Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Departures 17:09 - Jul 1 with 14094 viewsJeff

From Offish:

QPR announce player departures and those in preliminary talks regarding possible new deals ...

QPR TRIO Aaron Hughes, Stephane Mbia and Andrew Johnson have been released following the expiration of their contracts.

Hughes joined the club on a short-term deal in January, making 11 appearances in the R's promotion-winning season.

Mbia, who spent last season on loan at Seville, has also departed. He made 32 appearances for the R’s.

Johnson departs following a two year stay in West London, during which time he made 13 starts and 11 substitute appearances, scoring two goals.

In addition, Luke Young (27 starts, 2 goals), Hogan Ephraim (76 starts, 41 substitute appearances, 8 goals), Angelo Balanta (10 starts, 19 substitute appearances, 3 goals) and Tom Hitchcock (1 substitute appearance, 1 goal) also depart having reached the end of their current agreements.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Ravel Morrison, Tom Carroll, Niko Kranjcar, Will Keane, Kevin Doyle and Modibo Maiga have all returned to their parent clubs following the conclusion of their loan spells in W12.

Everyone at Loftus Road would like to take this opportunity to thank all of these players for their contribution to the club, and to wish them well for the future.

Meanwhile, the club can confirm it is in preliminary discussions with Rob Green, Armand Traore, Alejandro Faurlin, Gary O’Neil and Bobby Zamora regarding their futures, although at this stage no deals have been finalised.

Jermaine Jenas is currently recovering from an ACL injury and will continue his rehabilitation at Harlington in the short-term.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/010714-qpr-announce-player-departures-1710292.

Can we not knock it?

Player Departures on 16:09 - Jul 2 with 1943 viewsSpiritofGregory

Player Departures on 22:56 - Jul 1 by CroydonCaptJack

All footballers earn too much money period but BZs performance against Wigan got us to the final then he scores the winner. GON showed from his reaction at Wembley how much it meant to him. We need some character and we need to retain some of the teamwork we saw at the end of the season. These two were clearly part of that so I for one would be happy to see them in the 25.
Do we really want a dozen new players again?

Yes but you can't fight mother nature. He is over 30 and his body is shot, he might play well in a handful of games but that's your lot.

If he signs it should be for 1 year pay as you play and no more than 20k a week. We are not desperate.
Player Departures on 16:27 - Jul 2 with 1902 viewsJuzzie

Player Departures on 13:01 - Jul 2 by robith

I know it's unpopular to say so, but I thought Zamora was a big part of the the reason we stayed up in the Warnock/Hughes season, as his ability to hold the ball high up the pitch took a lot of pressure off our defence - particularly in the Spurs and Arsenal games

True, so that's 5 maybe 6 good games in 3 years and £9m pocketed.

As for "Zamora will score goals in the prem.". He couldn't do it when we were last in the Prem, he's now 2 years older. Most of the few goals he did get were all in losing games bar the 1-1 draw at home to Everton. His first goal in a game we won was the 5-2 win at home to Forest right at the end of last season.

I think he could play a supporting role but a) on vastly reduced terms b) we have to remember it's a 25-man squad in the PL and we can't have places taken up with players who may rarely feature due to injuries. All 25 have to be able to play all season.
Player Departures on 20:59 - Jul 2 with 1821 viewsLoft1979

Player Departures on 16:09 - Jul 2 by SpiritofGregory

Yes but you can't fight mother nature. He is over 30 and his body is shot, he might play well in a handful of games but that's your lot.

If he signs it should be for 1 year pay as you play and no more than 20k a week. We are not desperate.

I am not advocating anything, but I think his proposal will be for a squad player role, no guarantees and he is insurance if Austin and others get injured. Basically our last option.
Player Departures on 21:15 - Jul 2 with 1801 viewsShotKneesHoop

Player Departures on 17:16 - Jul 1 by WeaverQPR

Now Ephraims gone at least SWP might get a run out in the EDS each week for his 60k pw wedge.

SWP can't be arsed to do anything but check his bank balance once a week.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Player Departures on 21:46 - Jul 2 with 1767 viewsPunteR

Player Departures on 10:50 - Jul 2 by Antti_Heinola

WadR sums up my thoughts very well PunteR.
I absolutely do NOT advocate signing 20 new players - if you look at my posts over the last 2 years you'll see that I've been against our short term planning and scattergun transfer policy all the time.
I absolutely believe we need continuity in the squad, that's why I welcome Clint's new contract and hope Green gets a new one too, and Traore. And Faurlin, which is more sentimental, but I also believe he's an excellent player with a fantastic attitude.

But Zamora only played 21 games for us last season, started just 9 and completed 90 minutes... twice. Twice. And one of them was the debacle at Sheff Wed - not sure where that 'spine' was that day. He managed just four goals. In the Prem the season before that he managed just 4 too. The year before that he scored 2 after signing in Jan, 7 in total in the Prem that season. The year before that he scored 5 Prem goals.

