Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Hall 11:21 - Jan 2 with 6154 viewsPetros

I happen to think this guy has the makings of a seriously classy player. No coincidence that both Angella and Ned look comfortable when they play alongside him, and rubbish when they played together.

It's tragic (in football terms) that Ramsey didn't realise what an asset he was, while he was building a team who were top scorers for the first quarter of the season. All those goals and a tight defence would have led us to the top of the table.

Yesterday Hall had the added trauma of dealing with a demented goalkeeper who didn't actually notice that he was, as usual, in exactly the right position to deal with the cross quite comfortably.

If I were a Prem scout I would be having a good look. And he would be a pretty serious loss.
Grant Hall on 11:27 - Jan 2 with 4823 viewsMedwayR

I'm also a big fan of Hall, he's been by far our player of the season in my opinion. We need to play Onouha & Hall at CB and stop shifting Onouha to RB, they make a good partnership plus Angella is weak.

We need to extend Hall's contract asap.

Poll: Who’s better?

Grant Hall on 11:31 - Jan 2 with 4813 viewsaston_hoop

Completely agree that he looks like an excellent player, a real gem and a complete steal as we unlikely paid a huge amount1 Getting better with every game. Him and Ned have to start together for me.

However...not sure what Ramsey didn't realise. He coached him at Suprs, he signed him despite some peoples opposition (another Spurs player etc) and picked him consistently at CB as he grew in stature.

Really starting to look like a key player though

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Grant Hall on 11:36 - Jan 2 with 4795 viewsMedwayR

Grant Hall on 11:31 - Jan 2 by aston_hoop

Completely agree that he looks like an excellent player, a real gem and a complete steal as we unlikely paid a huge amount1 Getting better with every game. Him and Ned have to start together for me.

However...not sure what Ramsey didn't realise. He coached him at Suprs, he signed him despite some peoples opposition (another Spurs player etc) and picked him consistently at CB as he grew in stature.

Really starting to look like a key player though

Ramsey signed him as cover, gave him a run of games & then ludicrously dropped him as soon as we signed Angella.

Poll: Who’s better?

Grant Hall on 11:36 - Jan 2 with 4792 viewsPetros

Just checked - Hall was dropped in September, didn't play for four games during which we conceded nine goals, took us from play-offs to 12th.
Grant Hall on 11:40 - Jan 2 with 4773 viewsDieByYourSide

Has he got a song yet? He should. Get a contract extension sorted and pencil him in as one to build a team around next season

Poll: And it's hi ho

Grant Hall on 11:47 - Jan 2 with 4750 viewsHollowayRanger

has this and next season only left on contract once he's in his final year hes as good as gone

id happily offer him a 4 year deal on best wages we can afford try to unload off the wages bill fer sandro hoilett phillips traore green to free up some cash ,he is first name on the team sheet for me there are few good English centrebacks out there and he is one
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 12:35]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Grant Hall on 12:25 - Jan 2 with 4689 viewsRangersw12

Grant Hall on 11:36 - Jan 2 by Petros

Just checked - Hall was dropped in September, didn't play for four games during which we conceded nine goals, took us from play-offs to 12th.

Just about the time the expectations changed from consolidation to "promotion is everything "
Grant Hall on 13:03 - Jan 2 with 4616 viewsLblock

Christ I could've written the OP myself!!!

I'm on the record for months now as demanding we extend this lads contract ASAP
He is currently the only shining light in a back five in which the other four are on serious wedge and are either past it, mentally shot, useless, weak or all of the aforementioned

You'd like to think we have a clued up DoF who has spotted this and is "currently in negotiations"

Grant - please don't let last nights clown goalkeeping effect you in any way, shape or form!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Grant Hall on 13:12 - Jan 2 with 4599 viewsRANGERS4EVER

such a classy player. So composed on the ball, knows his surroundings, there was one point in the first half where he was our only attacking plauer, the ball was running off, he backheeled it onto their player and got us a corner. Fantastic defender

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Grant Hall on 13:32 - Jan 2 with 4552 viewsjohncharles

I've been with you all along LBlock. My big worry is that Hall will looking to further his career at a club with some stability. He was treated very shabbily when Angela came here, his hard work forming a great partnership with Ned which the manager doesn't seem to have noticed and now he has an OG on his CV courtesy of flapper Green.

Strong and stable my arse.

Grant Hall on 13:56 - Jan 2 with 4517 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another very promising showing yesterday. Definitely my player of the year so far.

He lost his man for the first goal, though, so let's be consistent and at least acknowledge that.

Apart from that he was excellent again - commanding and authoritative, read the game well and - as usual - burst forward to good effect a few times as well. If it wasn't for the first goal he would've been my man of the match, but with centre-backs - as with goalies - errors leading to goals are headline news.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Grant Hall on 14:01 - Jan 2 with 4500 viewsLblock

Grant Hall on 13:56 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Another very promising showing yesterday. Definitely my player of the year so far.

He lost his man for the first goal, though, so let's be consistent and at least acknowledge that.

