Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Departures 17:09 - Jul 1 with 14000 viewsJeff

From Offish:

QPR announce player departures and those in preliminary talks regarding possible new deals ...

QPR TRIO Aaron Hughes, Stephane Mbia and Andrew Johnson have been released following the expiration of their contracts.

Hughes joined the club on a short-term deal in January, making 11 appearances in the R's promotion-winning season.

Mbia, who spent last season on loan at Seville, has also departed. He made 32 appearances for the R’s.

Johnson departs following a two year stay in West London, during which time he made 13 starts and 11 substitute appearances, scoring two goals.

In addition, Luke Young (27 starts, 2 goals), Hogan Ephraim (76 starts, 41 substitute appearances, 8 goals), Angelo Balanta (10 starts, 19 substitute appearances, 3 goals) and Tom Hitchcock (1 substitute appearance, 1 goal) also depart having reached the end of their current agreements.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Ravel Morrison, Tom Carroll, Niko Kranjcar, Will Keane, Kevin Doyle and Modibo Maiga have all returned to their parent clubs following the conclusion of their loan spells in W12.

Everyone at Loftus Road would like to take this opportunity to thank all of these players for their contribution to the club, and to wish them well for the future.

Meanwhile, the club can confirm it is in preliminary discussions with Rob Green, Armand Traore, Alejandro Faurlin, Gary O’Neil and Bobby Zamora regarding their futures, although at this stage no deals have been finalised.

Jermaine Jenas is currently recovering from an ACL injury and will continue his rehabilitation at Harlington in the short-term.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/010714-qpr-announce-player-departures-1710292.

Can we not knock it?

Player Departures on 22:16 - Jul 1 with 2867 viewsSamegmol

Maybe his Dad suggested it would happen rather than it actually having happened yet.
Player Departures on 22:18 - Jul 1 with 2861 viewsWokingR

Player Departures on 22:16 - Jul 1 by Samegmol

Maybe his Dad suggested it would happen rather than it actually having happened yet.

I think we've all been dreaming it

You're right, his dad suggested a couple of months back that he needed a move to regain his confidence
Player Departures on 22:20 - Jul 1 with 2856 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Player Departures on 21:43 - Jul 1 by QPR1882

Both in their own way have just earned the club £120m and promotion to the premier, I would say they have earned the right to have their contracts extended.

I agree.
Player Departures on 22:40 - Jul 1 with 2790 viewsqprwpg

Player Departures on 22:20 - Jul 1 by CroydonCaptJack

I agree.

I disagree. They were paid very handsomely for getting us that Premier League money, they've done what they were asked of - sort of, and now they can look for other opportunities to make a small fortune to add to their large fortune.

Twitter: @qprwpg

Player Departures on 22:56 - Jul 1 with 2761 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Player Departures on 22:40 - Jul 1 by qprwpg

I disagree. They were paid very handsomely for getting us that Premier League money, they've done what they were asked of - sort of, and now they can look for other opportunities to make a small fortune to add to their large fortune.

All footballers earn too much money period but BZs performance against Wigan got us to the final then he scores the winner. GON showed from his reaction at Wembley how much it meant to him. We need some character and we need to retain some of the teamwork we saw at the end of the season. These two were clearly part of that so I for one would be happy to see them in the 25.
Do we really want a dozen new players again?
Player Departures on 23:40 - Jul 1 with 2693 viewsAntti_Heinola

Player Departures on 17:42 - Jul 1 by daveB

I wouldn't give O'Neil a new deal but he was excellent in the 3 playoff games

adequate, not excellent.

Bare bones.

Player Departures on 23:46 - Jul 1 with 2685 viewsAntti_Heinola

Player Departures on 22:56 - Jul 1 by CroydonCaptJack

All footballers earn too much money period but BZs performance against Wigan got us to the final then he scores the winner. GON showed from his reaction at Wembley how much it meant to him. We need some character and we need to retain some of the teamwork we saw at the end of the season. These two were clearly part of that so I for one would be happy to see them in the 25.

No we don't, but i also don't want a crock - and Zamora is a crock - and a hard working but extremely limited midfielder that for most of the season was 4th or 5th choice. We cannot go around giving new contracts for a couple of decent performances at the end of the season. BZ has had 2 and a half years with us, barely played, scored very few and been handsomely paid. For most of his time with us he was either ineffectual or injured. If we had stayed down there would be absolutely no question from anyone that either should get new deals.

