Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crown And Sceptre 10:38 - Oct 4 with 4785 viewsAberystwythR

Been going to C&S pre match for years now and the time you have to arrive to get a table (inside or out) is getting earlier and earlier, having some mates travel down for the game on sat so can any of the early regulars at C&S advise on what time we'd need to be arriving to ensure a table?
Crown And Sceptre on 10:39 - Oct 4 with 3764 viewsNorthernr

New landlord has started opening at 1030 now which is probably why. Plus the paucity of other decent pubs.

It usually starts to fill up from midday.
Crown And Sceptre on 10:44 - Oct 4 with 3720 viewsTheChef

Crown And Sceptre on 10:39 - Oct 4 by Northernr

New landlord has started opening at 1030 now which is probably why. Plus the paucity of other decent pubs.

I assume your Peroni consumption over the last few years has secured you Premium VIP membership at the C&S and your own roped-off table?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Crown And Sceptre on 10:53 - Oct 4 with 3672 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Crown And Sceptre on 10:39 - Oct 4 by Northernr

Plus the Defectors has been closed and doesn't open again until November I believe.
Crown And Sceptre on 10:53 - Oct 4 with 3670 viewstoboboly

Crown And Sceptre on 10:44 - Oct 4 by TheChef

I assume your Peroni consumption over the last few years has secured you Premium VIP membership at the C&S and your own roped-off table?

Seny Dieng was said to be "very jealous"

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Crown And Sceptre on 10:56 - Oct 4 with 3638 viewsMrSheen

O'Donoghue's a bit of a barn and doesn't do cask beer or food, but cheeeeeeeeeeeap.
Crown And Sceptre on 10:57 - Oct 4 with 3632 viewsqprxtc

Plenty of room in The Pav. Out in the “Garden” or the Conservatory.

Although it doesn’t open till midday and the menu is a bit crap and getting served can take a good while. Plus it’s a bit of a trudge up from The Bush and sometimes they can’t pour a proper pint of Guinness.

Apart from all that it’s fine and dandy.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 10:58]
Crown And Sceptre on 10:58 - Oct 4 with 3620 viewsNorthernr

Crown And Sceptre on 10:53 - Oct 4 by CroydonCaptJack

Plus the Defectors has been closed and doesn't open again until November I believe.

Yeh there's a few regulars from there, who post on here, have made that move.

It'll obvs get worse over the next few weeks as the weather keeps people out of the garden and the never ending rugby world cup gets to the point where the games actually matter.
Crown And Sceptre on 11:01 - Oct 4 with 3604 viewstoboboly

Crown And Sceptre on 10:58 - Oct 4 by Northernr

It'll obvs get worse over the next few weeks as the weather keeps people out of the garden and the never ending rugby world cup gets to the point where the games actually matter.

Don't forget the cricket world cup!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Crown And Sceptre on 11:10 - Oct 4 with 3555 viewsTheChef

Shepherd and Flock still seems to get missed by many (although selfishly, long may that continue!)

Crown And Sceptre on 11:16 - Oct 4 with 3528 viewsterryb

Crown And Sceptre on 10:58 - Oct 4 by Northernr

My pros for the two pubs, although they might be different when the Defectors re-opens!

DEFECTORS

Proper Job (St Austell brewery)
Booking a table
Better toilets
Closer to the underground stations
Closer to the ground

C&S

Better menu (not that I eat prior to a game, but there is no comparison)
Cheaper menu
Cheaper beer prices
Better range of real ales (not always the case, but it was last saturday)
Better mix of customers

Perhaps they even themselves out, but Proper Job & locality are the reasons I will return to the Defectors. I fear that they will change their products, customer base & prices will increase though. If so, it will be back to the C&S!
Crown And Sceptre on 11:59 - Oct 4 with 3412 viewscolinallcars

The Andover in Brackenbury Village is good - bit further to walk though.
Crown And Sceptre on 12:04 - Oct 4 with 3398 viewsdmm

I still miss the Goldhawk
Crown And Sceptre on 12:25 - Oct 4 with 3296 viewsRBlock

Massively underrated boozer is The Askew, on the corner of Askew Road and Uxbridge. I drink in the Crown on match days, but The Askew is my local during the week. Sky & BT, big screens, £4.30 for a Guinness and a decent pint as well. Gets busy before the match I think, but quiets down after and is good craic.
Crown And Sceptre on 12:57 - Oct 4 with 3193 viewsrobith

Crown And Sceptre on 11:10 - Oct 4 by TheChef

Shepherd and Flock still seems to get missed by many (although selfishly, long may that continue!)

