Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie on Open All Rs 15:33 - Apr 5 with 8846 viewsdmm

Has anyone else listened to the latest Open All Rs podcast? It's an Ollie special.

His main point is supporters must get behind Ainsworth and the team to help them avoid relegation. Absolutely fair enough, and it sounded like he was back in the dressing room at halftime 1-0 down.

But after a while, his stream of consciousness becomes something of a convoluted diatribe about anything and everything. He must have taken 90% of the conversation. I love the man, as we all do, but when he's like this I can't help wondering if he's okay.
Ollie on Open All Rs on 16:10 - Apr 5 with 5552 viewsrobith

LOve Ollie.

Can't listen to him. It's like a James Joyce novel being read aloud
Ollie on Open All Rs on 16:13 - Apr 5 with 5534 viewsconnell10

Standard Ollie , love the bloke.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ollie on Open All Rs on 16:17 - Apr 5 with 5517 viewsmart_Goblin

Listening now.
Started off by immediately persuading me go on Friday . Got no money but made me think that the team need us whether they deserve our support or not .

They do need us loud and passionate on Friday and by hook or by crook I’ll be there .

But after a while he just starts contradicting himself . Telling us as fans to ‘stop moaning ‘ and then spends over an hour moaning about everything at the club . It’s bizarre frankly .

You can’t tell the poor sods who spend their time and money week in week out that they ain’t entitled to moan at this bunch .

I know his point is more of a rallying cry to us and that’s a good thing .
But Ollie, who I love by the way , is rambling nonsense at times . Strange
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 16:25]
Ollie on Open All Rs on 17:11 - Apr 5 with 5379 viewsTalkingRangers

Full Video version of the Pod out now!

Just glad I managed it out alive on this one :)
Ollie on Open All Rs on 17:17 - Apr 5 with 5339 viewsmart_Goblin

Ollie on Open All Rs on 17:11 - Apr 5 by TalkingRangers

Full Video version of the Pod out now!

Just glad I managed it out alive on this one :)

Didn’t think he spoke to you that well Charlie.

As I said , I love Ollie from being his apprentice when he was a player to him being a manager and a character but I thought he didn’t try to understand yours or anyone else’s points that were being made .
Ollie on Open All Rs on 17:26 - Apr 5 with 5313 viewsHooping_Mad

He just cannot understand the point of view of a supporter, well Ollie I will enlighten you. I f we don't turn up, players and manager aren't needed or required. Simple as. We just want to be entertained, and guess what allowed to entertain out own opinions.

Please for the love of god lets us have that, we all work very hard all week to be able to support this team do not question our integrity.

I love the man for everything he given of himself for this club, but if anyone ever doubts what being QPR'd means then listen to this podcast.

I really think and needs counselling, he sees no validity in anyone's opinion bar his own and I am worried for him, his mind seems to still be playing the same record that nearly started a riot at Millwall. His comments about people touching each other during the pandemic shocked me. As a cancer patient during the pandemic I had much more important thing to worry about other than other people touching each other.

Someone maybe could have suggested a re-record or god forbid 'lost' that recording all together.

I did take away one thing. he won't ever be back as manager.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 17:27]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Ollie on Open All Rs on 18:02 - Apr 5 with 5200 viewsKingstan

Wow! That was a dreadful listen, I had to turn it off after 30 mins. An awful rambling rant.
Ollie on Open All Rs on 18:27 - Apr 5 with 5126 viewsJames_Paddocks

Yeah, love the bloke but that was mostly bizarre.

Is there a QPR podcast that just calmly discusses recent matches? I want to hear a discussion on our tactical set up/performance against Wigan, not an hour long rant about why I need to get behind these bunch of c@nts even more.
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie on Open All Rs on 18:34 - Apr 5 with 5088 viewsTalkingRangers

Ollie on Open All Rs on 18:27 - Apr 5 by James_Paddocks

Is there a QPR podcast that just calmly discusses recent matches? I want to hear a discussion on our tactical set up/performance against Wigan, not an hour long rant about why I need to get behind these bunch of c@nts even more.

I very much appreciate this point. Ollie was supposed to join for 15mins give us his take on the squad/Ainsworth - then jump off and we’d chat over Wigan, assessment of squad, look to Preston etc.