As for 'deserving' the extension, you could argue us fans 'deserved' more than a 50% hike in ST prices. But the reality is those prices have to go up, just as the reality is BZ and GON are not nearly good enough for us next season, and were barely and/or rarely good enough for us in the league below.

Bare bones.

Player Departures on 00:05 - Jul 2 with 2659 viewsPunteR

Player Departures on 23:46 - Jul 1 by Antti_Heinola

No we don't, but i also don't want a crock - and Zamora is a crock - and a hard working but extremely limited midfielder that for most of the season was 4th or 5th choice. We cannot go around giving new contracts for a couple of decent performances at the end of the season. BZ has had 2 and a half years with us, barely played, scored very few and been handsomely paid. For most of his time with us he was either ineffectual or injured. If we had stayed down there would be absolutely no question from anyone that either should get new deals.

As for 'deserving' the extension, you could argue us fans 'deserved' more than a 50% hike in ST prices. But the reality is those prices have to go up, just as the reality is BZ and GON are not nearly good enough for us next season, and were barely and/or rarely good enough for us in the league below.

Team spirit Antti,team spirit.
yeh right not nearly good enough?!. Lets go and buy another 20 players throw them altogether and see what happens.
We need a backbone, we something resembling a team.
Zamora will score goals in the prem.
O Neil will get his teeth knocked out in the prem.
Lets stick to what we know.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Player Departures on 00:32 - Jul 2 with 2640 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Player Departures on 00:05 - Jul 2 by PunteR

yeh right not nearly good enough?!. Lets go and buy another 20 players throw them altogether and see what happens.

Exactly.
Player Departures on 00:51 - Jul 2 with 2618 viewsWadR

I doubt Antti is advocating signing a whole bunch of players, his point is that O'Neil was often substituted at half time in games against mediocre championship teams because he was out of his depth. I remember QPR Donny when Ritchie Wellens and Dean Furman ran the game at Loftus Road because O'Neil was so awful. O'Neil was a bit-part player last season, he's hardly key to establishing a team ethic next season. We've got plenty of the "right sort" already IMO.

Zamora is crocked, he can't play full games. Unless he's taking a significant pay cut he's just not worth it. He's a good player, but is he worth allocating a squad place for? How can we rely on him to be fit enough next season?
Player Departures on 09:42 - Jul 2 with 2458 viewstoboboly

I thought Jenas' contract was up? If we are letting him train then fair enough but if are seriously considering keeping him then someone needs to do the decent thing and send him the same way as Old Yeller.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Player Departures on 10:01 - Jul 2 with 2427 views18StoneOfHoop

Player Departures on 09:42 - Jul 2 by toboboly

I thought Jenas' contract was up? If we are letting him train then fair enough but if are seriously considering keeping him then someone needs to do the decent thing and send him the same way as Old Yeller.

Yep,helping 31 year old millionaire moderately gifted mediocre England international midfielder Jermaine Jenas rehabilitate at leisure from possible career ending cruciate ligament injury on serious wedge is just rehashing a Kieron Dyer Mark II situation,innit?
What have we learnt?
Pants pulled down again?
We will get fooled again?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2656866/QPR-midfielder-Jermain
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 11:20]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Player Departures on 10:08 - Jul 2 with 2417 viewsCiderwithRsie

We must be the only club where, year after year, we look forward to the transfer window with eagerness to see how many players we've managed to unload. Seems like only yesterday we were breathing a sigh of relief to see the back of Zesh Rehman.

Tin hat on, but I'd much rather have heard we were in talks with LTC than with O'Neil
Player Departures on 10:09 - Jul 2 with 2417 viewsLoft1979

Player Departures on 22:56 - Jul 1 by CroydonCaptJack

We have talked this up for years. Now it happened. We have 10 players + off the books, along with all loaners, and several EDS players. That IS a massive purge AND we have Cesar, SWP (millwall?), Remy (Spurs/arsenal), then Adel (Napoli) to sort out. Our squad is going to much changed. I think Karl Henry, JR Hoillet could be peddled as well.

