Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
25 years ago this week 09:49 - May 11 with 1999 viewsloftboy

I started work for a new company, in our rest room they had installed two computers for staff to use the internet on when on a break.
At this point I’d never used a computer for browsing and didn’t have a clue where to start, after a bit of tuition from a colleague I plucked up the courage “to have a go” I tentatively typed in QPR to the search engine not expecting anything to come up, to my surprise I stumbled across “Rivals” after a few weeks of “hovering” I plucked up the courage to register and start posting.
If you had said to me that 25 years later I would still be posting as my alter ego I would have considered you mad.
Seen a lot of posters come and go and more importantly made some good friends.
We’ve lost a few along the way but have also been joined by newer posters who keep the whole cycle going.
Not sure the point I’m trying to make but this place is definitely my “safe and happy place”

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

25 years ago this week on 09:59 - May 11 with 1917 viewsTonto

its a lot safer since Ingham left...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

25 years ago this week on 10:04 - May 11 with 1898 viewsloftboy

25 years ago this week on 09:59 - May 11 by Tonto

its a lot safer since Ingham left...

Especially when people replied to him using the “quote” button!

25 years ago this week on 10:05 - May 11 with 1893 viewsWokingR

Mate Seriously !?
Everything you could have searched for or wanted to look at and your first thought was Qpr.
25 years ago this week on 10:09 - May 11 with 1867 viewsloftboy

25 years ago this week on 10:05 - May 11 by WokingR

Mate Seriously !?
Everything you could have searched for or wanted to look at and your first thought was Qpr.

Don’t judge everyone by your search engine Woking ! 😂😂😂

25 years ago this week on 10:13 - May 11 with 1840 viewsfrancisbowles

25 years ago this week on 10:09 - May 11 by loftboy

Don’t judge everyone by your search engine Woking ! 😂😂😂

Happy Silver Anniversary Loftboy.
25 years ago this week on 09:06 - May 12 with 1536 viewsGaryT

1996, first computer + dial up modem so naturally the first three letters I typed were QPR. First hit was QPR.ORG...and the world would never be the same again.
25 years ago this week on 09:53 - May 12 with 1470 viewsEsox_Lucius

25 years ago this week on 09:06 - May 12 by GaryT

1996, first computer + dial up modem so naturally the first three letters I typed were QPR. First hit was QPR.ORG...and the world would never be the same again.

Pretty much the same for me. Bought a modem and used it for Warez, Phreakz & Hackerz sites for a year or so and then heard about Ben starting QPR.Org and joined it within days of it starting up. I used to be on Zeus' website too when I lived in the US at the end of the century and there were some great posters on there. Moved to Drew's board when Ben got sick and the board closed for a bit. I got asked to leave RFI because I wasn't rw enough and now it is just this board.
I have always, and only, been Esox Lucius in all my time on QPR boards too. Some I meet at games still call me Esox despite knowing my name too

The grass is always greener.

25 years ago this week on 15:40 - May 12 with 1314 viewsHantsR

25 years ago this week on 09:53 - May 12 by Esox_Lucius

Pretty much the same for me. Bought a modem and used it for Warez, Phreakz & Hackerz sites for a year or so and then heard about Ben starting QPR.Org and joined it within days of it starting up. I used to be on Zeus' website too when I lived in the US at the end of the century and there were some great posters on there. Moved to Drew's board when Ben got sick and the board closed for a bit. I got asked to leave RFI because I wasn't rw enough and now it is just this board.
I have always, and only, been Esox Lucius in all my time on QPR boards too. Some I meet at games still call me Esox despite knowing my name too

Don't tell 'em Pike!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024