Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation beckons 09:05 - Jan 2 with 15091 viewspomanjou

However hard they may try, however much quality we may have, whoever we may be missing through injury, the fact is that 4 points from the last 18 possible is relegation form.

We had dead cat bounce.

We are giving him time, I hope and we should, but I am confused by his lineups and what was the point of bring on Luongo in the 85th minute just to mention one thing.

The Messiah he is not.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Relegation beckons on 17:48 - Jan 3 with 2745 viewsHollowayRanger

Relegation beckons on 12:23 - Jan 3 by WestonsuperR

What worries me is I am sure the more recently promoted teams (Rotherham, Bristol City for example) will be well up for the fight of staying in this league, will our players? I believe the towards the end of the season the players need the right mental attitude, this starts with the Manager and have seen little to comfort me from JFH so far.

all too true

now that any hope of playoffs let alone promotion is all but gone how will our players react with nothing to aim for

and how many of our over paid players will put in 100% and risk injury with their contracts running out

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Relegation beckons on 18:39 - Jan 3 with 2684 viewsLadbrokeR

Relegation beckons on 17:48 - Jan 3 by HollowayRanger

all too true

now that any hope of playoffs let alone promotion is all but gone how will our players react with nothing to aim for

and how many of our over paid players will put in 100% and risk injury with their contracts running out

The fella was appointed on the 4th of December. In old money that makes it a month. He averaged 2 points a games at Burton. He may not be the answer but this is who we have got. Either I am getting old or our fanbase is so immersed in a sense of entitlement that people are losing all sense of perspective. I called for Ramsay to go that night at Brentford was a game too far. I don't know why Jet isn't being selected ahead of Poulter but given that JFH knows a bit more about football management than most people on this board giving someone 6 games isn't any time at all.
Relegation beckons on 10:03 - Jan 4 with 2530 viewsSimonJames

Relegation beckons on 17:27 - Jan 3 by Jigsore

And even then Wolves were relegated with 51 points, that would see you safe in nearly any other season

Yeah, the points were remarkably evenly distributed that season... only 6 points separated positions 10 to 21!
Going into the last 4 games of the season still about half the teams in the league could have been relegated.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Relegation beckons on 10:25 - Jan 4 with 2510 viewsElHoop

Relegation beckons on 18:39 - Jan 3 by LadbrokeR

The fella was appointed on the 4th of December. In old money that makes it a month. He averaged 2 points a games at Burton. He may not be the answer but this is who we have got. Either I am getting old or our fanbase is so immersed in a sense of entitlement that people are losing all sense of perspective. I called for Ramsay to go that night at Brentford was a game too far. I don't know why Jet isn't being selected ahead of Poulter but given that JFH knows a bit more about football management than most people on this board giving someone 6 games isn't any time at all.

Yeah I'm with you there. Ramsay had never looked like a manager and had no prior experience that suggested that he could be a championship manager. He had long enough to at least look a little bit like he was up to it but he seemed to be getting worse. JFH has proved himself in lower leagues and it must be killing him that he's without a win. He's talking about trying a different formation in the cup. I suspect that he'll try two up front and maybe a 4-4-2 or 5-3-2. A 5-3-2 might suit us slightly better with what we've got available for this game. But talk of relegation strikes me as being a bit dumb.
Relegation beckons on 10:31 - Jan 4 with 2502 viewspaulparker

Relegation beckons on 10:25 - Jan 4 by ElHoop

Yeah I'm with you there. Ramsay had never looked like a manager and had no prior experience that suggested that he could be a championship manager. He had long enough to at least look a little bit like he was up to it but he seemed to be getting worse. JFH has proved himself in lower leagues and it must be killing him that he's without a win. He's talking about trying a different formation in the cup. I suspect that he'll try two up front and maybe a 4-4-2 or 5-3-2. A 5-3-2 might suit us slightly better with what we've got available for this game. But talk of relegation strikes me as being a bit dumb.

5-3-2 with our fullbacks would be a Disaster,
if we must insist on playing Koncheskey & Ned there we would be better off playing 4-4-2 as they don't push up enough

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Relegation beckons on 11:52 - Jan 4 with 2450 viewsElHoop

Relegation beckons on 10:31 - Jan 4 by paulparker

5-3-2 with our fullbacks would be a Disaster,
if we must insist on playing Koncheskey & Ned there we would be better off playing 4-4-2 as they don't push up enough

Well I was going by what he said - some squad rotation and change of formation might be about to happen at Forest. You could put Suk on the left and try Mackie on the right like he did for Scotland once or twice. Or Henry on the right.
Relegation beckons on 11:55 - Jan 4 with 2440 viewspomanjou

Nothing dumb about raising the question of relegation within the context of the op.

the first 19 games yielded 26 points, average 1.38 per game.
the last 6 games have yielded 4 points average 0.67 per game.