But my word did Olly take it off the rails. Couldn’t get a word in from start to finish and didn’t get to discuss over the needed topics. Upon completion, there is no way Ollie would re-run so we’re stuck.

Tangent doesn’t come close, but hopefully things don’t head that west again.

Thanks for your feedback.
Ollie on Open All Rs on 18:36 - Apr 5 with 5083 viewsted_hendrix

Can't listen to the bloke and If I'm being truthful I never could, I don't need telling who I should be spending my pension income on either.

Thanks for Sheff Wed away, that was a great day out ta.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ollie on Open All Rs on 18:48 - Apr 5 with 5020 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ollie on Open All Rs on 18:34 - Apr 5 by TalkingRangers

I very much appreciate this point. Ollie was supposed to join for 15mins give us his take on the squad/Ainsworth - then jump off and we’d chat over Wigan, assessment of squad, look to Preston etc.

But my word did Olly take it off the rails. Couldn’t get a word in from start to finish and didn’t get to discuss over the needed topics. Upon completion, there is no way Ollie would re-run so we’re stuck.

Charlie, no reason to explain.

I love your work on Rangers. We're lucky to have you. I think we're all wise enough to take Ollie as he is, for better and for worse.

Keep up the good work and here's hoping the next episode gives you happier events to discuss.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ollie on Open All Rs on 19:00 - Apr 5 with 4999 viewsJamesB1979

Ollie on Open All Rs on 18:34 - Apr 5 by TalkingRangers

Love the stuff you, the other guys on the podcast, Clive and others do for qpr on media front. Some great podcasts and articles etc. For a small club, we are spoilt.

As for this podcast, quite liked it at first but thought he was then pretty rude and condescending to you to be honest. Couldn’t really take what he was saying seriously after that.
Ollie on Open All Rs on 20:14 - Apr 5 with 4781 viewsnumptydumpty

Thank you Charlie, Finney and Chris for the podcasts you do.

I remember watching a documentary some time ago that Holloway was in and it was discussions around anger which Ollie admitted to struggling with.

I think he is a genuine QPR fan these days and clearly he is peed off with our current situation.

Fair enough but unfortunately on this pod, it was a bit of a runaway.

Everyone has their day.

Perhaps Ian has been reading a few moans on here. Can't say at games people are not behind the team. We all want them to do well but there are plenty of ways to skin a cat and its clear Holloway is an ex manager.

We are behind Ainsworth. And obviously we want our players to perform.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 20:16]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ollie on Open All Rs on 20:27 - Apr 5 with 4728 viewsMoonshineSteve

Well I enjoyed it. Thought he was bizarre and hilarious and enthusiastic. Bet you're glad you asked your question Charlie.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Ollie on Open All Rs on 20:31 - Apr 5 with 4711 viewsA40Bosh

I did 34mins and then realised how much time was left on the pod.

I get it Olly, but at some point the players have to turn up and so their bit as well as us and Gaz!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Ollie on Open All Rs on 20:46 - Apr 5 with 4664 viewsnumptydumpty

Actually would be brilliant if ex managers and players were present under a pseudonym on this forum and we could probably pick out Ollie pretty easily I would think

The ultimate "wearing your heart on your sleeve" fan !!!

Ollie on Open All Rs on 20:57 - Apr 5 with 4629 viewsPeterHucker

I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Ollie is one of a kind and there's no doubting the confidence he has in Gareth.
He makes up in passion what he lacks in historical accuracy and he rambles on about all sorts of stuff and his mind goes off on tangents (ADHD?) but there's nothing really to argue with the main point that he kept coming back to.
Namely complaining about board / players / everything can wait till the season has finished, for the rest of the season we just need to get behind the team and help them get the points needed to stay up.
I liked the definition of confidence he gave, he was spot on with that.
Top bloke and he genuinely loves QPR.

Ollie on Open All Rs on 21:37 - Apr 5 with 4507 viewsdaveB

I love Holloway and in among his rant he made some good points and also spoke some absolute nonsense as well about doing away with passing the ball and just lumping it etc. He lost the plot a bit at Charlies question which I thought he completely misunderstood as a dig at Ainsworth when it clearly wasn't.

