Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! 13:16 - Jan 8 with 3451 viewsJules4367

I posed the question as to 'Does anyone of importance read these posts?' yesterday and as yet no one of any significance has acknowledged or responded. So it appears that they don't!

If anyone out there knows a way to relay to the 'important people' that the HEART AND SOUL of the QPR support is in these posts and that we NEED to see that people actually care, rather than just giving us the platitudes of 'I DO feel sorry for the supporters' etc....

please do so!

Thanks
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 13:18]
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 13:21 - Jan 8 with 2884 viewsPunteR

I think we have already established from previous threads that people at the club do read Clives reports.
It probably wouldnt be wise if they started posting their favourite cheese on here just yet.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! ( on 13:22 - Jan 8 with 2879 viewsJules4367

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 13:21 - Jan 8 by PunteR

I think we have already established from previous threads that people at the club do read Clives reports.
It probably wouldnt be wise if they started posting their favourite cheese on here just yet.

Ok thanks for the reassurance-- I didn't know and didn't want to feel that I was wasting MORE of my time than watching them when they play like that! We were so optimistic in the Sheffield performance but...

Anyway...thanks for confirming!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 13:25]
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 13:28 - Jan 8 with 2809 viewsEsox_Lucius

Why do we NEED to see anything? Other than the team on matchdays, which is a personal choice. This smacks of entitlement and attention seeking.

The grass is always greener.

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 13:34 - Jan 8 with 2774 viewsJules4367

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 13:28 - Jan 8 by Esox_Lucius

Why do we NEED to see anything? Other than the team on matchdays, which is a personal choice. This smacks of entitlement and attention seeking.

The people who post here support QPR and care.

If there is a consensus in the expressed comments and posts from the true supporters then I at least, wanted to know that the people we are supporting actually see and read the comments and care as if they do not , why bother supporting them anymore?

The answer appears to be that they DO get to see them ---so not sure what the 'smacks of' comment is about - but heigh-ho thanks for replying.
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 13:49 - Jan 8 with 2705 viewsPunteR

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 13:34 - Jan 8 by Jules4367

If there is a consensus in the expressed comments and posts from the true supporters then I at least, wanted to know that the people we are supporting actually see and read the comments and care as if they do not , why bother supporting them anymore?

The answer appears to be that they DO get to see them ---so not sure what the 'smacks of' comment is about - but heigh-ho thanks for replying.

Yeh mate, i feel your pain, most of us do.
I dont agree with Esox comments about attention seeking and self entitlement. Your well within your rights to post what seemed to me just a desperate plea for the club to actually listen to the fans.
I value our fans opinions and the club should do too.

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 14:41 - Jan 8 with 2553 viewsdanehoop

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 13:34 - Jan 8 by Jules4367

Personally I am pretty numb to it now, cup games especially. Doesn't mean I don't care, just comes with 40 years of supporting QPR.

Can't help but notice you have made about 8 posts since December 2020 and everyone is pretty much the same. And you still never answered the cheese question.

Never knowingly understood

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 15:08 - Jan 8 with 2493 viewsJules4367

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 14:41 - Jan 8 by danehoop

Personally I am pretty numb to it now, cup games especially. Doesn't mean I don't care, just comes with 40 years of supporting QPR.

Can't help but notice you have made about 8 posts since December 2020 and everyone is pretty much the same. And you still never answered the cheese question.

Sorry, I didn't realise that I HAD to make lots of different posts and happy to see you can count up to eight.

What was the EDAM cheese question you CHESHIRE me STILTON answer? Sorry if this has been driving you EMMENTAL. I wont BRIE quick but will try to answer it CAERPHILY
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 15:11 - Jan 8 with 2475 viewsconnell10

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 15:08 - Jan 8 by Jules4367

Sorry, I didn't realise that I HAD to make lots of different posts and happy to see you can count up to eight.

