPR" in alternating colours.

I had both the 95-96 shirts originally when I was 6, and the home one was my first ever QPR shirt so because of that they are personal favourites of mine and I had to buy them both when they released them this year (and as a result I didn't buy this year's home shirt...)

So I suppose with saying the 99-00 and 03-04 choices seem odd, to someone else they may well have the same childhood memories the 95-96 ones hold for me!

Yeah the 03-04 one is definitely there for the Hillsborough memories. And I always thought it was really smart, annoyingly I didn't pick one up at the time and it's incredibly hard to find an original one now; so I may have to bite the bullet and get the retro one. Same for the navy 95-96 one.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024