Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing 15:01 - May 2 with 4322 viewsAunt_Nelly

http://www.theguardian.com/media/video/2014/may/02/jeremy-clarkson-begs-forgiven
Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 15:04 - May 2 with 4302 viewsTheBlob

Another lame witch hunt.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 15:13 - May 2 with 4288 viewsTHEBUSH

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 15:04 - May 2 by TheBlob

Another lame witch hunt.

OK, you ignore it, but I like watching him squirm
Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 15:29 - May 2 with 4258 viewsSuffolkHoop

Really lame from an entirely hypocritical newspaper.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 15:29]
Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:01 - May 2 with 4210 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 15:04 - May 2 by TheBlob

Another lame witch hunt.

it's an odd one this.
i watched it and it's a murmur, nothing more. it didn't go out on telly. he does seem to mumble the word. But part of me thinks, if people are offended by this, has it not made things worse by the Mirror publicising it so widely?
But on the other hand, it *is* a bit bizarre. Clarkson's apology is very weird and doesn't make a lot of sense. He basically says he knows it's potentially contentious, so he tried really hard not to say it. What on earth does that mean? How hard is it not to say a word? And if it is that hard for him not to say the N-word, why not use a different rhyme then? Or say 'tiger', or, as they ended up doing, 'teacher'? I remember at school we used to do it but we'd say 'nicker' and we'd all say 'what is a nicker anyway?' we had no clue.
It may well be a witch hunt, but witch hunts in the media tend to happen to witch hunts, to use a new bit of rhyming slang. Same with Gray and Keys - if you p!ss the people working for/with you off enough and on a regular basis, be very careful. What goes around comes around.
But broadly I agree, it feels a non-story to me - vaguely mumbling a nasty word.

Bare bones.

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:11 - May 2 with 4184 viewsClive_Anderson

You get more shit these days for mumbling the wrong word than smashing someones face in.
Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:24 - May 2 with 4171 viewsHAYESBOY

Its over the top the witch hunt Imo.

But, the bloke is a prize caant.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:27 - May 2 with 4148 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:11 - May 2 by Clive_Anderson

You get more shit these days for mumbling the wrong word than smashing someones face in.

do you?

Bare bones.

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:28 - May 2 with 4140 viewsNorthernr

I think it shows the value of Top Gear to BBC Worldwide that he hasn't been fired. Anybody else at the BBc would have been gone, probably after the Mexican comments, and certainly after the recent Slope thing. That these things keep coming out suggests there's plenty out for his blood - much like Keys and Gray, who keep getting videos of them being dickheads leaked everytime they get close to getting another job in this country.
Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:28 - May 2 with 4138 viewsJamie

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:24 - May 2 by HAYESBOY

Its over the top the witch hunt Imo.

But, the bloke is a prize caant.

Who makes the taxpayer millions through his production company that the Beeb purchased and now license out Top Gear.
Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:29 - May 2 with 4137 viewspaulparker

agree, Im no lover of Clarkson but he would have been better off snorting some clombian martching powder of some hookers t*ts (TOP GEAR !!!! INDEED )
a simple murmer and the bloke is branded a racist and could possibly lose his job
and all because the bloke writes for the sun who the mirror hates
what a world we live in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:32 - May 2 with 4129 viewssimmo

I said things to a lady earlier that would usually be considered reprehensible, but it's okay. I only mumbled them.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 16:56]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:47 - May 2 with 4106 viewsJigsore

The press are c*nts and i'm not surprised it originally came from a publication as sh*tty as the Mirror. Former editor is Piers Morgan as well.

I like Clarkson. I mean, his political views are those of a n*bhead but he's funny and telly so why bother myself with what he thinks? this is just stupid though.

the headline should really read "Man in outtake might have mumbled a dated nursery rhyme (but we're not actually sure)"

although it should be mentioned if you actually shout 'f*cking black c*nt' at someone in a way that can ONLY be considered offensive then you're home and dry.

stupid story.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 17:31 - May 2 with 4065 viewsTheBlob

Clarkson bottled it,should have gone on the offensive.About time someone stood up to the PC McCarthyism.(not you again Brian ).

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 17:47 - May 2 with 4038 viewsDiscodroid

he is a jurassic bellend , of that i am most certain.

i think we should drive him into the sea, rape his women, enslave his children and dance to the cries / lamentation of the elders in the clarkson tribe(before hanging them). wipe his blood seed for ever, and his name never to mentioned, less your tongue ripped out and thrown into the breakwater.

failing that , suspend his complimentary luncheon vouchers for the bbc canteen for a month.

signed..

SS. H Harman (AFRIKA KORPS)
waffen SS. D Abott
kriegs marine. V Cable
PLEASURe UNIT . H Blears
[Post edited 2 May 2014 17:50]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 17:51 - May 2 with 4032 viewsTheBlob

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 17:47 - May 2 by Discodroid

he is a jurassic bellend , of that i am most certain.

i think we should drive him into the sea, rape his women, enslave his children and dance to the cries / lamentation of the elders in the clarkson tribe(before hanging them). wipe his blood seed for ever, and his name never to mentioned, less your tongue ripped out and thrown into the breakwater.

failing that , suspend his complimentary luncheon vouchers for the bbc canteen for a month.

signed..

SS. H Harman (AFRIKA KORPS)
waffen SS. D Abott
kriegs marine. V Cable
PLEASURe UNIT . H Blears
[Post edited 2 May 2014 17:50]

Oops,wrong thread.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 17:52]

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 17:56 - May 2 with 4029 viewsbosh67

I have to say that he left himself open to this but there is a very simple issue here.

The clip was from an out take where he was quoting the original rhyme. It was never intended or used on air. No one on the set was offended at the time because the context of why he quoted the poem is out of context with the accusation of racism.

I am totally anti racist. I can't abide people who are racist. Is Jeremy Clarkson a racist or even a passive racist. No. If he was he would never have interviewed the people he did. Was he guilty of using the word slope in an offensive way recently. Yes it is a bad term in that part of the world. Did he mean it with intent when he said that. No, he says no and we should go with that. He was mortified when he found out what the term slope meant in the Far East. He is guilty of being naive but not of being deliberately offensive.

The media has an uncanny way of distorting context and intent in these stories. He needs to be careful because he seems to be open to falling into these traps. He needs to shut his or check things before he says them in future. If the BBC fire him for this will it harm BBC ratings? Absolutely.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 19:50 - May 2 with 3947 viewsHAYESBOY

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 16:28 - May 2 by Jamie

Who makes the taxpayer millions through his production company that the Beeb purchased and now license out Top Gear.

OK, a rich caant.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 20:05 - May 2 with 3927 viewsHollowayRanger

i bet he's wondering who gave the unseen fotage to the mirror

big deal black people use the n work all the time and like others have said its a song from a different era ,my old man use to use that word to describe the colour black not because she was racist but because thats how she was taught at school sky blue scarlett red n......black ect ect

that said he is a chelski supporter so i blame john terry for this

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Jeremy Clarkson Tap Dancing on 22:39 - May 2 with 3823 viewsCiderwithRsie

I don't like him much, and I think he's been lucky to get away with a few things over the years - I didn't like the Mexican thing at all - but I think this is nonsense. At the most a matter for an apology and then move on. After all, it's not like he blatantly used the word offensively to a black person in front of thousands and then ludicrously tried to pretend that he was saying "I can't believe that you think etc"

Manufactured rage like this only undermines efforts to deal with genuine issues of racism.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024