What was the EDAM cheese question you CHESHIRE me STILTON answer? Sorry if this has been driving you EMMENTAL. I wont BRIE quick but will try to answer it CAERPHILY

As fans we are all in a position to do something by not buying anything from the club .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 15:24 - Jan 8 with 2405 viewsDamo1962

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 15:08 - Jan 8 by Jules4367

Whilst I think you are letting your anger and passion for the club get slightly hysterical, I know it comes from the heart.I'll give you a tip on how to survive on this MB, and enjoy it .In my experience of this and other QPR messages boards, there are some, who will never accept any opinion but their own. I like to refer to them as "Uber supporters". They are self-righteous bullies, and a couple are downright nasty. I have a healthy ignore list...I suggest you do the same😉
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 15:32 - Jan 8 with 2373 viewsJules4367

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 15:24 - Jan 8 by Damo1962

Whilst I think you are letting your anger and passion for the club get slightly hysterical, I know it comes from the heart.I'll give you a tip on how to survive on this MB, and enjoy it .In my experience of this and other QPR messages boards, there are some, who will never accept any opinion but their own. I like to refer to them as "Uber supporters". They are self-righteous bullies, and a couple are downright nasty. I have a healthy ignore list...I suggest you do the same😉

Thanks for this, happy to read and happy to say I really appreciate your advice/ post
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 15:59 - Jan 8 with 2321 viewsDannyPaddox

I know for a fact that the powers that be read this forum. I was speaking to someone very high up in the club recently. Although I can’t reveal their name they said they’d have no problems being on here openly answering as many queries as they can - but they’ve had an ongoing problem with registration.

Ah I guess there’s no harm saying who it is. Anyway I suggested to Jude to get in touch with admin about the registration problems. Let’s face it - it can’t be easy signing-in when instead of hands you’ve got massive furry paws the size of dinner plates.

In case your wondering. Favourite cheese: mousecarpone.
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 18:13 - Jan 8 with 2198 viewsEsox_Lucius

A sobering thought: maybe the club reflects the supporters? all gung ho when it is is going well and sorely lacking when things go nipples north. We only have a small section of our home crowds who sing most of the way through a game, the rest of time you could be forgiven for thinking that you were at funeral unless we score.
I have read a lot of times on here that people no longer go to games because they have fallen out of love with the club, it's no longer a priority, it's too expensive etc. some of these are some of the same people that rip into the club after a bad run so go figure. If the fans can't be all that bothered then why should the team get pelters when they do the same?
It may be perverse, but each season I take a look at the P&S/ FFP regulations for any changes which might benefit us and do a little research on what any changes may mean. My takeaway from this is that my ambition for the club is to stay solvent and still be around in another 60 years. This may appear to be lacking ambition in a lot of peoples eyes but for now I remain pragmatic about my expectations for QPR and, as alluded to elsewhere in this thread, a move away from W12 may be what saves us from oblivion and puts us back on the long term path to success for the club.

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 18:38 - Jan 8 with 2124 viewsPunteR

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 18:13 - Jan 8 by Esox_Lucius

A sobering thought: maybe the club reflects the supporters? all gung ho when it is is going well and sorely lacking when things go nipples north. We only have a small section of our home crowds who sing most of the way through a game, the rest of time you could be forgiven for thinking that you were at funeral unless we score.
I have read a lot of times on here that people no longer go to games because they have fallen out of love with the club, it's no longer a priority, it's too expensive etc. some of these are some of the same people that rip into the club after a bad run so go figure. If the fans can't be all that bothered then why should the team get pelters when they do the same?
It may be perverse, but each season I take a look at the P&S/ FFP regulations for any changes which might benefit us and do a little research on what any changes may mean. My takeaway from this is that my ambition for the club is to stay solvent and still be around in another 60 years. This may appear to be lacking ambition in a lot of peoples eyes but for now I remain pragmatic about my expectations for QPR and, as alluded to elsewhere in this thread, a move away from W12 may be what saves us from oblivion and puts us back on the long term path to success for the club.

ambition for the club is to stay solvent and still be around in another 60 years.

Thats really isnt the point of a game of football is it. ?
I know you are being pragmatic and our owners do have to think long term but do you really think they are thinking that far or if at all about the long term future of QPR and its fans or are they just looking out for their own interests.?
You cant blame the fans for our situation. This is all on the heads of the people who run the club.

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 18:50 - Jan 8 with 2079 viewsEsox_Lucius

It is for me, I have seen Wimbledon go under, Bradford PA, Notts Cty. and so many more since I began watching QPR and it would cut me far deeper to see us go out of business than to play in League 2. The owners DO have ambition but are finding it very difficult to realise it as things stand.The bond money didn't cover every expense so far at Heston, a lot has been put in by Ruben to make it as good as it is. I was told the pitches cost £4m each but I will stand to be corrected on that if untrue.
Until we are in a stadium that can make a profit, rather than be a money pit, then it won't matter who the board are, or the DoF, or the manager/coach, we will be playing with both hands tied behind our backs. Thanks Sky.