Was absolutely deserted post match on Saturday (which was good for me as I got myself into a right auld drunken state)
Crown And Sceptre on 13:32 - Oct 4 with 3083 viewsTheChef

Crown And Sceptre on 12:57 - Oct 4 by robith

Was absolutely deserted post match on Saturday (which was good for me as I got myself into a right auld drunken state)

Funnily enough I think there's a definite trend of pubs being busier after a win...

Crown And Sceptre on 13:36 - Oct 4 with 3066 viewsG_Ottershaw

i've always wondered for those people coming in from the east, how do you usually get to the C&S ? It's a nice pub, but it's quite a trek, unless you're jumping on one of the local buses.
Crown And Sceptre on 13:50 - Oct 4 with 3028 viewsterryb

Crown And Sceptre on 13:36 - Oct 4 by G_Ottershaw

i've always wondered for those people coming in from the east, how do you usually get to the C&S ? It's a nice pub, but it's quite a trek, unless you're jumping on one of the local buses.

The quickest way I've found is Hammersmith & City /Circle line to Shepherds Bush market. Turn right onto Uxbridge Road & then left onto Boscombe Road (opposite the Queen Adelaine), continuing till you see the C&S on your right (bottom of the road).

Others may know a quicker way!
Crown And Sceptre on 14:25 - Oct 4 with 2926 viewsrobith

Crown And Sceptre on 13:36 - Oct 4 by G_Ottershaw

I come in from Walthamstow and this is my route in

Get off at Goldhawk Road, walk west down past the ShepFlo, turn right at Nisbets, take the path down past Hammersmith Academy
Crown And Sceptre on 15:17 - Oct 4 with 2786 viewsflynnbo

B&B @ C&S?
Crown And Sceptre on 15:48 - Oct 4 with 2724 viewsHayesender

I popped into the Duchess on the Goldhawk Rd after the game Saturday as I had to get the district line back to Richmond.

Probably a wee bit too far for a pre-match drink, but decent all the same.

On the subject of getting back to Richmond, the train from Stamford Brook was rammed with West Ham fans. When did so many West Ham fans come from Richmond way?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Crown And Sceptre on 16:37 - Oct 4 with 2610 viewsBoston

Crown And Sceptre on 15:48 - Oct 4 by Hayesender

I popped into the Duchess on the Goldhawk Rd after the game Saturday as I had to get the district line back to Richmond.

Probably a wee bit too far for a pre-match drink, but decent all the same.

On the subject of getting back to Richmond, the train from Stamford Brook was rammed with West Ham fans. When did so many West Ham fans come from Richmond way?

Should have seen the numbers at Paddington heading west.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Crown And Sceptre on 16:57 - Oct 4 with 2534 viewshubble

Crown And Sceptre on 12:04 - Oct 4 by dmm

I still miss the Goldhawk

I still miss the Bushranger!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Crown And Sceptre on 17:46 - Oct 4 with 2402 viewsstowmarketrange

The White Horse has been a bit quiet over the last couple of games.Maybe the £4.15 for a pint of Guinness is putting people off.Or people can’t always guarantee that they’ll get in easily might be another reason.
On my usual walk from Liverpool st or Oxford Circus I pass a few pubs quite close to central line stations,but I’ve never tried any of them but it would be lovely to drink out of a glass instead of a plastic cup.
Crown And Sceptre on 17:55 - Oct 4 with 2380 viewsSK_hoops

Crown And Sceptre on 11:10 - Oct 4 by TheChef

I worry about this place. Any time I've been in, not on a match day it's often completely empty.
Crown And Sceptre on 18:09 - Oct 4 with 2326 viewsRangersw12

The Askew is the best pub nowadays

Cheap and easy to get served
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024