Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy 11:56 - Jun 27 with 2603 viewsrsonist

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Crewe-Alexandra-Wolves-bid-accepted-Luke-Mu

What are we waiting for?
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:00 - Jun 27 with 2009 viewsBasingstokeR

If he's going for just a million, we should be in there asap even if we've got no players out the door yet imho.
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:01 - Jun 27 with 1993 viewsMedwayR

We're waiting for a manager that is happy to give young lower league players a chance, 'arry never has & never will do that

Poll: Who’s better?

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:02 - Jun 27 with 1992 viewsNorthernr

Danny Simpson to stick his trousers on and get down LR and sign apparently.

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:06 - Jun 27 with 1978 viewsTHEBUSH

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:00 - Jun 27 by BasingstokeR

If he's going for just a million, we should be in there asap even if we've got no players out the door yet imho.

We don't need to spend another million, we have too many players on the books already.

We need to get rid of plenty, before we start throwing more money about !!
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:09 - Jun 27 with 1956 viewsadhoc_qpr

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:06 - Jun 27 by THEBUSH

We don't need to spend another million, we have too many players on the books already.

We need to get rid of plenty, before we start throwing more money about !!

£1m for a player who would/should be first choice isn't really throwing money about is it though?

Yes we need to move players out, but we also need to be able to field a competitive team in 7 weeks time.
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:16 - Jun 27 with 1935 viewsTHEBUSH

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:09 - Jun 27 by adhoc_qpr

£1m for a player who would/should be first choice isn't really throwing money about is it though?

Yes we need to move players out, but we also need to be able to field a competitive team in 7 weeks time.

A million quid don't grow on trees, our wage bill is horrendous, the squad we have, imo, is strong enough to hold our own in the Championship, far worse squads than us.
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:16 - Jun 27 with 1929 viewsenfieldargh

we've already got a young playmaker Ali Faurlin

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:18 - Jun 27 with 1921 viewsVish

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:16 - Jun 27 by enfieldargh

we've already got a young playmaker Ali Faurlin

he's not really a playmaker though.

Either way, doesn't appear that Harry rates Faurlin so I don't think we'll be seeing him next season which is a real shame.
Login to get fewer ads

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:29 - Jun 27 with 1892 viewsenfieldargh

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:18 - Jun 27 by Vish

he's not really a playmaker though.

Either way, doesn't appear that Harry rates Faurlin so I don't think we'll be seeing him next season which is a real shame.

yes, but by now with all the top coaching staff he's had over him he should have been moulded into a cultured midfield playmaker by now as opposed to just going moldy
(injury acknowledged)

But would also like to see this Crewe guy or same of his ilk instead of overpaid Granero or innefective Park and the other forgetables we've collected

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:36 - Jun 27 with 1871 viewsNorthernr

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:16 - Jun 27 by THEBUSH

A million quid don't grow on trees, our wage bill is horrendous, the squad we have, imo, is strong enough to hold our own in the Championship, far worse squads than us.

The problem with that is our squad should have been enough to stay in the Premier League - worse squads than ours there as well. We finished bottom. Football matches aren't won on paper. In theory

Cesar
Bosingwa
Samba
Onuoha
Traore
Wright-Phillips
Park
Granero
Hoilett
Zamora
Remy

should absolutely pis the Championship with 112 points.

Judging things on paper doesn't allow for the substantial grey area created by clubs being poorly run, managers doing an awful job, agents getting involved and footballers being cnts. Please see Wolves.
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:45 - Jun 27 with 1835 viewsadhoc_qpr

Given the horrendous levels of debt (albeit soft debt) we already have a couple of million is neither here nor there.

If the owners call in their loan of £100m or whatever it is now, we are going bust, so it might as well be £110m and give us a better chance at promotion.
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:46 - Jun 27 with 1831 viewsHollowayRanger

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:36 - Jun 27 by Northernr

The problem with that is our squad should have been enough to stay in the Premier League - worse squads than ours there as well. We finished bottom. Football matches aren't won on paper. In theory

Cesar
Bosingwa
Samba
Onuoha
Traore
Wright-Phillips
Park
Granero
Hoilett
Zamora
Remy

Judging things on paper doesn't allow for the substantial grey area created by clubs being poorly run, managers doing an awful job, agents getting involved and footballers being cnts. Please see Wolves.

i hope to god we dont have a team like that as i can see it having no pride no guts no will to win and no heart

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:05 - Jun 27 with 1798 viewsTHEBUSH

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 12:36 - Jun 27 by Northernr

Cesar
Bosingwa
Samba
Onuoha
Traore
Wright-Phillips
Park
Granero
Hoilett
Zamora
Remy

So what should we do then, spend more money, coz you and I know, it's gonna be difficult to get rid of that, on paper team !!
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:29 - Jun 27 with 1758 viewstoboboly

You must be on drugs. The team that came down last year would be relegated by April this year.

This is the sort of player we are screaming out for, yet we arsefart about waiting for the dregs to decide whether we are worthy of their presence.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:35 - Jun 27 with 1745 viewsNorthernr

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:05 - Jun 27 by THEBUSH

So what should we do then, spend more money, coz you and I know, it's gonna be difficult to get rid of that, on paper team !!

Nothing we can do except play a long rebuilding game. We've given them all such stupid contracts we'll struggle to get rid of them. And the ones we do get rid of this summer will go very late in the window because the buying clubs will know our bargaining position will be almost non-existent by then.