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 19:27 - Jan 8 with 2006 viewsPunteR

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 18:50 - Jan 8 by Esox_Lucius

It is for me, I have seen Wimbledon go under, Bradford PA, Notts Cty. and so many more since I began watching QPR and it would cut me far deeper to see us go out of business than to play in League 2. The owners DO have ambition but are finding it very difficult to realise it as things stand.The bond money didn't cover every expense so far at Heston, a lot has been put in by Ruben to make it as good as it is. I was told the pitches cost £4m each but I will stand to be corrected on that if untrue.
Until we are in a stadium that can make a profit, rather than be a money pit, then it won't matter who the board are, or the DoF, or the manager/coach, we will be playing with both hands tied behind our backs. Thanks Sky.

Even if we get a 40,000 seater stadium do you honestly think we well fill it every week if the team is shit?
I dont. and i dont think away fans will either. Not in the championship.
Maybe Coldplay fans will, with £500 pound tickets but i doubt that either when there is so many other decent venues in London.
Our owners are just kicking the proverbial can down the road , they have no real ambition for the club. I think they are trying to do the right thing after their balls up by keeping us going but i just think they dont even know what to do with us.
Hence LF.

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 19:52 - Jan 8 with 1937 viewsessextaxiboy

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 15:24 - Jan 8 by Damo1962

I don’t think anyone on here is “downright nasty “‘
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 20:37 - Jan 8 with 1853 viewsDamo1962

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 19:52 - Jan 8 by essextaxiboy

Not to you maybe. I'll rephrase it then, some are personal and intolerant. The ignore button is there for a reason... and I'm pretty sure I'm on a few lists 😉
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 21:18 - Jan 8 with 1814 viewsnumptydumpty

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 20:37 - Jan 8 by Damo1962

Not to you maybe. I'll rephrase it then, some are personal and intolerant. The ignore button is there for a reason... and I'm pretty sure I'm on a few lists 😉

I don't have anyone on ignore.

Can't say anyone offends me in anyways and there will be posters that don't agree with others.

Hence the name forum, a place for debate.

I like reading different viewpoints as it can help to see things how others see it and occasionally can take on board, different approaches.

Anyhow don't know what I am saying now, am boring myself so think, I will ignore my good self !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 21:25 - Jan 8 with 1804 viewsDejR_vu

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 19:52 - Jan 8 by essextaxiboy

It has gotten better. There were a few not too many years ago who were downright vile.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 21:34 - Jan 8 with 1784 viewsVancouverHoop

Bigger clubs than us have fallen on harder times. Doesn't seem that long to me since Man City were playing at the third level and Fulham at the fourth. Sunderland are only just recovering from an extended dire spell.

We, OTOH, have survived our various difficulties over the last twenty-odd years comparatively well. We've bounced between the top three divisions since the days of our First Division pomp, but most of them have been spent, more or less, where we are now. Which, given our relatively small size and fan-base, is not a bad achievement especially given the local competition.

Maybe to some supporters this sounds passive or, worse, complacent but it stems from over half a century following QPR – either close-up or, these days, from some distance. Outside the top half-dozen or so EPL clubs, or the few newer EFL teams that tend to be rich man's follies, similar discussions to this one happen everywhere in the country. Which is ultimately my point. We are not alone. It's worth remembering that.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 21:58]
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 10:49 - Jan 9 with 1511 viewsJuzzie

I'm not sure owners/powers-that-be should respond/engage on here. It would be a poisonous place and a thankless task plus if they do so on here they they would have to on all the other platforms too. There just isn't the time available to do that. Clive, for example, has his hands full as it is on here. Imagine him having to do the same on a handful of other sites plus run a football club and plus running all your other business interests.

That's why there is a fans forum. If anyone is concerned, apply for the next one.

[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 11:03]
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 10:58 - Jan 9 with 1487 viewsswisscottage

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 18:38 - Jan 8 by PunteR

ambition for the club is to stay solvent and still be around in another 60 years.

Thats really isnt the point of a game of football is it. ?
I know you are being pragmatic and our owners do have to think long term but do you really think they are thinking that far or if at all about the long term future of QPR and its fans or are they just looking out for their own interests.?
You cant blame the fans for our situation. This is all on the heads of the people who run the club.