Apart from that he was excellent again - commanding and authoritative, read the game well and - as usual - burst forward to good effect a few times as well. If it wasn't for the first goal he would've been my man of the match, but with centre-backs - as with goalies - errors leading to goals are headline news.

I think you'll find that first goal is down to a powder puff loss of the ball up the pitch by Henry, a double quick turnover and Konchesky failing to get round on the cover quick enough.

Dont diss the boy Hall or there'll be trouble I'm telling ya

Grant Hall on 14:20 - Jan 2 with 4463 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grant Hall on 14:01 - Jan 2 by Lblock

I think you'll find that first goal is down to a powder puff loss of the ball up the pitch by Henry, a double quick turnover and Konchesky failing to get round on the cover quick enough.

Dont diss the boy Hall or there'll be trouble I'm telling ya

I watched it again, LB. He looked at the scorer, watching him all the way back, then left him and got drawn onto the near post. Not a huge error but it was his call.

Grant Hall on 14:53 - Jan 2 with 4414 viewsWestbourneR

Don't really rate him. His reading of the game is decent but he gets beaten in the air far too easily and over commits to tackles high up the pitch that he's never going to win.

I think Angella is actually a good player when partnered with Ned at CB

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Grant Hall on 15:36 - Jan 2 with 4350 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought Angella was excellent yesterday, and it was a hell of a culture shock to see him actually look for the ball short from Green a few times.

Grant Hall on 17:14 - Jan 2 with 4273 viewsjohncharles

Grant Hall on 15:36 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought Angella was excellent yesterday, and it was a hell of a culture shock to see him actually look for the ball short from Green a few times.

Good but slow. No wonder Watford are doing so well having got rid their slowest players. Him and "divers boots" Toszer.

Grant Hall on 18:01 - Jan 2 with 4224 viewsJigsore

Grant Hall on 17:14 - Jan 2 by johncharles

Good but slow. No wonder Watford are doing so well having got rid their slowest players. Him and "divers boots" Toszer.

That was still enough to play 35 and 45 league games respectively for Watford as they got promoted last season mind

I think we've got 3 good CBs in Ned, Hall and Angella (and more than adequate cover in Clint) but they're always going to be made to look like nobheads occasionally when you've got fullbacks that won't push up past the halfway line. It invites so much unnecessary pressure because other team's widemen don't have to defend nearly as much, not to mention Green's recent indiscretions

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Grant Hall on 22:26 - Jan 2 with 4109 viewsLblock

Grant Hall on 18:01 - Jan 2 by Jigsore

That was still enough to play 35 and 45 league games respectively for Watford as they got promoted last season mind

I think we've got 3 good CBs in Ned, Hall and Angella (and more than adequate cover in Clint) but they're always going to be made to look like nobheads occasionally when you've got fullbacks that won't push up past the halfway line. It invites so much unnecessary pressure because other team's widemen don't have to defend nearly as much, not to mention Green's recent indiscretions

Bang. Fackin. On

The modern day game is so much about full backs.
My QPR legend is Clive Wilson, now there was the complete player.

This is why I covered the two gentlemen in front of me in spittle yesterday a couple of times when venting at Konchesky
For my shame, and I apologise to them, it's only a game.....

Grant Hall on 22:31 - Jan 2 with 4100 viewsNorthernr

Angella was Watford's best defender by a mile last season, and I don't think he looked too bad yesterday. As said, we've got to start asking why players who look good elsewhere always look bad here.

Hall, thankfully, is bucking that trend. Not a name, not a big fee, good age, well scouted by the much maligned Ferdinand and Ramsey combination. Exactly the sort of player we should be signing. "Not another Tottenham player " to quote directly one of the responses to his original arrival on here.
Grant Hall on 22:36 - Jan 2 with 4089 viewsdaveB

Not sure about Ramsey not realising what an asset he had in Hall, he was the one who signed him and played him every week
Grant Hall on 22:49 - Jan 2 with 4069 viewsjohncharles

Don't know how anyone can defend Angella. Just hoofed the ball into the air. Anything but take responsibility. Just kick the ball as far away as possible from himself.

Grant Hall on 18:55 - Jan 3 with 3939 viewsDorse

Grant Hall on 22:26 - Jan 2 by Lblock

Bang. Fackin. On

The modern day game is so much about full backs.
My QPR legend is Clive Wilson, now there was the complete player.

This is why I covered the two gentlemen in front of me in spittle yesterday a couple of times when venting at Konchesky
For my shame, and I apologise to them, it's only a game.....

'Next time, we can sit in the Ellerslie darling, I promise'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Grant Hall on 18:59 - Jan 3 with 3933 viewsvegasranger

Only good summer signing by the dream team of of Ferdinand / Ramsay.
Grant Hall on 12:25 - Jan 4 with 3742 viewswhittocksRs

I wouldn't put it past QPR to go out and buy another aging centre-back to replace him at some point.
Grant Hall on 13:41 - Jan 4 with 3697 viewsadhoc_qpr

I loved Hall's buccaneering runs from the back, reminded me of vintage Sol Campbell!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024