I'm not saying we should go and chuck more money around, I was just picking up on your "should easily hold its own" comment - this squad of players should do a lot of things, but it never does.
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:46 - Jun 27 with 1712 viewsbaz_qpr

How many f-ing mdfielders do you want in this squad?

If they are not a striker or a centre half or a direct replacement for Adel or Toilet then we should not be interested.

We got relegated because we could not score goals, really peeps its that simple, we dont need an entire new team we need a couple of players that can create or score goals and cover at centre half + a dose of confidence if we win a couple of games early and away we go
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:49 - Jun 27 with 1701 viewsNorthernr

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:46 - Jun 27 by baz_qpr

How many f-ing mdfielders do you want in this squad?

If they are not a striker or a centre half or a direct replacement for Adel or Toilet then we should not be interested.

We got relegated because we could not score goals, really peeps its that simple, we dont need an entire new team we need a couple of players that can create or score goals and cover at centre half + a dose of confidence if we win a couple of games early and away we go

I think if you go through a season winning just four matches despite spending all the money we did there's a bit more to it than that.
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:52 - Jun 27 with 1692 viewsTHEBUSH

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:35 - Jun 27 by Northernr

Nothing we can do except play a long rebuilding game. We've given them all such stupid contracts we'll struggle to get rid of them. And the ones we do get rid of this summer will go very late in the window because the buying clubs will know our bargaining position will be almost non-existent by then.

I'm not saying we should go and chuck more money around, I was just picking up on your "should easily hold its own" comment - this squad of players should do a lot of things, but it never does.

I didn't say, easily, but never mind, I still think we'll hold our own in the Championship and that means a mid-table position, probably.

We still need a winger who can cross a ball and a right back, imo, on free transfers though.
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:57 - Jun 27 with 1682 viewsadhoc_qpr

The squad is horrendously on balanced, even if they live up to their theoretical quality (doubtful to say the least).

Weak at full back, unbalanced in midfield (lots of bodies but try and find a workable combination...) and poor upfront due to either injury (AJ, BZ), issues (Cisse, Remy) or playing out of position (Mackie, Adel).
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:59 - Jun 27 with 1679 viewsbaz_qpr

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:49 - Jun 27 by Northernr

I think if you go through a season winning just four matches despite spending all the money we did there's a bit more to it than that.

Not really most of the commentators would say throughout the season its not like they are being tonked. Scoring goals breeds confidence, winning games breeds confidence and confidence is one of the most important aspects in sport and accounts more than a third towards performance level. Last year we played for nearly a 1/3 of the season without a centre forward, and then when we did have one he was a cripple for half the game. That is properly confidence sapping as is being on a losing streak. Often it takes only a few changes and a clean start for a losing team to become a winning team. I've played team sport at a reasonabley high level when I was younger and often one or two players can change the whole dynamics of a team and bring the best out of other players too
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 14:09 - Jun 27 with 1661 viewsadhoc_qpr

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:59 - Jun 27 by baz_qpr

Not really most of the commentators would say throughout the season its not like they are being tonked. Scoring goals breeds confidence, winning games breeds confidence and confidence is one of the most important aspects in sport and accounts more than a third towards performance level. Last year we played for nearly a 1/3 of the season without a centre forward, and then when we did have one he was a cripple for half the game. That is properly confidence sapping as is being on a losing streak. Often it takes only a few changes and a clean start for a losing team to become a winning team. I've played team sport at a reasonabley high level when I was younger and often one or two players can change the whole dynamics of a team and bring the best out of other players too

Not sure how confidence helps you turn up to training on time or move around the pitch at more than a gentle jog?

I think our issues are a bit larger than a simple lack of confidence.
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 15:27 - Jun 27 with 1607 viewsNorthernr

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 13:59 - Jun 27 by baz_qpr

I'm not sure what commentators you're referring to but most seemed to be talking about obvious deep seated problems and divides within the squad. You only had to watch that team semi regularly, from the first game of the season, to see there was a list a mile long of problems there. I don't think just slinging an extra centre forward into the mix would have made a blind bit of difference.
Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 15:48 - Jun 27 with 1576 viewstoboboly

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 15:27 - Jun 27 by Northernr

I'm not sure what commentators you're referring to but most seemed to be talking about obvious deep seated problems and divides within the squad. You only had to watch that team semi regularly, from the first game of the season, to see there was a list a mile long of problems there. I don't think just slinging an extra centre forward into the mix would have made a blind bit of difference.

Agree. Had the league been anywhere near competitive we would have been relegated by February. Blackpool went down with 39 points, we had 25.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 15:49 - Jun 27 with 1573 viewsJonDoeman

Definitely need a good start , get rid of the festering loser mentality.
It was that bad start last season that FcKed us. I blame Green, he set the tone, the calamitous CnT!

It Is What It Is !!

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 16:30 - Jun 27 with 1534 viewsadhoc_qpr

Crewe accept 1m Wolves bid for Luke Murphy on 15:49 - Jun 27 by JonDoeman

Definitely need a good start , get rid of the festering loser mentality.
It was that bad start last season that FcKed us. I blame Green, he set the tone, the calamitous CnT!

I do remember sitting at half time for that match thinking - how the hell are Swansea winning, bloody Green, we'll deffo get back in this!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024