We are slowly drifting down the table.

We have already lost to 2 teams currently below us and I have not seen us anywhere close to blowing away any team, above or below, the whole season.

Its only points that decide who goes down although on the face of it we are better equipped than others to avoid the drop.

But the fact is that we are more likely to go down than achieve even a top 8 position never mind the play offs or laughably auto promotion.

We are 9 points off the 3rd relegation spot and 11 off the last playoff spot.

At the start of the season I was looking for a good top half finish at least close to the playoffs. I will now be more than happy with with midtable obscurity but not confident about it unless of course we have some top class signings lined up and I don't see that as a possibility.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Relegation beckons on 11:59 - Jan 4 with 2432 viewsadhoc_qpr

Relegation beckons on 11:52 - Jan 4 by ElHoop

Well I was going by what he said - some squad rotation and change of formation might be about to happen at Forest. You could put Suk on the left and try Mackie on the right like he did for Scotland once or twice. Or Henry on the right.

3-5-2 is a disaster unless your players are well drilled in it!

Look at what happened to us under Redknapp or when Allardyce's Sunderland got battered 6-2 by Everton earlier this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Relegation beckons on 12:08 - Jan 4 with 2412 viewswhittocksRs

Would like JFH to get rid of the high earners — Sandro, Fer, Green etc — this month (let them go for nominal fees to lower the wage bille) and focus on nuturing the young talent we have. Luongo, Gladwin, Harriman, Doughty, Petrasso, Hall, Polter and Suk Yung should all be considered players we can develop and move on for profit at a later date. They're no more or less likely to be relegated than if we stick with the big-earners. Would be disastrous to lose Austin, but if we can get £7m-8m for him at this stage we should probably cash in and chance staying up.

Haven't been impressed with JFH at all so far, but we cannot go on hiring and firing, so he HAS to be given at least a year to implement this own ideas. We've looked relatively strong in the first half of most games he's been in charge, but aren't fit enough to play his style the whole way through games. That could come with time.

The young guys can be conditioned to improve their engines, so they should be blooded, but I'm very concerned JFH considers Luongo et al as fringe players worthy only of an "unimportant" cup game.

Grim time to be a QPR fan all in all.
Relegation beckons on 12:11 - Jan 4 with 2403 viewsNorthernr

Relegation beckons on 11:59 - Jan 4 by adhoc_qpr

Look at what happened to us under Redknapp or when Allardyce's Sunderland got battered 6-2 by Everton earlier this season.

Ah yes, 'Arry's summer of wing backs built around Rio. What a time to be alive.
Relegation beckons on 12:17 - Jan 4 with 2383 viewsElHoop

Relegation beckons on 11:59 - Jan 4 by adhoc_qpr

I couldn't care less whether we play 3-5-2 or not. He's talking about a change of formation for the Forest game so if it's 3-5-2 then who would play wing back?

If it's 4-4-2 then I suppose that our lack of proper attacking full backs is more of a problem. We might as well have a go and play wing backs with some sort of offensive capacity as we won't have many goalscorers on the pitch whoever we put out, so we'll need to create plenty of chances somehow or the other. He might as well do something different - nothing to lose is there?
Relegation beckons on 12:22 - Jan 4 with 2372 viewsadhoc_qpr

Relegation beckons on 12:11 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Ah yes, 'Arry's summer of wing backs built around Rio. What a time to be alive.

Don't forget Richard Dunne on the left of a back 3 with Traore outside him - who could have foreseen that going wrong eh?
Relegation beckons on 12:24 - Jan 4 with 2366 viewsadhoc_qpr

Relegation beckons on 12:17 - Jan 4 by ElHoop

I couldn't care less whether we play 3-5-2 or not. He's talking about a change of formation for the Forest game so if it's 3-5-2 then who would play wing back?

If it's 4-4-2 then I suppose that our lack of proper attacking full backs is more of a problem. We might as well have a go and play wing backs with some sort of offensive capacity as we won't have many goalscorers on the pitch whoever we put out, so we'll need to create plenty of chances somehow or the other. He might as well do something different - nothing to lose is there?

Furlong and Yun either side of Onouha and Hall would be a nice change - between slim and no chance of seeing that though!
Relegation beckons on 12:47 - Jan 4 with 2340 viewsSimonJames

Relegation beckons on 11:55 - Jan 4 by pomanjou

Nothing dumb about raising the question of relegation within the context of the op.

the first 19 games yielded 26 points, average 1.38 per game.
the last 6 games have yielded 4 points average 0.67 per game.

We are slowly drifting down the table.

We have already lost to 2 teams currently below us and I have not seen us anywhere close to blowing away any team, above or below, the whole season.

Its only points that decide who goes down although on the face of it we are better equipped than others to avoid the drop.

But the fact is that we are more likely to go down than achieve even a top 8 position never mind the play offs or laughably auto promotion.

