Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE 22:44 - Jun 8 with 2354 viewsQPR1882

What better way of educating the youngsters to tournament life with England then letting them play shite and get knocked out early.

I think they are ready now Stuart.

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 23:20 - Jun 8 with 1910 viewsTheBlob

I suppose some might argue he was the victim of clubs' refusal to release players - 11 was it?

Anyway,the guy's a khunt.Bankrupt tactics.
Time to move on Stuart my son.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 23:24 - Jun 8 with 1892 viewspaulparker

Couldn't agree more, 2 years a go we didn't get through the group with
The likes of, welbeck, smalling,jones,Sturridge,Sinclair,
And yet here we are again with the same tatics (none)
Shat set pieces, long ball, No ball retention, no feck all
Until the Kunts at the FA wake up and employ proper coaches Ie hoddle, el tel,
Gerry Francis,curbishley, and stop fecking around with yes men like
Psycho & woy we won't do anything
We are light years away from the top countries it's frightening hell even
The not so top countries are a head of us
Every tournament we have the same conversation and nothing changes
The Fa & premier league have killed football n this country

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 23:28 - Jun 8 with 1875 viewsTheBlob

The legacy of Howard Wilkinson lives on.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 23:47 - Jun 8 with 1848 viewsCamberleyR

The legacy of Charles Hughes lives on more like...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 00:52 - Jun 9 with 1783 viewsShotKneesHoop

The legacy of Nevil Chamberlain live son.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 00:57 - Jun 9 with 1775 viewsNov77

In other words QPR fan watches his team play sh!t.

Nothing new there.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 01:06 - Jun 9 with 1763 viewsShotKneesHoop

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 00:57 - Jun 9 by Nov77

In other words QPR fan watches his team play sh!t.

Nothing new there.

We see it more often.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 10:38 - Jun 9 with 1464 viewsHollowayRanger

we dont even reach penalties now

love to know how much those norway kids are on compared to our over paid over rated spolit brats

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 10:39 - Jun 9 with 1464 viewskarl

Only listened on radio but commentator and David Pleat almost laughed at Pearce for pushing Caulker up front in last 10 mins to play as emergency forward when he had 2forwards on the bench.
It's one thing to lose when you've played to a dynamic system but you've not been allowed your best players to exploit it fully than just going to basics and lumping the ball about. As I said listened on radio but definitely how the commentators were describing it.
CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 10:49 - Jun 9 with 1446 viewsTHEBUSH

Afraid Stuart Pearce is past his sell by date, the under 21's need a more tactically aware coach !!

The days of, get stuck in lads, has gone, English football, needs more than that.
CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 12:22 - Jun 9 with 1353 viewsdaveB

you could put the most tactically aware coach in the world in charge it will make no odds, the players are not good enough, what chance has Pearce got when his 13 best players pull out for a variety of reasons, he's left with a championship side which isn't good enough at international level.

In the qualifiers Pearce plays quite an attacking 4-2-3-1 system, same as he did in the finals but in the qualifiers the players produce, they didn't in the finals so the same tactics are slaughtered.

Pearce will lose his job but don't expect the next wonder coach to change anything when you have so few english players getting regular football in the top two leagues of this country
CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 16:01 - Jun 9 with 1248 viewspaulparker

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 12:22 - Jun 9 by daveB

you could put the most tactically aware coach in the world in charge it will make no odds, the players are not good enough, what chance has Pearce got when his 13 best players pull out for a variety of reasons, he's left with a championship side which isn't good enough at international level.

In the qualifiers Pearce plays quite an attacking 4-2-3-1 system, same as he did in the finals but in the qualifiers the players produce, they didn't in the finals so the same tactics are slaughtered.