At least he cares I suppose and although I get what he's saying about fans getting behind the team we really have been to be fair, they've had a very easy ride from the fans
Ollie on Open All Rs on 21:41 - Apr 5 with 4498 viewsJamesB1979

Ollie on Open All Rs on 21:37 - Apr 5 by daveB

I love Holloway and in among his rant he made some good points and also spoke some absolute nonsense as well about doing away with passing the ball and just lumping it etc. He lost the plot a bit at Charlies question which I thought he completely misunderstood as a dig at Ainsworth when it clearly wasn't.

At least he cares I suppose and although I get what he's saying about fans getting behind the team we really have been to be fair, they've had a very easy ride from the fans

He didn’t misunderstand it at all. He wanted to answer a different question.
Ollie on Open All Rs on 22:01 - Apr 5 with 4452 views1JD

Ollie on Open All Rs on 21:37 - Apr 5 by daveB

One of the reasons he got fired was because of his lump it football style, bang it long to Matt Smith, who wasn’t even a hold up striker. Which the fans had simply had enough of. He really doesn’t get that.

His footballing philosophy - be direct and work hard - is loud and clear in that interview. And it’s no surprise that he backs Ainsworth to the hilt - they are two peas out of the same pod.

Like Ainsworth, he preferred older pros and functional footballers. And as for him regularly taking credit for bringing through the youngsters, that is simply not true. Chair didn’t get a look in till last game of the season if I recall correctly. He criminally under-used what he had in the younger ranks at the time. Another reason he didn’t get to keep his job.
Ollie on Open All Rs on 22:13 - Apr 5 with 4399 viewsjtuck

Ollie on Open All Rs on 18:27 - Apr 5 by James_Paddocks

Hoops and Dreams weekly preview podcast is sensible and good. Dave Barton and James from oop north excellent. And it's only 15 minutes on average. 2 thumbs up.

LAranger

Ollie on Open All Rs on 22:27 - Apr 5 with 4359 viewsnumptydumpty

Ollie on Open All Rs on 22:01 - Apr 5 by 1JD

One of the reasons he got fired was because of his lump it football style, bang it long to Matt Smith, who wasn’t even a hold up striker. Which the fans had simply had enough of. He really doesn’t get that.

His footballing philosophy - be direct and work hard - is loud and clear in that interview. And it’s no surprise that he backs Ainsworth to the hilt - they are two peas out of the same pod.

Like Ainsworth, he preferred older pros and functional footballers. And as for him regularly taking credit for bringing through the youngsters, that is simply not true. Chair didn’t get a look in till last game of the season if I recall correctly. He criminally under-used what he had in the younger ranks at the time. Another reason he didn’t get to keep his job.

In his last few games he put Joel Lynch up top on occasions !!!

One of the many bizarre moments encapsulating all that being a QPR fan can be all about !!!

Plan Z
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 22:27]

Ollie on Open All Rs on 23:08 - Apr 5 with 4282 viewsAd99

Like many, I thought he had some good points. A) the players - atrocious or not - are unlikely to perform even though they are fully deserving of a rendition of 'you're not fit to wear the shirt...' B) the importance of team balance - Taarabt and Routledge/Smith etc functioned so well because of the mix with Hill, Derry, Faurlin etc.

Couldn't listen to the whole thing though. Ian cannot see the situation from a fan's perspective. At one point I was longing for one of the hosts to stop or interupt him and say 'actually Ian, it's been utter dross, so tell me why and how we should go on being beacons of positivity?'

For my two cents worth, I couldn't give a toss how GA plays the game in these last seven matches. Just get the points to keep us safe and then have the summer to do your work.
Ollie on Open All Rs on 23:16 - Apr 5 with 4257 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Even though they were wrapped in a prickly package, I agreed with every point he made.

We can’t control what the players, staff, or board do. All we can do is

A) Support as much as we can
B) Don’t

I know which one gives us the better chance of survival, even if they don’t deserve it.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 23:56]
Ollie on Open All Rs on 23:17 - Apr 5 with 4249 viewsDiscodroids

I love olly but i just cant listen to him .

His Stanley unwin ogdens nut gone flake Speech patterns aggravate the shit out of me and i end up jutting my chin out in rage like mussolini in the back of his kubelwagen at his interviews.

Great Bloke but i'd rather listen to Stephen Fry recite his anecdotes of His 5 hour dinners in Le Chalet de la Forêt with Elton John over the hors d'oeuvres.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 23:18]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024