So it's not since the 09/10 season - 5 years ago (when he was 28, not 33) - where he was last a reliable starter and goalscorer. I'm sorry, but that's a strong pattern that is not going to change now, not at his age. And the evidence is he is unlikely to score goals in the Prem.

My problem with signing players is getting ones we don't need and not working with what we have. When a player is out of contract and is not good enough and is over 31 or 32, then I'm absolutely happy for us to go out and find a replacement. That's just good business.

Stick to what we know? I *know* that a couple of performances at the end of last season apart, Bobby Zamora has been a massive let down and a very poor signing - partly through no fault of his own, because very obviously his body cannot deal with the rigours of top tier or even second tier professional football for a sustained period of time. He's been paid handsomely for his time with us. Time for a swansong at Brighton.

Good post Antti.
I don't disagree with you about Zamora's record with us,it speaks for itself. My concern is what players are coming in and how many. I just hope we get the right mix of players, youth,experience. BZ fits the latter for me, big game player. 1 year contract. I've no idea what his wages are, but wages just seem irrelevant to me now anyway.
Bz was injured,is he still injured?
Not fussed on about O Neil.
I just like singing oohh Bobby Zamora!
You can have all the best players in the world in one team,but if they don't gel then you don't have a winning team. Last time we went up,we completely dismantled the team spirit then reassembled with a bunch of individuals. That is my main concern. There's a lot of players departing. I just think getting rid of Zamora is not priority No 1.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Player Departures on 21:58 - Jul 2 with 1760 viewsderbyhoop

I wouldn't offer O'Neill a deal. I don't think he is that good at Championship level and will be a long way out of his depth in the PL. Hard worker but limited.
Traore is probably worth a deal.
Green and Zamora should be grateful for whatever we offer them. Unless we start taking the p***, they aren't going to get anything better from anybody else.
BZ's deal should reflect the fact that he'll be luck to make 20 appearances. And most of those from the bench.y

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Player Departures on 01:31 - Jul 3 with 1701 viewsRangersAreBack

Player Departures on 21:43 - Jul 1 by QPR1882

Both in their own way have just earned the club £120m and promotion to the premier, I would say they have earned the right to have their contracts extended.

No one has a divine right and QPR is not a charity. With FFP looming it's important they get their books in order.

Bobby has been handsomely paid for 4 years, we don't owe him a thing. In that time, he only performed as an impact sub for 3 months. He is 33 and incapable of performing for 90 minutes week in, week out.

O' Neill is also the wrong side of 30 and was inconsistent in the championship. To think he'll suddenly turn it on in the premier league is wishful thinking.

I would only consider resigning these 2 on short term contracts as squad players at vastly reduced wages.
Player Departures on 10:08 - Jul 3 with 1641 viewsAntti_Heinola

Player Departures on 21:46 - Jul 2 by PunteR

Good post Antti.
I don't disagree with you about Zamora's record with us,it speaks for itself. My concern is what players are coming in and how many. I just hope we get the right mix of players, youth,experience. BZ fits the latter for me, big game player. 1 year contract. I've no idea what his wages are, but wages just seem irrelevant to me now anyway.
Bz was injured,is he still injured?
Not fussed on about O Neil.
I just like singing oohh Bobby Zamora!
You can have all the best players in the world in one team,but if they don't gel then you don't have a winning team. Last time we went up,we completely dismantled the team spirit then reassembled with a bunch of individuals. That is my main concern. There's a lot of players departing. I just think getting rid of Zamora is not priority No 1.

Fair do's. BZ may not be injured now. But he will be soon. He always is. And the fact is that BZ was not really part of our team all season, was he? 9 starts, 2 90-minute completions. So hardly 'dismantling' the team to release him.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Player Departures on 10:27 - Jul 3 with 1628 viewsElHoop

We don't have enough players about whom you could say that they look to have a decent chance of playing say 34 PL games next season, without serious injury. There's very few that look as if they'd stay fit for whole the season. We need more players and more fit players at that. Get rid of the out of contract crocks, we've got too many still on the books as it is.
Player Departures on 10:29 - Jul 3 with 1624 viewsTacticalR

Player Departures on 17:43 - Jul 1 by Bluce_Ree

Bye bye, AJ. You were shite.

I would have used the term 'non-existent'.

At least Palace can now snap him up on that 3-year deal.

Air hostess clique

Player Departures on 10:51 - Jul 3 with 1602 viewssimmo

Agree with Antti for the most part but do think he's a big character in the dressing room and if he accepts substantially lower wages for a 1 year deal, I wouldn't mind having him to chuck at defences for the last 20mins, a la Wigan.

Also don't see much support from all those that had a pop at me a few months back for saying Luke Young is a fckin waste of space. Enjoy your pension you cnt, I hope you get sunburn on that useless bald head.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024