Pearce will lose his job but don't expect the next wonder coach to change anything when you have so few english players getting regular football in the top two leagues of this country

Agree to a certain extent of what Dave b says
If you look at our set up all we have is CB and right wingers
Coming through,looking at the Sunday papers all the prem clubs
Are linked with overseas stickers and attacking midfielders
I mean where is the next fowler,Owen,shearer,Gazza,
Simple answer is we don't
On the other hand Pearce has fecked up in 2 tournaments now
We need a big overall in how we coach and prepare for internationals
This were the fa & premier league need to forget about the cash
And get back to basics
I would love our club to be the exception and start playing
Young English lads under 25 set a model in how we play
Get Gerry,el tel,even curbs on board,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 16:42 - Jun 9 with 1202 viewsTacticalR

It all makes Dave Sexton's two European Under-21 Football Championship victories in the early 1980s look even more impressive. Not that those victories led to any great renaissance in English football...

Whatever happened to England's heroes of 1984?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1196089/Whatever-happened-Engl

Air hostess clique

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 19:11 - Jun 9 with 1109 viewsdaveB

I think Pearce will go and don't think he is the answer but whoever takes over i wouldn't expect them to do any better, this next generation of England players looks the weakest in my lifetime, beyond Rooney who i think is over rated we really don't have another centre forward at any level worth looking at. I think the England team will be on a par with Scotland and Ireland within the next ten years not even qualifying for world cups
CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 19:27 - Jun 9 with 1090 viewsTacticalR

Wasn't the plan for Raheem Sterling to impregnate as many women as possible and create a new team that way?

Air hostess clique

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 20:07 - Jun 9 with 1035 viewsderbyhoop

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 16:01 - Jun 9 by paulparker

Agree to a certain extent of what Dave b says
If you look at our set up all we have is CB and right wingers
Coming through,looking at the Sunday papers all the prem clubs
Are linked with overseas stickers and attacking midfielders
I mean where is the next fowler,Owen,shearer,Gazza,
Simple answer is we don't
On the other hand Pearce has fecked up in 2 tournaments now
We need a big overall in how we coach and prepare for internationals
This were the fa & premier league need to forget about the cash
And get back to basics
I would love our club to be the exception and start playing
Young English lads under 25 set a model in how we play
Get Gerry,el tel,even curbs on board,

And if you think it's bad now, just count the number of lads under 19, i.e. the one that will be involved in the next tournament, that are coming through.

Other than Sterling and Shaw at Southampton, who else is in their first team?
Owen was a full international at 18, Rooney, Milner, Huddlestone all made their debuts at 16.

And we're not exactly a role model. Skapetis is an Aussie, Petrasso and Carreiro are Canadian. At U21 level Harriman and Sutherland (ROI), Doughty (Wales), Sendles_white (N Ireland), Andrade (Portugal?)

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 21:12 - Jun 9 with 985 viewsCamberleyR

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 16:42 - Jun 9 by TacticalR

It all makes Dave Sexton's two European Under-21 Football Championship victories in the early 1980s look even more impressive. Not that those victories led to any great renaissance in English football...

Whatever happened to England's heroes of 1984?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1196089/Whatever-happened-Engl

Not many of that lot from '84 went on to have meaningful if any sort of England career at all. The best of them being Steve Hodge and mystifyingly, Mark Hateley.

Seems to have been a perpetual thing that players that seem to shine at U21 level, fail to make the step up to the full team.

This current crop will sadly live up to that and then some.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 21:20 - Jun 9 with 975 viewsdaveB

sad thing is a lot of good young players make the leap too early. John Bostock looked a very good player and if he had stayed at Palace could have progessed but instead he sat in spurs reserves for 4 years and has done nothing. Nick Powell will be the same, looked great at Crewe but is now at man utd reserves.
CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 21:26 - Jun 9 with 961 viewstraininvain

Just watched Spain vs Germany and the gulf in class between England and them, particularly Spain, is huge.
CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 21:53 - Jun 9 with 924 viewsPhilmyRs

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 19:11 - Jun 9 by daveB

I think Pearce will go and don't think he is the answer but whoever takes over i wouldn't expect them to do any better, this next generation of England players looks the weakest in my lifetime, beyond Rooney who i think is over rated we really don't have another centre forward at any level worth looking at. I think the England team will be on a par with Scotland and Ireland within the next ten years not even qualifying for world cups

Not sure I agree with that. Germany in 2006, when we destroyed them 5-1, looked a team on the slide. No young players coming through, relying on tried and tested methods. What a difference 4 years made to them. True it will take some big decisions from people in power to change thing's, but kids at 14, 15 or 16 in 4 years time could be knocking on the door. Some reports I've heard have suggested there's some talent there. I agree that right now this is an average England team but in 4 years time, using the German example, it can change. I don't think we will emulate wales, Scotland and Ireland.
CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 22:04 - Jun 9 with 911 viewskarl

Out of interest I looked at the two teams that played the final of 2006 U19 Euro championship (Scotland v Spain) and what happened to their careers.