"That really isn't the point of any one game of football is it?" - no, I agree an individual game of football, the aim is to win, or occasionally not lose depending on your circumstances in relation to the table position and impact on relegation or promotion probabilities.

However, it is a necessity for any community centric business whether it be a football club, youth centre, advice centres etc.

If the owners were purely in this for their own self interests they would have walked away years ago. I reckon they've sunk over 300mil into the club now, if not more, and that rises at about 1 million a month.

They have practically zero chance of making their money back outside of getting us established in the premiership and selling us for billions. The only way that occurs is if we have a freakish season or we gradually build the club through proper structure and framework to enable the buying developing and selling of players for profit, in order to gradually allow us to raise the bar similar to they Brentford have done.

Every indication is that is what they are doing. You don't buy and develop new training facilities if your interests are short term. Even though this is partly funded by the bond scheme, that only goes so far. and they are extremely limited in what they can do due to FFP and the crash of the mid level player market post COVID.

Buying players costs money.
Players salaries, appearance money, bonuses cost money.

The quality of players and size of squad of quality players you can afford its entirely limited by club income + 11mil of money input by the owners per year.

If you average 14k gates, don't have facilities to generate non-matchday income then you are generally speaking going to be a bottom half championship club unless you can generate significant income from transfers.

part of the problem we have as supporters (me included) is that our expectations are higher than the finances dictate over the long term.

Yes, small well run clubs with funding from owners can punch above that in a short period, allowing a vey occasional promotion push, and once they are in the premiership, each season's survival can then further improve the structure of the club going forward..

Our promotion push came last season. Hit the rocks in the 2nd half, and has left us financially constrained this season because of it.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 11:11]
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 11:44 - Jan 9 with 1408 viewsstainrods_elbow

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 21:18 - Jan 8 by numptydumpty

I don't have anyone on ignore.

Can't say anyone offends me in anyways and there will be posters that don't agree with others.

Hence the name forum, a place for debate.

I like reading different viewpoints as it can help to see things how others see it and occasionally can take on board, different approaches.

Anyhow don't know what I am saying now, am boring myself so think, I will ignore my good self !!!!

The Irish poet Ciaran Carson once told me he couldn't understand poets who insisted to him they didn't want to read too much as it might dilute or undermine their 'voice' , whereas, he declared fiercely, 'I want to be influenced by everybody'. Heart-warming to see you're taking a leaf out of the great late sonneteer's book and showing up the intolerant/suppressive/anti-democratic snowflakes who can't wait to screen people out for challenging their precious and fragile status quos for what they are.

Meanwhile, it's hilarious to me that, when I got it in the neck some time back from one or two of the usual suspects for writing an impassioned, strcutured and reasoned letter to Lee Hoos about goings-on at the club, and was brave/stupid enough to share it, I was told I was living in cloud cuckoo land, and now people are pleading for someone, anyone, at the club to read a fans' message board and provide their report. You couldn't actually make it up, but it does reinforce what a dream world some people live in, and that it's not what you say here but who saying it that makes the waves.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 11:45]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 15:28 - Jan 9 with 1239 viewsPinnerPaul

E mail is your friend.

Why not email the club rather than expecting 'them' - Les and Lee and the players perhaps?to read a messageboard such as this?

Now in my view this is one of the most sensible boards in football, but you still get many personal comments and nonsense on here - not sure just making sure random people at the club come on here from time to time is the answer to all our problems.
NO-ONE in a position to do anything at the club actually READS these posts!!!! on 17:08 - Jan 9 with 1169 viewsA40Bosh

I would like to think that the media team take a look at fan forums to gauge the temperature and perhaps take this intoconsideration in how to position comms and keeping the vibe positive - not that I think they get that right either from some of the stuff I see.

Other than that I don’t think for 2 secs that the rest of the club from the CEO to DoF to manager to goalie coach to players or Jude NEED to come on here - if they need to come in here to pick up the fact that in two of the last three games the performance was totally u acceptable then they should not be in their job.

Why would Kakay or Travelman want to come on here and see the pelters they get from Clive in his reports - hardly going to improve their confidence or make them suddenly realise that they have not done their job properly. If they cannot look in the mirror and see it is not good enough, if the manager has not told them it is not good enough, then it is pointless them coming on here . They play for their contracts and watches and cars, they might play for the manager at times. Seldom is all this badge kissing actually a real desire to do it for the fans.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 17:09]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024