Faurlin and Jenas are both long-term absences with or without contract. I expect they would get just basic terms to get through rehab etc. BZ has improved in form and fitness. But I dont think he makes our 25 nor does O'Neill. In fact both Green and BZ bolted WHam when they were promoted so they could get more firsty team football. My point is that O'Neill and BZ could still take offers from elsewhere.

Bottom-line we have alot of boots to fill. ...possibly more than a dozen.
Player Departures on 10:22 - Jul 2 with 2389 views18StoneOfHoop

Player Departures on 10:09 - Jul 2 by Loft1979

We have talked this up for years. Now it happened. We have 10 players + off the books, along with all loaners, and several EDS players. That IS a massive purge AND we have Cesar, SWP (millwall?), Remy (Spurs/arsenal), then Adel (Napoli) to sort out. Our squad is going to much changed. I think Karl Henry, JR Hoillet could be peddled as well.

Faurlin and Jenas are both long-term absences with or without contract. I expect they would get just basic terms to get through rehab etc. BZ has improved in form and fitness. But I dont think he makes our 25 nor does O'Neill. In fact both Green and BZ bolted WHam when they were promoted so they could get more firsty team football. My point is that O'Neill and BZ could still take offers from elsewhere.

Bottom-line we have alot of boots to fill. ...possibly more than a dozen.

Where and why on earth do you get a feeling - 'JR Hoillet could be peddled as well' - that our Bobby Z goal assisting, just beginning to find some form at long last and effective hamstring management ,promising 23 year old Canadian Junior Hoilett would be jettisoned by HR?

Really looking forward to Matty Phillips being like a new signing next season and taking to a step up to the Prem like a duck to water in a Jason Puncheon at Palace for Pulis sort of way.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 11:18]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Player Departures on 10:50 - Jul 2 with 2214 viewsAntti_Heinola

WadR sums up my thoughts very well PunteR.
I absolutely do NOT advocate signing 20 new players - if you look at my posts over the last 2 years you'll see that I've been against our short term planning and scattergun transfer policy all the time.
I absolutely believe we need continuity in the squad, that's why I welcome Clint's new contract and hope Green gets a new one too, and Traore. And Faurlin, which is more sentimental, but I also believe he's an excellent player with a fantastic attitude.

But Zamora only played 21 games for us last season, started just 9 and completed 90 minutes... twice. Twice. And one of them was the debacle at Sheff Wed - not sure where that 'spine' was that day. He managed just four goals. In the Prem the season before that he managed just 4 too. The year before that he scored 2 after signing in Jan, 7 in total in the Prem that season. The year before that he scored 5 Prem goals.

So it's not since the 09/10 season - 5 years ago (when he was 28, not 33) - where he was last a reliable starter and goalscorer. I'm sorry, but that's a strong pattern that is not going to change now, not at his age. And the evidence is he is unlikely to score goals in the Prem.

My problem with signing players is getting ones we don't need and not working with what we have. When a player is out of contract and is not good enough and is over 31 or 32, then I'm absolutely happy for us to go out and find a replacement. That's just good business.

Stick to what we know? I *know* that a couple of performances at the end of last season apart, Bobby Zamora has been a massive let down and a very poor signing - partly through no fault of his own, because very obviously his body cannot deal with the rigours of top tier or even second tier professional football for a sustained period of time. He's been paid handsomely for his time with us. Time for a swansong at Brighton.

Bare bones.

Player Departures on 10:54 - Jul 2 with 2205 viewsnewgolddream

Player Departures on 18:26 - Jul 1 by Snipper

I'd definitely keep ""Ohhhhhh Bobby Zamorrrrrrraaaaa" for another year. He'd be a good 20 minute sub for next season. I'd even have him starting some games if injuries happened. Which they will.

Player Departures on 10:54 - Jul 2 with 2205 viewsSpiritofGregory

Player Departures on 17:12 - Jul 1 by Discodroid

o'niel and zamora!!,

ffs.

Waste of money.
Player Departures on 11:07 - Jul 2 with 2170 viewsJuzzie

Zamora has been paid £9m and played 2 good games in 3 years, they just happen to be last two games.

Vital as they were and that day will be long in our memories but he's already been rewarded. He doesn't need further reward.

If we were to retain him, it would have to be for 1 year on a much, much, much reduced contract.
Player Departures on 12:48 - Jul 2 with 2041 viewsDiscodroid

Player Departures on 11:07 - Jul 2 by Juzzie

Zamora has been paid £9m and played 2 good games in 3 years, they just happen to be last two games.