Scotland.
3 no longer professional
3 SPL
1 Scot 1
1 Scot 2
1 Eng league 1
1 Eng league 2
1 Aus (now NZ international, step up? lol)
Also Steven Fletcher was suspended for final, Graham Dorrans and Robert Snodgrass were subs (ironic?)

Spain
4 Full internationals (Mata, Garcia and Pique plus fringe player Capela)
2 Regular La Liga
5 Regular in La Liga and/2nd tier in major league

In a game that finished a deserved but close 2-1 surely it was the 86th minute sub that swung the game in Spains favour, our very own Estaban Granero!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 22:58 - Jun 9 with 878 viewsloftboy

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 21:20 - Jun 9 by daveB

sad thing is a lot of good young players make the leap too early. John Bostock looked a very good player and if he had stayed at Palace could have progessed but instead he sat in spurs reserves for 4 years and has done nothing. Nick Powell will be the same, looked great at Crewe but is now at man utd reserves.

Spurs release Bostock this week, bet he ends up at Orient or similar.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 06:52 - Jun 10 with 817 viewsdistortR

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 22:04 - Jun 9 by karl

Out of interest I looked at the two teams that played the final of 2006 U19 Euro championship (Scotland v Spain) and what happened to their careers.

Scotland.
3 no longer professional
3 SPL
1 Scot 1
1 Scot 2
1 Eng league 1
1 Eng league 2
1 Aus (now NZ international, step up? lol)
Also Steven Fletcher was suspended for final, Graham Dorrans and Robert Snodgrass were subs (ironic?)

Spain
4 Full internationals (Mata, Garcia and Pique plus fringe player Capela)
2 Regular La Liga
5 Regular in La Liga and/2nd tier in major league

In a game that finished a deserved but close 2-1 surely it was the 86th minute sub that swung the game in Spains favour, our very own Estaban Granero!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

What I take from that, is that Spain produce shit players too.
And that eventually they find a spiritual home.
After the clandestine meetings at bildersberg (?), we'll probably end up with a few more.
On a more serious note, the seeming inability of the 'home' nations to change the way we play football is depressing, especially when the template is there with Germany - Steel and skill. Read a very good article recently using football as a microcosm of the gulf that seperates british and german attitudes - basically we do not invest in the future and are guilty of a crippling short-termism
CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 07:52 - Jun 10 with 778 viewsthemodfather

CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 06:52 - Jun 10 by distortR

What I take from that, is that Spain produce shit players too.
And that eventually they find a spiritual home.
After the clandestine meetings at bildersberg (?), we'll probably end up with a few more.
On a more serious note, the seeming inability of the 'home' nations to change the way we play football is depressing, especially when the template is there with Germany - Steel and skill. Read a very good article recently using football as a microcosm of the gulf that seperates british and german attitudes - basically we do not invest in the future and are guilty of a crippling short-termism

papers reckon 17 not released...inc oxlade-chamberlain cos the seniors took him brazil
2 were suspended for being racially abused in serbia, they never helped..twice the victim
end of a long season and there we go...another qualifying, another failure but we have some good u21s and shouldn't despair...we never win anything anyway so where's the problem?
a prem lge full of foreign talent..watford full of italian talent doesn't help either, but hey ho.....the fa won't do a thing as long as cash pours in and it si, so why do anything...??????
CONGRATULATIONS STUART PEARCE on 11:12 - Jun 10 with 695 viewstoboboly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22835640

Germans are as bad as us.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024