We are 9 points off the 3rd relegation spot and 11 off the last playoff spot.

At the start of the season I was looking for a good top half finish at least close to the playoffs. I will now be more than happy with with midtable obscurity but not confident about it unless of course we have some top class signings lined up and I don't see that as a possibility.

No Championship team lying 16th or 17th after 25 games has ever managed to reach the play offs. The nearest was Coventry who managed to get from 17th to 8th in the 2005-6 season.

But likewise only Wolves & Portsmouth (docked 10 points) have gone the other way.

So the likelihood is that we will finish pretty much where we are now.
And hopefully Bungle (and the booing idiots) will allow JFH to get on with the restructuring that they originally asked CR to do before stitching him up via Twitter.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Relegation beckons on 13:00 - Jan 4 with 2323 viewswhittocksRs

Relegation beckons on 12:47 - Jan 4 by SimonJames

No Championship team lying 16th or 17th after 25 games has ever managed to reach the play offs. The nearest was Coventry who managed to get from 17th to 8th in the 2005-6 season.

But likewise only Wolves & Portsmouth (docked 10 points) have gone the other way.

And hopefully Bungle (and the booing idiots) will allow JFH to get on with the restructuring that they originally asked CR to do before stitching him up via Twitter.

TF has no plans to allow any rebuilding. He wants Premier League football, nothing else.
Relegation beckons on 13:14 - Jan 4 with 2304 viewsQPunkR

Relegation beckons on 12:47 - Jan 4 by SimonJames

We all know (even Uncle Tony, at this point) that we ain't going up this season. In all probability we'll finish closer to the bottom than the top, but without being blasé I don't think we'll be going down. Yes we've looked poor and no I couldn't tell you where wins will come from, but all teams go through different types of form. We're currently on the form labelled 'bad' but I feel we've got enough of a cushion already to make sure we don't go down. In short, we can get enough draws to stay up

QPR - "shit but local"

Relegation beckons on 13:54 - Jan 4 with 2251 viewsBluce_Ree

Relegation beckons on 20:45 - Jan 2 by FredManRave

I don't personally think we'll get relegated but if we do at least we've got the best man for the job of getting us promoted. Unless the board sack him in the meantime of course.

It'll be a spectacular effort by him to get us relegated with our squad and the amount of points we had when he came. If we go down then they had better sack him because he'll be shit as f**k.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Relegation beckons on 20:15 - Jan 4 with 2146 viewsCHUBBS

Another 5 games of our current form and he'll be gone which means NW will once again return to save us from relegation.
We'll have gone full circle back to 2010,1/4 billion quid lighter mind.
Hey we all know what happened the season after,I reckon lightning can strike twice me.
Relegation beckons on 21:48 - Jan 4 with 2106 viewsLadbrokeR

At which point Ramsay will be reinstated as an affordable interim manager. Les will make a statement basically highlighting how all of the potential targets where unavailable. Ramsay will lose three games and his tenure will come to an abrupt end when the position is put out to tender on Loft for Words. Most of us will think about applying but among the contributers will emerge our new saviour. This person will be one of our own he'll sort everything out and it will all take place in a fortnight.
Relegation beckons on 21:56 - Jan 4 with 2100 viewsTheBlob

Don't tell me,let me guess....."never liked the Championship,it's shite,always preferred the third tier."

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Relegation beckons on 22:43 - Jan 4 with 2064 viewsLadbrokeR

We all know that's the standard response to the premiership experience. That said should we sleep walk into a relegation fight and start to show as much bottle as an empty off licence only to fall through the trap door into the third tier I might use use your phrase. On serious note virtually hanging someone out to dry after a month is unbelievable. I could have this wrong but it's the 5th of January.
Relegation beckons on 22:46 - Jan 4 with 2060 viewsLadbrokeR

Relegation beckons on 22:43 - Jan 4 by LadbrokeR

We all know that's the standard response to the premiership experience. That said should we sleep walk into a relegation fight and start to show as much bottle as an empty off licence only to fall through the trap door into the third tier I might use use your phrase. On serious note virtually hanging someone out to dry after a month is unbelievable. I could have this wrong but it's the 5th of January.

It's the 5th of January where I am
Relegation beckons on 22:50 - Jan 4 with 2049 viewsPunteR

Relegation beckons on 22:46 - Jan 4 by LadbrokeR

It's the 5th of January where I am

Quick edit mate, no one will ever know..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Relegation beckons on 23:29 - Jan 4 with 2010 viewsHollowayRanger

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Relegation beckons on 06:08 - Jan 5 with 1942 viewsthemodfather

we could slide down the table...it depends on who stays and fights for the club and who goes, and infects their new team.
new signings? doubt we'll pay much, likely loans.
this whole effing squad needs to man up and fight, show some heart, apssion and gumption, you know MINERALS.
it's what they are paid to do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024