Vital as they were and that day will be long in our memories but he's already been rewarded. He doesn't need further reward.

If we were to retain him, it would have to be for 1 year on a much, much, much reduced contract.

couldt agree more with juzzie, s.o.g, wadr and antti.

no sentiment from me . bobby was fantastically well paid and carried out his duties comensurate with his contract with us.

job done bobby and thank you. you fufilled the terms of your contract with dignity and bravery and you were rewarded for it.

there will be loads of championship teams eager, im sure to compete for his services.

as for gary o'niel..... well last summer he was on the chigwell golf course every day, praying for a club to pick him up when west ham let it go.
we were the only team that offered him anything like he was getting at west ham.there was barely any interest in him , and he was getting worried.

according to members of said golf club he bit our arm off.

again he was rewarded with a good wage and a chance to keep his profile alive and remind other clubs of his availability.
its a two way street.

goodbye with much thanks.

not good enough for the premier in any shape or form.

team spirit aint gonna stop opposing midfielders laying siege to our goal with him in ours.

people like bryson are the future.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 12:52]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Player Departures on 13:01 - Jul 2 with 2012 viewsrobith

Player Departures on 11:07 - Jul 2 by Juzzie

I know it's unpopular to say so, but I thought Zamora was a big part of the the reason we stayed up in the Warnock/Hughes season, as his ability to hold the ball high up the pitch took a lot of pressure off our defence - particularly in the Spurs and Arsenal games
Player Departures on 13:07 - Jul 2 with 1989 viewsSpiritofGregory

Player Departures on 21:17 - Jul 1 by BklynRanger

I'm quite please we're in discussions with Traore. We could spend 5 or 6 million on a replacement for him but only get a marginal improvement.

Hope they slash his wages as he is too injury prone. None of the players should be negotiating for a higher wage, they are all very fortunate to be in discussions with a Premier League club.
Player Departures on 13:10 - Jul 2 with 1983 viewsCiderwithRsie

Player Departures on 10:50 - Jul 2 by Antti_Heinola

WadR sums up my thoughts very well PunteR.
I absolutely do NOT advocate signing 20 new players - if you look at my posts over the last 2 years you'll see that I've been against our short term planning and scattergun transfer policy all the time.
I absolutely believe we need continuity in the squad, that's why I welcome Clint's new contract and hope Green gets a new one too, and Traore. And Faurlin, which is more sentimental, but I also believe he's an excellent player with a fantastic attitude.

But Zamora only played 21 games for us last season, started just 9 and completed 90 minutes... twice. Twice. And one of them was the debacle at Sheff Wed - not sure where that 'spine' was that day. He managed just four goals. In the Prem the season before that he managed just 4 too. The year before that he scored 2 after signing in Jan, 7 in total in the Prem that season. The year before that he scored 5 Prem goals.

So it's not since the 09/10 season - 5 years ago (when he was 28, not 33) - where he was last a reliable starter and goalscorer. I'm sorry, but that's a strong pattern that is not going to change now, not at his age. And the evidence is he is unlikely to score goals in the Prem.

My problem with signing players is getting ones we don't need and not working with what we have. When a player is out of contract and is not good enough and is over 31 or 32, then I'm absolutely happy for us to go out and find a replacement. That's just good business.

Stick to what we know? I *know* that a couple of performances at the end of last season apart, Bobby Zamora has been a massive let down and a very poor signing - partly through no fault of his own, because very obviously his body cannot deal with the rigours of top tier or even second tier professional football for a sustained period of time. He's been paid handsomely for his time with us. Time for a swansong at Brighton.

Really good post, esp the last para - as fans we need to separate out "does this guy improve the squad" from "is he a good guy". It's absolutely not Zamora's fault that he's over 30 and has injury problems. There's also a moral issue about sticking by players who are under contract and have been hit by injury. But there's no reason to extend the contract of a player who is incredibly unlikely to be a regular starter for a whole season.
Player Departures on 13:14 - Jul 2 with 1973 viewsDiscodroid

great stuff antti.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Player Departures on 15:49 - Jul 2 with 1870 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Player Departures on 13:14 - Jul 2 by Discodroid

great stuff antti.

Seconded.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024