Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what have we learned during the 'Summer'? 17:53 - Aug 4 with 744 viewsJules4367

You'd like to think that, at some stage between the end of the last season and this afternoon, someone at the club has had the thought 'what were we doing wrong and how can we change it?' and then done something about it.

Securing the defence gets a tick and would go some way to keeping the 'Goals Against' tally lower per game...so more 2-0 losses as opposed to last year's 3-0 losses is something they have been working on!

IF (and as you can see its a big IF) however, we can keep the opposition from scoring more than 1 then we need to score 1 to get a draw and 2 to get a win (so glad I attended school the day they did 'Sums'!) and so I wonder:

Do you think we will pepper the opponents' goals with shots?

or see Dykes presented with crosses that clear the first defender?

and, if not, where are our goals coming from?

So what do you think will actually be different from a positive perspective?...
have they learned to do something 'positive' during the summer?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 17:59]
So what have we learned during the 'Summer'? on 18:04 - Aug 4 with 695 viewshantssi

Sounds like the company I work for. The owner spent a month or so talking to all his employees to find out what we could do better and had done precisely nothing at all except tinker around the edges!
So what have we learned during the 'Summer'? on 18:19 - Aug 4 with 648 viewsderbyhoop

1. Test cricket is the best form of the game. But that's just confirmation of what I already knew.
2. Gardening can be therapeutic
3. Learning a foreign language gets difficult for OAPs

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So what have we learned during the 'Summer'? on 15:12 - Aug 5 with 470 viewsJules4367

Well...they haven't learned or done anything about the fact that they always score against us with the first shot on target!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024